Re: whoa

Discussion in '2001 Ford 49 Concept' started by Megatrend 2002, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- Signature -->

2. Yo Megatrend! When did the PT Cruiser become a Sports-car? No Front Wheel Drive car is a sportscar as far as I know!

Plus whats wrong with this? What do you expect? It's a crusier not a rally car. This car was built to cruise! Are all cars supposed to be Sportcars?

I'm glad there going retro also! That way America has a style again. A style that is unique to America! Before it seemed that America was strugling for a uniquley American shape. Now going back to retro (when American cars were at the tme considered very beutifuly designed) they get back there identity.

I find it hard to believe a car enthusiast could say this car is ugly.

An ugly Aztec sure, PT Crusier ehhhh ok I'll give you that. Firebird? Yah I see where your coming from with that, but This? No way man It's very nice to look at. <!-- Signature -->

3. Yo MegaTrend: I reread your comment, I read it incorectly the first time. But there are still some good points in my above comment. <!-- Signature -->

4. This car has an awesome paint job and the lines are alright but the interrior looks like they were tying to make it ugly!

5. CHRIS V: What kind of car is that for your Icon? It looks cool<!-- Signature -->

6. whoa

This is just butt ugly, it looks like they tried to bring back some of the classic elements and combine them with today's technology, which makes for a very disturbing look

7. wut u talking about willis this car is amazing man it looks wicked.<!-- Signature -->

8. Im not a big fan of all these retro cars coming out. The only people that really buy them are the same people that bought the PT Cruiser.

9. This car is built for the luxury driver, someone who wants to sit back and showoff.... the PT cruiser is an ugly sports car and any one tries to compare them needs to adjust there optical lenses.

New car category UV(ugly vehicle):pT Cruiser
    Pont. Aztek<!-- Signature -->

10. Indeed, retro-cars are the next-big-idea to manufacturers, look at Chrysler's PT cruiser, it has become a sales hit, so much that Chrysler is making the its next RWD-family sedans retro-looking ...
    Chevy has the SSR coming out next year, and there's a next gen Camaro with retro looks coming too...

Ford has teh T-bird and recently announced that it will put the 49 into production, maybe using the T-bird plattform, this car is nice because even though it looks decidedly retro, its fresh inside, retro-cool I'd say<!-- Signature -->

11. yO 300ZX GUY! Your one of the most foolish people I have ever met!

Thats Ugly? So whats good looking a tricked out VW GTI? Looks like it's been slapped together. What would you rather own honestly? A tricked Honda Accord or this Ford 49? I would have nothing but the upmost respect for the guy who owned this car. No real respect for the Accord guy.<!-- Signature -->

12. i think that remaking a new model of an old car is pretty dumb<!-- Signature -->

13. Ford 49 would still be in the $35,000-$45,000 bracket and prolly have a markup because it would be like the new T-bird just sellin' itself to the point it's back ordered for almost a year in a few weeks...<!-- Signature -->

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from relayagent</i>
    <b>the fortynine is soo beautiful. i really dont understand how a four seat coupe would be competition for a 2 seat convertible so i never understand this 'itll eat into tbird sales' thinking... ford shoudl build the fortynine..id pay up to $40k easy for a faithful nicely executed version. too bad they are having so much trouble, now they are tempting me again with a convertible version!! drool..drool..</b></blockquote><center><hr
    width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

well the question here would be what would you rat her have? a US$35000 '49 sport coupe or a $40000 T-bird w/ the optional hard top? plus the 49 packaging makes it more attractive than the T-bird... room for 5, same engine, same plattform but a hard top...

and who knows if they decided to build it they may even borrow the Lincoln LS interiors as well...<!-- Signature -->

15. This is a luxury competer build by ford to compete with the Caddy, Mercedes and Lexus, and meanwhile undercut the prices by 10-20 grand. And this can also probably outrun Mercedes and Lexus if they put a super, a turbo, one kickass say 8 liter V-8 and AWD this would blow off anythin' up till porsche<!-- Signature -->

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Megatrend 2002</i>
    <b>This car is built for the luxury driver, someone who wants to sit back and showoff.... the PT cruiser is an ugly sports car and any one tries to compare them needs to adjust there optical lenses.

New car category UV(ugly vehicle):pT Cruiser
    Pont. Aztek</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The PT is not a sports car. It is a small, yet versatile station wagon with unique style. YOU need the glasses, and a bit of education in what people who aren't teenage boys want in a vehicle.

I've already looked at the PT as a possible next family car. Small on the outside, yet more room and more versatile than most SUVs or small wagons. Plus it makes for a great custom canvas for those (like me) who grew up on the classic street rods, but want a warranty in a daily driver.<!-- Signature -->

17. no shit this has lines. absolutely #$%#ing gorgeous. i hate fords and this car kicks ass. when i'm a mobster so i can afford cool cars, i'm gonna pull up in one of these.

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Offroader</i>
    <b>This is a luxury competer build by ford to compete with the Caddy, Mercedes and Lexus, and meanwhile undercut the prices by 10-20 grand. And this can also probably outrun Mercedes and Lexus if they put a super, a turbo, one kickass say 8 liter V-8 and AWD this would blow off anythin' up till porsche</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

uhhm...
    yeah Ford will have a hard time positioning this car, because its got the T-bird to compete in the near-luxo convertible market, and a coupe-ified version wouldn't do the trick

the 49 is said to be priced below the T-bird, so, that makes it in the high 20's low to mid 30's I guess...

<!-- Signature -->

19. the fortynine is soo beautiful. i really dont understand how a four seat coupe would be competition for a 2 seat convertible so i never understand this 'itll eat into tbird sales' thinking... ford shoudl build the fortynine..id pay up to $40k easy for a faithful nicely executed version. too bad they are having so much trouble, now they are tempting me again with a convertible version!! drool..drool..