Re: Why do u guys like american carz??

Discussion in '2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS 35th Anniversary' started by C5 R Vette, Aug 9, 2002.

1. japcarsrule u are the biggest morron. Any american car would kill a jap car no hands down. give me an jap import that would beet a C5 R corvette.

F*ck the Rest, Americas the Best<!-- Signature -->

2. hey guys i wanna clear sumthing up. somebody was talkin about how a bmw would get smoked by a mclaren..well what kind of engine is in the mclaren...a bmw v12. so u really cant say it would smoke a beamer because it sorta is one. also japcarsrule. A camaro could beat any rice rocket that costs the same as it. so u should shut ur mouth and show some respect for muscle cars. theyve probably been around longer then you have been alive.

3. What really cracks me up is that I hear ALLLL about these "10 Second" rice burners on message boards, aol, etc. I have YET to have one beat me on the road. I'm sure 10 second riceburners do exist, but they must be extremely rare. All of the stickers in the world never helped ANY rice burner I've raced beat me, in either my 99 Vette or my 01 Saleen S281 (no longer own it). Horse power sells cars but torque wins races, check out the torque specs on any Honda and you'll see why. <!-- Signature -->

4. Yep, not only do domestic cars suck, but the officials of domestic car races are cowards! Before Toyota got so involved in F1 they had a NASCAR developement and NHRA T/F developement. Both cars set records while still under testing but they aren't official. Toyota won't be racing these vehicles though, it seems that traditionaly domestic cars win WinstonCup and T/F events and the officials won't allow imports to outrun them, i.e. won't allow Toyota's entries. If they did the big three would all but be forgotten in the motorsport world. If Toyota's small displacement gas engines can make 1000 bhp how much would their huge T/F engine make burning nitro-methane!?!?!?! At least 1000 MORE than the current record holders!

5. Hey EmmAr

My 1985 MR2: $2000
    My new paint: $400
    My mods: about $1400
    Big Line of Bullshit: Priceless
    My best 1/4 mile: 13.56 @ 101.7 yeah right

Even IF.. IF you weren't a liar WTF does buying some peice of shit $2000 car and adding aftermarket parts have to do with anything?

Let me pick up an old Ford Pinto for $1000, add some NOS, $700.00, and I still got you beat. LOL! <!-- Signature -->

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EmmArTooGuy</i>
    <b>HP/L just shows the time the manufacturer is willing to invest in the car. If it has a crude engine the rest of the car will match. The Vipier Handles good because it has huge sticky tires, its fast in a straight line because it has a huge engine. The whole car is crude. Why pay $60K for that when you could build something like it in your garage? My dad had an MGA with a 410 bhp 289 and it ran 11 something in the 1/4 mile and handled good too but it was just a 1900 lb car with a big engine and fat tires, like the Viper, nothin special. The Ferarri does everything well though because Ferarri spent a lot of time on it.

In the June 1999 issue of Road & Track Mario Andretti compared the Viper, Corvette, NSX, Esprit,F355 Spider, and Carrera 4 at the East Loop of Buttonwillow Raceway.When all was said and done Mario rated the cars as follows:

1st Carrera 4
    2nd NSX
    3rd F355 Spider
    4th Corvette
    5th Esprit
    6th Viper

Yep, the Viper wins again. If racing legends don't like driving it on a track I won't either. I drive a refinded sports car everyday and I've driven Z28s and Vettes. Its sad when a 1985 MR2 with worn out struts out handles both of them. I've never tried a Viper and from the reviews it gets from pro drivers I don't want to.

When I was talking about BHP/Liter I was refering to the TVR Speed 12 whcih has a 7.7 liter engine pumping out 800 bhp and it is way faster than the S7.

Well its time to go enjoy my car again while y'all drool over cruchy turds. Have fun.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Horsepower per liter means nothing unless you are comparing engines of the same displacement. You can tune the engine yourself to make more. I'm guessing you didn't know that since you don't seem to have much knowledge of cars. Well, go drive what Andretti recommends. I don't care, I'll just be driving something cheaper that'll still beat ya.

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EmmArTooGuy</i>
    <b>HP/L just shows the time the manufacturer is willing to invest in the car. If it has a crude engine the rest of the car will match. The Vipier Handles good because it has huge sticky tires, its fast in a straight line because it has a huge engine. The whole car is crude. Why pay $60K for that when you could build something like it in your garage? My dad had an MGA with a 410 bhp 289 and it ran 11 something in the 1/4 mile and handled good too but it was just a 1900 lb car with a big engine and fat tires, like the Viper, nothin special. The Ferarri does everything well though because Ferarri spent a lot of time on it.

In the June 1999 issue of Road & Track Mario Andretti compared the Viper, Corvette, NSX, Esprit,F355 Spider, and Carrera 4 at the East Loop of Buttonwillow Raceway.When all was said and done Mario rated the cars as follows:

1st Carrera 4
    2nd NSX
    3rd F355 Spider
    4th Corvette
    5th Esprit
    6th Viper

Yep, the Viper wins again. If racing legends don't like driving it on a track I won't either. I drive a refinded sports car everyday and I've driven Z28s and Vettes. Its sad when a 1985 MR2 with worn out struts out handles both of them. I've never tried a Viper and from the reviews it gets from pro drivers I don't want to.

When I was talking about BHP/Liter I was refering to the TVR Speed 12 whcih has a 7.7 liter engine pumping out 800 bhp and it is way faster than the S7.

Well its time to go enjoy my car again while y'all drool over cruchy turds. Have fun.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

[sarcastic] Wow you really got me there [/sarcastic]

why don't you go and learn something about cars and then say something... It seems the more you open your mouth the less respect i loose for you.
    i again urge you to read some of the threads in the tech forum.

The fact is that that is the order HE choose them in, did you see the results of the drive around the course? i can garantee that the viper was the fastest and i am pretty sure that the Corvette was second. read my sig, that says something about the Corvette's handling.

Again i cannot stress enough, go read stuff in the regular forums and learn something. Ignorance is not a death sentence, it can be corrected.<!-- Signature -->

8. Mario choose them based on their track performance. The lap times weren't listed but if a pro driver says it slow it is. Sorry if the truth hurts.

9. HP/L is a large joke, thank God someone finally clarified that. And is it just me, or does 13.22 with an aftermarket motor not sound that great? Or, I'm sure it's top of the line. But this car does that stock. Should've saved your money and invested in a Camaro.

We just dropped a Pontiac 455 in Rich's 72 Goat. $1200 in the engine (he already had it). He runs 12 flat at the track - I suspect the addition of a roll cage will bring that time down severely.

The Olds 455 is the weakest by far of the three 455 BB's (Pontiac, Olds, Buick). The Stage 1 Buick is by far the strongest (150 Horses over the Olds, according to Car Craft, when built the same). The Stage 1 ruled the strip at low 13's/high 12's stock in 1970 - in a 3800lb Buick. So in a lighter Camaro, I'm sure it'd whoop a low-13 second MR2. And with the money he saved, I'm sure he could pimp his car out, also.

My Stang has $15,000 in the entire car - killer system, new interior, leather dash, bad ass stroker motor, not to mention Eibach springs/Koni shocks - and I beat your MR2 by 12 car lengths or so, well, according to my time slip, anyway...

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EmmArTooGuy</i>
    <b>Mario choose them based on their track performance. The lap times weren't listed but if a pro driver says it slow it is. Sorry if the truth hurts.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

i honestly don't believe you, could you scan it? I have never seen the Vette besting the Viper on a road course. If you reverse the order that is what i would expect and reversed it is similar to other results i have seen. You are going to have to prove that those weren't just ranked on preference and not performance.<!-- Signature -->

11. i have a 1996 camaro... Because that's what i was given when i graduated from highschool.
    The jap cars industry is relatively new compared with the american and european cars.
    They just need time to be great!
    BTW, german cars are better than american cars, and that's a fact!
    want me to some companies?
    - Mercedes
    - Porsche
    - BMW
    - Volkswagen/Audi

When talking about supercars u wanna talk about them, not about the price. The cheapest german models are more expensive than the cheap american models, but they are much much nicer!<!-- Signature -->

12. Hey sean!

What makes you think I'm a liar, huh? You don't think a 2300 lb car with 230 bhp @ 7300 rpm and 218 lb-ft will run 13.5 in the 1/4? You're about half stupid (probably more). You must be a liar because you claim to have a '99 Vette with 3.15 ring and pinion. Truth is: I don't know what you've got and you don't know what I've got. We just have to be on our honor to tell the truth. BTW: I don't think you could make a pinto do EVERYTHING my MR2 does for $3800. Remember, that it has to handle and stop well too. But like I said, I'll give you credit for trying. And if you are within 1000 miles of Central Texas I'd be glad to out run your Vette on tape! I beat the Vettes with 3.42 gears by about 10 feet so if yours is 3.15 I'll beat you even worse! Oh and you probably shouldn't talk bad about my car, it will still be in good shape (and still be getting faster every week) when your fiberglass coffin is cracked and busted up in some scrap yard...lol

Here is a breakdown of each of my modificatios and the performance at that time.

stock: my best 1/4 mile was 17.0 @ 83.7
    glass pack: 16.87 @ 83.6
    removed cat: 16.85 @ 83.9
    cold air intake: 16.77 @ 84.2
    cams (wrong ignition timing): 16.67 @ 83.5
    redesigned CAI (still wrong timing): 16.39 @ 84.2
    ignition advance corrected: 16.05 @ 85.7
    increased fuel pressure: 15.43 @ 88.2
    75 bhp shot: 13.56 @ 101.7

13. The only thing a MR2 does well is compact, yes stick it in a car car crusher and it smashes down nicely and looks better too. You may even get it crushed for free if you let the JUNK-YARD keep the battery, rario, or anything else of use. Hay the new MR2,s look a lot like a Porche Boxter, but that is the worst car Porche has made since the 914. Sorry, just a funny thought. I should not put anyone's car down, I would like to race that old Toyota.

14. Dear MR2 'GUY' did you want me to bring my wifes 2000' Hyundai Sonata to the race or my 1998' Camaro Z28 to the race. I really think think the Sonata could take you , or the Z28 which would only make you mad. Really how close is DALLAS.

15. Why even bother asking why we like American cars... The answer is so easy.
    Let's take a look at the American Sports Car:
    You turn on the Engine and you hear the low pitched purr of a 7.0 Liter engine. You hit the Gas and you can feel the torque that wants to break loose. Ahh... Raw American Horse Power!

Now Lets look at your rice eating POS's:
    You turn it over and the high pitched squeel of an engine that has pushed beyond it's limits. When you hit the gas you can hear the Twin Turbo pitch in the exhaust. You hit the gas and shift, The shifts are jerky because the engine has about 1/4 the torque as it does Horse Power. Then, 5 years down the road the turbos start leaking oil from the cooling system. Before you know it the whole engine is is shot because of all the oil that has gone through the ontake.

Hmmm.... What would I choose

16. Vetteman69, you are not smart. You talk about bmws not running with the the c6 and the mclearen f1? Guess who makes the engine for the mclearen f1, BMW. You really need to gain some car knowledge.

17. I want a 1992 Camaro.

Is it possible to get a CAMARO 1992 to 600HP+ ? without adding NOS?

Just wondering. HOW much would it cost?

1992 camaro + 1969 camaro = MMMMMMMM<!-- Signature -->

18. I'll tell you why I like American cars, v-8 engines! When you start a v-8 up all you hear is the sweet sound of dual exhaust growling back at ya! You hit the gas and the tq makes it feel as though the car is gonna rip in half.
    You start a import 4 banger and you need earplugs because it sounds like a oversized lawnmomer. You need to get the rpm's over 9000 to get anywhere. They have no style.
    Can't figure out why I'd rather have a American car...
    Now, I'd rather have a mustang than a camaro, I think they look better, but I would'nt mind having this car at all! Or a firebird for that matter.

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from American HP</i>
    <b>I'll tell you why I like American cars, v-8 engines! When you start a v-8 up all you hear is the sweet sound of dual exhaust growling back at ya! You hit the gas and the tq makes it feel as though the car is gonna rip in half.
    You start a import 4 banger and you need earplugs because it sounds like a oversized lawnmomer. You need to get the rpm's over 9000 to get anywhere. They have no style.
    Can't figure out why I'd rather have a American car...
    Now, I'd rather have a mustang than a camaro, I think they look better, but I would'nt mind having this car at all! Or a firebird for that matter.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

YEA!!!!!!!!

20. Mr2 guy your are an idiot i wasn't talking about form 1. i was talking about the car. and beside the new c6 is going to compet agains the new buggati((duh know how to spleel it)) in the gtp class. do u see an import in there. I don't think so<!-- Signature -->

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from DAMN</i>
    <b>I want a 1992 Camaro.

Is it possible to get a CAMARO 1992 to 600HP+ ? without adding NOS?

Just wondering. HOW much would it cost?

1992 camaro + 1969 camaro = MMMMMMMM</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well for about $5,000 you can get 425hp/510ft-lbs. (at the wheels) off a L98 derived motor. How do I know? 'cause I drive a '91 Camaro Z28 which is exactly the same as a '92. Anything more than that you would have to strengthen the bottem end.

22. jap cars are stupid, because you need to upgrade them to make them go fast.Besides you don't need huge spoilers on a car that oviously doesn't need them.

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from japcarsrule</i>
    <b>american cars suck so bad. they started this pony power war the japs are gonna finish it. oh and by the way, camaros suck!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    eat shit and die!!!!!!
    jap cars suck ass, they are the worst type of car. witrhout turbos and superchargers they would be a lot more slower, now if u put a turbo or supercharger in some american muscle, it would do the same thing as a damn rice roket. but we dont do that casue we dont need to. like i said earlier, EAT SHIT AND DIE!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

24. Some guy in Dallas said he'd like to race me...
    I live in Waco so I'll make you a deal, call me at (254) 752-5102 and we'll set up a time to race. I'll meet you any place you want to race. I'll add the footage of me beating the cheap Z28 and the cheap Sonata to my archive. Be a good sport and smile while I beat you on camera.

BTW: I've dropped a more advanced engine in and my current best 1/4 mile run on the new engine is 13.22@106.4!

Hope you like getting beat by 100 ft!

25. Too cool are you EmmArtooGuy, I will look at some NOS before the race, just to be safe.