Re: why did dodge not buld it?

Discussion in '1997 Dodge Copperhead' started by Z24_Cavalier, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I think Dodge should have built it it's not to futuristic and it looks like an all around nice car

2. why did dodge not buld it?

There is some things they could have fixed on it, like put a v8 in it than it would have been the ulmite car for not alot of money. Well if someone knows how to write to dodge let me know becouse i wanna see this car on the road some time in my life and not have it be what it is right now.

3. indeed a production Copperhead was just obvious I mean, after all they put the Prowler and Viper in production and they are makjing the Crossfire, this car, the Copperhead makes a lot of sense, cmon, it could be a Z3 beater with a V8 engine put on it.<!-- Signature -->

4. for sure,

the copperhead and the 1999 charger r/t
    they both should have been put into production!
    why just put them in a bunch of auto shows and then not make them ?
    seems very strange to me,

maybe they need some more funding for the concept to become production.

I can't tell ya myself :(

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Brandon J Lindgren</i>
    <b>for sure,

the copperhead and the 1999 charger r/t
    they both should have been put into production!
    why just put them in a bunch of auto shows and then not make them ?
    seems very strange to me,

maybe they need some more funding for the concept to become production.

I can't tell ya myself :(</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yeah it depends on people's reaction at it, that's perhaps why the Charger is gonna make it into production while the Copperhead will not.<!-- Signature -->

6. This car would be so kickass if built. For those who can't afford that oh-so-sweet Viper, this would be a great alternative without getting an Intrepid or something. I mean it's got great styling, ample power and light weight. It kind of reminds me of a Taurus SHO except with much better styling and rear wheel drive :)<!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WS6 46n2</i>
    <b>This car would be so kickass if built. For those who can't afford that oh-so-sweet Viper, this would be a great alternative without getting an Intrepid or something. I mean it's got great styling, ample power and light weight. It kind of reminds me of a Taurus SHO except with much better styling and rear wheel drive :)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yeah this could have been the Viper's little brother...
    now...
    I would tell the guys at Dodge to think again about putting it into production... I mean, Chrysler has got the Prowler and now the Crossfire... the latter would make a solid plattform for the copperhead, and they could borrow parts, starting with the engine.<!-- Signature -->

8. and with the camaro going out this type of car could be in MAJOR demand after camaro is gone. so we have to find some possible way to get dodge to do something more with it i mean this could be soooo much it is insane dodge is not bulding it!!!!

9. Dodge should have built it. It would become famous. Kids in the future would look at the beginning of y2k and see this famous car. It would be extremely popular if it was built.<!-- Signature -->

10. which car would you like to make it to production?
    The Copperhead or the 2002 Razor???
    <!-- Signature -->

11. the copperhead by far, i personally thought the razor looked quite shitty, despite the copperhead look. even if it had the v-6 it still would be better than that mess they call the razor.....

12. Dunno...I prefer the Razor.The Copperhead is also very cool but still i turn to Razor.<!-- Signature -->

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from DriveBy</i>
    <b>Dunno...I prefer the Razor.The Copperhead is also very cool but still i turn to Razor.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yeah it shows on your avatar that you love the Razor.

Uhm Chrysler cars' styling seems to be moving toward a retro-flavored area we have never seen before, at first I thought DC would keep the retro styling for its Chrysler division only, but when Dodge showed the Super8 Hemi (and recently the Razor) I see they are betting on heritage inspired styling strongly...<!-- Signature -->

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from DriveBy</i>
    <b>Dunno...I prefer the Razor.The Copperhead is also very cool but still i turn to Razor.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Why don't they try and release the razor and copperhead with the 2003 RT/10?But remember it took em awhile to get the viper into production!<!-- Signature -->

15. Nice car indeed.SEAN where did you get the ferrari pic from?<!-- Signature -->

16. <!-- Signature -->

17. SEAN.Where did you get the ferrari pic?<!-- Signature -->

18. DODGE LOOKED AT THE VIPER AND SAW NO NEED TO BUILD THIS. THEY FIGURED THAT THEY HAD ONE OF THE BEST SPEEDSTERS OUT THERE. THIS IS A STEP DOWN FROM THE VIPER GIVING AN EXCELLENT CAR TO THOSE WHO CAN'T AFFORD THE VIPER. I AGRREE THEY SHOULD START PRODUCING IT.<!-- Signature -->

19. This is just the kind of US cars we like in Europe !

Build it and export it !

20. why did dodge not build it? very good question. however, there are a billion cars who go through the concept/prototype stage, then never make it to production. there are several reasons, a few being that:
    1.) the trends seem to be going towards SUV's
    2.) the economy
    3.) the company doesn't have the resources to build it
    4.) the people don't want to spend money on that car
    5.) the car didn't receive good reviews as a concept
    like i said, there are a lot more reasons. then again, the whole market could shift to cars again, and dodge would probably make it. right now, i can tell you, dodge are going to be focused on fuel-efficient cars and crossovers for now, because that is what the people want.

21. Well if they were going to produce it they wouldnt be able to call it the Copperhead, the reason is because there is some guy in Teaxs that owns the name. thats why on all the models its not called the copper head if you look its called the Dodge concept car.

22. why build if they are not going to produce it. lets think about it how do you subtly find out how the public will react to a big design change. try om another car. this concept is the smaller precursor to the changes tin the new viper. some stuff worked some didnt.<!-- Signature -->

23. Well tring to get back to where i was before... Is there anything at all i or someone can do to make dodge try to change thier mind?. I mean hell they are bring back the hemi and that would the the perfect engine to put in it probally re-gear or steal the viper 6-speed and you probally will have a covette fighter.... mabye...... but pleaqse if someone knows anything let me know!!!!

24. This is a car that could go either way. the headlights are the new style that people might love or hate...could turn out to be a really popular car, but i think the styling is too futuristic...too many changes at once.

"My other ride's your girlfriend"

25. don't use caps!

please.