Re: Why do u guys like american carz??

Discussion in '2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS 35th Anniversary' started by C5 R Vette, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Has anyone heard of the lingenfelter 427tt it can go 0-60 in 1.4sec. 0-100 4.3sec. 1/4 mile 9.2sec.(it's a freaking automatic not manual) and the topspeed is 240mph. or higher so that's faster than a mclearen f1 for less than 1/4 of the price. That should be enough proof for everyone that american muscle is the best.

2. No one is replying oviously, because you know that this American car is faster than all of the rest and has great handeling to.

3. Uh dude, it is street legal but not production. Its a tuner car. You could buy almost any stock car and modify it so that your total investment is $165,000 and run 9s. I'm not going to say lots, but there are other people who build 9 second street machines for under $165K. I could build an MR2 with a 2140cc engine that could run 8s and still handle good for about $40K. Then I could sell it for $80K and anyone who bought it could outrun the vette-thingy-hopper, for less than half the price. There are lots of cars you could build for less than $40K too. If you want to talk stock, buy a TVR Speed 12 and run 9s without any mods.<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WAY2FAST4YOU</i>
    <b>Emar 2 guy, i read a post of yours about the fiero, and you sounded pretty tough saying that you like to race your MR2, i live in san diego california, and im whilling to race your lil ***** ass mother#$%#ing car any day. i dont drive anything super fast, just an acura NSX with a few mods, intake, exhaust and headers. Ill race your car any time, any day any place, here are some pics of my car. my screen name on AOL isntant messanger is RuskiyPimp2000 contact me.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Are you a little kid or just a hateful adult. Why the hate? Why would you say "lil ***** ass mother#$%#ing car" in description of my MR2? Have I ever hurt you? "im whilling" you say? Go back to school and learn to write! My cars are all in continuous improvement. My yellow MR2 will run as low as 12.50s without nitrous by the end of the summer and the best I've ever seen an NSX with intake and exhaust work run was 12.7XX. "Ill race your car any time, any day any place"...Drive to Texas and and we'll find a drag strip for you.

"You think you know, BUT YOU HAVE NO IDEA."
    -Well, that last time I took an IQ test I was still a little messed up from the previous night's activities...133 was my score. My best ever was 147. Its possible you have more life experience than me but I'm betting based on the things you say and the way you act that you are 10-15 years old.

"Mess with the best, DIE LIKE THE REST."
    -Somewhat true, but still cocky and imature. What are you trying to prove? Are you compensating for a lacking in another area of your life?

"If you've #$%#ed with me, you're either dead or wish you were..."
    -Consider this my time to have "#$%#ed with" you. I'm still alive and enjoying my life. I guess this makes you a liar.<!-- Signature -->

5. there are many different reasions....but i feel the most important ones are burnouts, and break-stands!<!-- Signature -->

6. Yea camaro, mustang, firebird, corvette, viper and all of that is good most of them except the viper cost under 50,000 that will haul some even cost under 25,000 and you can get used ones for under 10,000 that will haul. Maybe if I was a millionair I would buy a ferrari or a McLauren F1. But most americans are not that is whey they by these cars.

7. I had not ever noticed the Lingenfelter 7.0TT but now I've done some research about it. It is claimed to be 802 bhp @ 4600 rpm with a street boost of 14 psi. The 9.2 second 1/4 mile time was set at 20 psi (1100 bhp @ 5300 rpm)using Mickey Thompson E.T. Street 26x11.5-16, also known as cheater slicks, wrinkle walls, etc... At street boost on street tires the car runs mid 11s and tops out at about 210.

Another thing I'd like to point out is the peak hp and peak lb-ft figures:
    802 bhp @ 4600 rpm
    866 lb-ft @ 3600 rpm

Lets look at the bhp. I'm sure many of us here know the relationship between bhp and lb-ft:

lb-ft = (bhp x 5252)/rpm

plug in the numbers from the 7.0TT

lb-ft = (802 bhp x 5252)/4600 rpm

lb-ft = (4212104 bhp)/4600 rpm

lb-ft = 915.67 @ 4600 rpm

So is the 866 lb-ft an under rating or is the 802 bhp an over rating?

I'm not saying this car isn't fast; its a vast improvement over the stock Vette. But if they post number like these that are so obviously fudged, what other numbers did they just make up?<!-- Signature -->

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EmmArTooGuy</i>
    <b>My yellow MR2 will run as low as 12.50s without nitrous by the end of the summer</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Mind if I ask what your doing...are you using a turbo? Is it a second generation, I love their look.

9. Its a MKI MR2 (1985) I'm dropping JDM 3S-GTE from a 199X MR2 GT-S, identical to the USA MR2 Turbo but with 225-266 bhp. They run 13.9-13.3 in the 1/4 mile stock so I figured with my weight of 2350 (with the new engine) I'll be in high 12s on the stock motor. I'll throw about $800-$1000 at it before it goes in the car.<!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EmmArTooGuy</i>
    <b>Its a MKI MR2 (1985) I'm dropping JDM 3S-GTE from a 199X MR2 GT-S, identical to the USA MR2 Turbo but with 225-266 bhp. They run 13.9-13.3 in the 1/4 mile stock so I figured with my weight of 2350 (with the new engine) I'll be in high 12s on the stock motor. I'll throw about $800-$1000 at it before it goes in the car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I'll agree with you that it will probably can run 12s, I'm just looking at the power/weight ratio...sounds like a plan!

11. Umm, the lingenfelter 427tt doesn't top out at 210 it tops out at over 240mph. <!-- Signature -->

12. i saw one of these baby's the other day at a car show...
    it was a coupe<!-- Signature -->

13. #188 selectmotors, Dec 5, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  14. If you we'rent to worry about the price, i could name one car that can stand up to the Zo6 and thats the Nissan R390

15. You know, your starting to spam, its been over the 4th time that you posted the same info about the lingenfelter, we got your point already

16. Re: I'm gonna buy one :D

they cant finish something that they never started to compete in

17. European cars are the best...
    Italy rules!!!

18. In making pizza......

19. Only at the 20 psi boost setting. The article this info came from even says the base boost is 14 psi but the max boost is 20. Why would they go to the trouble of putting drag tires on it and not turn the boost up? Or mmaybe they did and just don't want you to know.

20. Why do you people always think of Honda when ever somebody mentions Imports,ARe Honda the only Import car company out there?lol
    OH and you wanna talk about muscle,how about a 1200bhp SkYline
    or SUPRA,or is that a "rice burner" engine too?
    American cars look like shit,sound like shit ,run like shit,corner like shit and are shit!
    And what about Imports like Ferrari,Lamborghini,Mclaren etc. are your shitty ass mustangs and camaoros better then those too?lol
    So you see Imports just rule ,and american cars suck ass!

21. Viper is the WINNER in FIA GT (2000-2001-2002), against FERRARIS, LAMBOS (2001) and LISTER)

Saleen (Ford) is the 2002 WINNER in British GT (against FERRARI, BMW, PORSCHE, LOTUS, LISTER, TVR, MARCOS)

Saleens and Viper are WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS against Ferrari and Lambo.

McLaren is out from GT races for more than 6 years...(probably they don't like wins, don't like money... LOL !)

Vipers and Saleen are on the SAME level of the BEST imports.

Sorry, kid. DOMESTICs rules, too.

22. what are you saying?

I'm betting that cool cars for you are something in between Honda Civics and Mazda Protege's a la Fast and the Furious...! cmon man
    jap cars look all the same, they have such a mundane styling

not the case of the American cars, because you will nver mistake a Camaro for a Mustang, or a Charger for a Firebird or whatever, each car has its own looks, its own fans and characteristics...

I bet you to find a jap car that has real Heritage supporting it...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'll stick them up.
    -Quarashi-

ivanhoe!

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

hey all you people know camaro can take out "ANY" japanese car name a car that can keep up none bro!!!!

hey yo dude I'm sorry to tell you the car from the fast and the furious is a "Mazda RX-7" not a protege!!!!

long live camaros!!!!!!

23. #198 Isaias4u2, Jan 17, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Especially the V6 Camaro!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Top 5 Supercars:

1. McLaren F1
    2. Koenigsegg CC 8S
    3. Pagani Zonda C12 S
    4. Ferrari F40
    5. Lamborghini Diablo SV

My Top 5 Jr Supercars:

1. TVR Tuscan S
    2. Porsche 911 Turbo (996)
    3. Ferrari 360 Modena
    4. Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    5. Honda NSX

NOS is for sissies!
    Automatics are for girls!

Be informed of the R word, visit www.riceboypage.com

Group B rally cars rule!

Proud member of the TVR clan

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

HEY DUDE ARE YOU STUPID OR WHAT!!!!

JUST THINK ABOUT IT THIS WAY WITH THE AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU CAN PURCHASE A "McLaren F1" THAT ABOUT $500gs THINK WHAT I CAN DO TO A "CAMARO V8" YOUR SORRY ASS McLaren F1 would be eating my shit!!!!
    hey dude stop watching fast and the furios!!!! just think about it the 69 charger one of the fastest cars "all stock" no mods no noting that true beauty!!!

again people dreaming with a toy that to much!!!!! even they putt all of there's life salary together!!!!!!

camaros rule baby!!!!!

24. Are you telling me you couldn`t tell the difference between a Skyline, 350Z, Supra, RX-7, or WRX?

By they way...I wonder why the Z is THE best selling sports car in the U.S. right now......

25. AGREED!!!!!!! the import crowd can tune to death their Civic Si's, their S2000's, their NSX's, their Accord's, or whatever but NOTHING beats good ol American HP!!! the Germans may be good with engineering (i.e., the M3, the SL500, the M5 and such) but American Muscle Cars do not need NOS or Altezza lights or ground effects to go fast or look good...I do like imports as well, but nothing beats American Muscle!!

oh how I wish I still owned my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T 440..I could put that import tuner crowd to waste in that thing without NOS or a supercharger or whatever...just step on the gas and I'm gone!!! (although having a badass Shelby GT500 with NOS such as Eleanor wouldn't be bad either..)