Re: why bother? just get a M3

Discussion in '2002 BMW 330Ci Clubsport' started by 280z, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Ok, so you answered your own question. Don't forget that it's also very difficult to even test drive an M3 at a dealership, even if you're a serious buyer. Not even joking.

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 280z</i>
    <b>Ok, so you answered your own question. Don't forget that it's also very difficult to even test drive an M3 at a dealership, even if you're a serious buyer. Not even joking.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> yeah i know what you mean. I ordered an M3 SMG even though i never drove it before. I know its a great car so why bother test driving one

3. Right.

This car will be vastly cheaper than the M3.

This car is also vastly less visually bulbous and bulky
    than the M3. I'm personally disappointed with new E46 M3
    as I like a bit of subtle "wolf-in-sheeps-clothing" with
    my vehicles. The new car looks like a toy to my eye and I
    find myself looking at the more sleek and silm 330 coupes.

For me, the Club Sport seems like a nice opportunity.

T.

4. in my opinion, the M3 looks nothing like the rest of the 3-Series. I dont get why they call it a "Wolf in sheeps clothing". Maybe its just my knowledge of cars that lets me distinguish easily a car from another, because I see a very big difference between the M3 and the 3<!-- Signature -->

5. I wouldn't conside the Clubsport to be a "wolf-in-sheeps-clothing" (once more) at all. Looks aggressive enough to me. Of course the M3 is a bit wider, but other than that there's not a heck of a lot appearance wise.<!-- Signature -->

6. An Australian would always buy and M3 over this. Here an M3 sells for AU$154 900 and the eqivalent of the clubsport sells for AU$134 000 both plus onroad costs.

7. the 330ci is expensive enough while if u wanna take it home with some factory options, the price would be around $40000. with the club sport it only has few modifications, and dunno how much bmw will rip u off for that. hehe. well these mods listed the owner could do it themselves when they get their stock 330ci. IF THEY ADD A 6 SPEED IN THIS THING I MIGHT CONSIDER. HAHAHA.<!-- Signature -->

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from screwamericancars</i>
    <b> I dont get why they call it a "Wolf in sheeps clothing".

Its pretty simple...all 3 series and M3s look the same...interms of overall design. BUT the engine is different, way different.
    They particularly call the M5 a "wolf in sheeps clothing", cause it really doesnt look like a car that has 400bhp does it?

anyway...this car is just 1500 british pounds short of an M3, so pay the 1500 pounds and get a better car!<!-- Signature -->

9. And why do you think that all customer wanna have M3? If it's so, there wouldn't be other models, like 316, 320, 323 etc...

See ya later...

10. My dad has recently bought a BMW 330ci sprot convertible n thats faster than this. The only thing this has different is "slightly stiffer suspension and a pointless addition to the name" and thats a quote from the car dealer. The moral of this sory is simple get a 330 convertible!!

11. Re: Right.

once again we see that even great compaines like BMW cannot please everybody,
    oh well his loss, to me its simply the greatest car on the planet. period.

12. I think if your not in to spending the money on an M3 but u want somethin similar for less then y not just get the 330ci with the M sports package, having a friend who has one of these i can honestly say that it suprised me and the tiptronic shifting on it is great and very aggressive. Not a bad way to go if u dont have quite enough money for the m3

13. why not just get a 2004 nissan maxima??

14. haha yeh, why not an M3?

15. Give me the money first.