Re: Why are the wheels in line?

Discussion in '1997 Dodge T-Rex 6X6 Concept' started by ZOMB1E, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Why are the wheels in line?

2. why wouldn't they be

3. The wheels are inline because for a 6X6 to work, they have to be. For a 6X6 to work there have to be 3 axles and they must all be aligned with exeption to the wheels where steering occurs. anyways, this thing is damn good offroad where it can fit...<!-- Signature -->

4. The wheels being inline is a great idea. You can park it a lot easier then a dualie and going offroad, youd have better traction. IF DODGE WANTED TO SATISFY MY DREAM, THEY WOULD CUT AWAY THE CAB AND DUALLIE UP THE WHEELS. KENWORTH HO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. as the last two messages said, traction. Anyone who has tried to pull a heavy ass boat up a wet ramp with a duely knows they get no better traction than a single axle. The extra wheels on a duely are only for stability.

6. i would rather have dual rear wheels.

7. a ten wheel pickup or double dualie (drool)<!-- Signature -->

8. There is another reason nobody else touched on. It also has something to do with more even weight distribution while carrying a load in the bed. I would think the wheel housing that cuts into the bed would be less intrusive than that of a dualie system (the width of 1 wheel is obviously not as much as two side by side.) I doubt anyone will be bold enough to bring out this design on a truck for the public.

9. You know, I really like this truck. Only one tiny litle problem, I cant drive it. 12,000 pounds? Here in Ontario, that requires a D licence. God Damned Nation!

10. The wheels are in line for a number of reasons, first: traction, as a number of messages have already said, 6 wheels is better than 4; second: width, with this layout, you get the effect of a dualie without the added track; third, off-road ability, this thing could squeeze down trails that those fat dualies can only dream about.

The coolest thing on 6 wheels.<!-- Signature -->

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Truckman</i>
    <b>You know, I really like this truck. Only one tiny litle problem, I cant drive it. 12,000 pounds? Here in Ontario, that requires a D licence. God Damned Nation!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

What a dork! Why don't you just go get the D-class license and quit whinning like a little girl. And don't dis Canada, or else I'll kick your Ablam lickin' ass.

Ablam.....ABLAM......come!

<!-- Signature -->

12. What a jackass!

13. The whhels have to be in a line! every single car's wheels in the world are in a line!
    <!-- Signature -->

14. Not those 3 wheeled cars.... maybe I misuderstood what you're talkin about....whatever.<!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mangustapimp</i>
    <b>tell dodge drugs are bad! hmmm.... magnum v10.....sucks for a huge truck like this but may be i could fit it in my truck</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

wtf do u expect to push 6 ton and still capable of of towing over twice its weight?...an import inline 4?...the magnum v10 was an excellant choice of engine for the huge jobs and a perfect choice by dodge, would u rather pull up in one of these at a stop light, have people look up at the side of it and read inline 4 or magnum V10?....

im sure u know wut my answer is

16. This truck sucks. I hate dodge. If you had this truck, it would guaranteed that this truck would fall apart.

17. sledehammerdude you are an idiot. take your piss ant little ford and go post somewhere else ass clown

18. sledgehammerdude-how the hell do you think you can say dodge sucks
    you guarantee it will fall apart-i guarantee you don't know shit<!-- Signature -->