Re: why the hell would someone put money into this car to make i

Discussion in '2002 Honda Civic Type-R' started by toolisgod, Aug 9, 2002.

1. why the hell would someone put money into this car to make it fa

<!-- Signature -->

2. hmm,
    thats funny. I dont know anyone that owns one in America, much less put money into one.

Didn't know Maynard was into cars these days...

I gotta brush my mullet! Im taking my sister out on a date. I just got a new stang!<!-- Signature -->

3. what i meant is honda civics in general. i dont see the logic in putting money into them(turbo's and fancy graphics and body kits)when you could invest that money in a better car like for example a camero ss. and maynerd and cars what the hwll are you talking about, you seem a bit confused, buddy.
    <!-- Signature -->

4. Its a matter of taste my friend.
    I can respect a Camaro SS, or Firebird. They do have power. True. Now, some people like to put kits on their Civics or what have you, mabye ugly wings and a big worthless Exhaust.. but its all looks. Some people, also like to take a I4 and push it to its max, spend time and experience and you can make an I4 keep up with a larger domestic muscle car. This is done by old fasion engine work. Adding a turbo is just that last extra bit of power that it needs. It wont have the torque, it doesn't need it, its lighter than other cars. . I personally like the handling of a Civic. They are overpriced, I agree. And some people make them look ugly as hell. But in the hands of an experienced tuner, the Civic does have solid potential. Some cars dont. Civic certainly does not look like it can move, but it can.
    As for the Maynard comment, he's the lead singer of TOOL.... <!-- Signature -->

5. how the hell could u not know somebody that has a hoinda in america they are crwling all over the place lol thats the gayest thing i have ever herd

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Z24_Cavalier</i>
    <b>how the hell could u not know somebody that has a hoinda in america they are crwling all over the place lol thats the gayest thing i have ever herd</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

American Civics, yes.. there are a million. But a 2002 Civic Type-R??..
    I wish they were crawling all over the place. That is what I was implying. The Type-R's are not available in the U.S..
    But yes, the others... well, are everywhere.

Sorry for the confusion.

<!-- Signature -->

7. I agree that people who can give an l4 300HP deserve some respect, but don't they see that they could be fixing up a Camaro with the Twin Turbo, and exhaust and all that. Then they would be looking at a real car.

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from YoMamma</i>
    <b>I agree that people who can give an l4 300HP deserve some respect, but don't they see that they could be fixing up a Camaro with the Twin Turbo, and exhaust and all that. Then they would be looking at a real car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

It all comes down to taste really. I had the choice of an American or an Import a couple years ago, and I went with an Import. Mostly because I had already owned and built up a few Domestics and really needed a change.
    But I understand what you are saying. I know a good amount of people who wouldn't waste a cent trying to modify a Honda, and would rather have an SS or Firebird..
    For me, I wanted a change.
    I spent money building up my Civic, knowing all along that it wouldn't stand a chance with a slightly modified SS or Formula. But I learned a lot about Jap. Motors. I have respect for what they can accomplish. Hopefully, in the future, these motors will be built to output much more power. I would like to see more V6 TT's, or V6 SC's That can output between 300-400hp range and still be economical on gas. Where is the new Supra Toyota???
    As long as our Legislature in America keep the pollution laws strong, the companies will not be able to release Import muscle here in the U.S., and domestic company's wont realease strong cars as well... Pollution laws are a good thing in general, however most of these laws were inacted only in the dirty name of political elevation.. <!-- Signature -->

9. I agree that it all comes down to your own taste in cars. Some people just like their cars to look good and don't really care about how fast it is. Thats why you see people putting on heavy bodykits and big wings on their cars. Other people are into speed, so they leave the body alone and soup up the engine. If someone wants to put 20grand into a civic to make it a 12sec car, who cares, it makes him happy. I prefer American cars, if you could'nt tell by my name, but I also like import cars. I just hate hearing one guy say, my civic runs 11sec quarter miles, with no mods, then hear somebody say his camaro ss will do 9 sec no mods, stop the lies!
    And bleak, I own a mustang, but I don't have a mullet, or do I date faimly members. Why do people dis the mustang so bad! Other than that, your comments seem right on.

10. its just a stereotype that we all make about car owners. american=mullet/inbreeding. japanese=body kits/neon lights (no real mods). theyre not true, for the most part, but they are in many cases, unfortunately<!-- Signature -->