Re: Would you rather have a mustang or gto?

Discussion in '2004 Pontiac GTO' started by SuprJames, Aug 10, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuprJames</i>
    <b>OK, I don't feel like quoting all the people that are idiots. I'm going to start with the person who said that the 4.6 Litre Mustang can easily be tuned. The car is already a DOHC car and now that they've strapped a supercharger to it they've mangaged to pull it up to 390 hp.......oh WOW big deal!!
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You know nothing about the 2003 Cobra. First it has a very underated 390 horsepower. Most owners are making around 370 horsepower at the wheels, which is 426 at the engine. Now there have been many owners that have had incredible gains with many small mods. Like a $200 Mafterburner tool which allows the owner to change the A/F ratio. With just that they have made 430 horsepower at the wheels. Swapping out the restrictive exhaust results in 400 rwhp from stock. Pullies, also very impressive gains. With pullies, exhaust, chip, and a tune they approach 500 rwhp. That’s with only $1500 in mods. The 03 Cobra is THE car to mod.

The heads and cams LS1 guys will not even touch a 03 Cobra with the above setup, and yet heads and cams cost much much more.

FYI the overhead cam design responds so much better to forced induction than the pushrod LS1s. The DOHC 4V 4.6 just has so much more potential (and interest) its a shame that people like you are so misinformed.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuprJames</i>
    <b>The LS1 has way more potential than any Ford engine out there. It's versatility has been proven time and time again. This car is sweet and I'm sue we'll be seeing a police package also.

Hey buddy. Than explain why there are no 8 second LS1s. While there are hundreds of 4.6s that are even faster. Seems like the 4.6 got you beat.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

LOL, why would SVT underrate their hp?? It makes absolutely no sense. I hate people that start yelling, "the factory understated the hp." Maybe 20 years ago when insurance companies thought that having more hp meant that you'd get in more wrecks, and car companies were sensitive to that. It's not like that anymore. Companies squeeze every bit of power they can for those figures bc they're important!! Almost all companies today round their hp up to the nearest multiple of 10. Your 8 sec. 4.6 litre engines have nothing to do with the LS1 because they're not just tuned engines. They're engines with new everything built to Ford specifications so they can race in some class. I'm sure there are more small block Chevys (350s, 383s, 420s) in drag racing than Ford 4.6's. I know that it's a hell of alot easier to get hp out of an LS1 engine than it is out of a Mustang 4.6 litre engine. It's easier to work on, cheaper, and there are so many more parts out there for it. As for the 03' Cobra being "the car to mod", remember that it's ALREADY modded!! It's already got a supercharger strapped to it. It's already got all the performance parts SVT could strap on it cost efficiently. On top of that YOU don't know anything about the 03' Cobra SVT because YOU'VE never seen one!! I guarantee it would be more cost effective to just buy a base Cobra (or Mustang) and put your own mods into it to get it to 600 hp. or whatever you want. Anyway, the LS1 represents some of the best technology out there and the Cobra SVT has nothing on it. The fuel injection systems DO respond great to forced induction having seen it (it being both superchargers and turbochargers) done on numberous Corvettes and a few Trans Ams. I've also seen a $5,000 supercharger on a Mustang Cobra and all it netted the guy was a burned up clutch and around 400 hp.

2. lol. this will not be close to the svt's perfromance. no way, no how<!-- Signature -->

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuprJames</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuprJames</i>
    <b>OK, I don't feel like quoting all the people that are idiots. I'm going to start with the person who said that the 4.6 Litre Mustang can easily be tuned. The car is already a DOHC car and now that they've strapped a supercharger to it they've mangaged to pull it up to 390 hp.......oh WOW big deal!!

You know nothing about the 2003 Cobra. First it has a very underated 390 horsepower. Most owners are making around 370 horsepower at the wheels, which is 426 at the engine. Now there have been many owners that have had incredible gains with many small mods. Like a $200 Mafterburner tool which allows the owner to change the A/F ratio. With just that they have made 430 horsepower at the wheels. Swapping out the restrictive exhaust results in 400 rwhp from stock. Pullies, also very impressive gains. With pullies, exhaust, chip, and a tune they approach 500 rwhp. That’s with only $1500 in mods. The 03 Cobra is THE car to mod.

The heads and cams LS1 guys will not even touch a 03 Cobra with the above setup, and yet heads and cams cost much much more.

FYI the overhead cam design responds so much better to forced induction than the pushrod LS1s. The DOHC 4V 4.6 just has so much more potential (and interest) its a shame that people like you are so misinformed.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuprJames</i>
    <b>The LS1 has way more potential than any Ford engine out there. It's versatility has been proven time and time again. This car is sweet and I'm sue we'll be seeing a police package also.

Hey buddy. Than explain why there are no 8 second LS1s. While there are hundreds of 4.6s that are even faster. Seems like the 4.6 got you beat.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

LOL, why would SVT underrate their hp?? It makes absolutely no sense. I hate people that start yelling, "the factory understated the hp." Maybe 20 years ago when insurance companies thought that having more hp meant that you'd get in more wrecks, and car companies were sensitive to that. It's not like that anymore. Companies squeeze every bit of power they can for those figures bc they're important!! Almost all companies today round their hp up to the nearest multiple of 10. Your 8 sec. 4.6 litre engines have nothing to do with the LS1 because they're not just tuned engines. They're engines with new everything built to Ford specifications so they can race in some class. I'm sure there are more small block Chevys (350s, 383s, 420s) in drag racing than Ford 4.6's. I know that it's a hell of alot easier to get hp out of an LS1 engine than it is out of a Mustang 4.6 litre engine. It's easier to work on, cheaper, and there are so many more parts out there for it. As for the 03' Cobra being "the car to mod", remember that it's ALREADY modded!! It's already got a supercharger strapped to it. It's already got all the performance parts SVT could strap on it cost efficiently. On top of that YOU don't know anything about the 03' Cobra SVT because YOU'VE never seen one!! I guarantee it would be more cost effective to just buy a base Cobra (or Mustang) and put your own mods into it to get it to 600 hp. or whatever you want. Anyway, the LS1 represents some of the best technology out there and the Cobra SVT has nothing on it. The fuel injection systems DO respond great to forced induction having seen it (it being both superchargers and turbochargers) done on numberous Corvettes and a few Trans Ams. I've also seen a $5,000 supercharger on a Mustang Cobra and all it netted the guy was a burned up clutch and around 400 hp.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I started writing out a reply but it is just too easy. Your knowledge of cars and engines and the automotive industry is so piss poor its funny. It would take a week to reply in full to all the stupidity in that one comment.<!-- Signature -->

4. It's like, In response to your comment I write out a long explanation of why you're wrong. Then your response is everything that's in the first dumb comment.<!-- Signature -->

5. Being someone living in Australia and having seen the actual cars and seen the comparo the monaro (GTO) is awesome on the road. It has clean lines and really good stance. Compared with the mustang which just looks like a car designed by a school kid that havent reached puberty. It also has better handling than the mustang better built quality and very similar performance. for all you guys comparing the GTO with the Cobra is stupid. From what i know the cobra is an upgraded version of the Mustang isnt it? correct me if im wrong. Comparing a modified version of a model with a standard new model in another range is stupid.
    The photos of the GTO and monaro doesnt do the cars justice. The Holden Monaro have awesome road presence so you guys should be surprised how good Australian design is when you get the cars over there!
    Enjoy Mate!

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuprJames</i>
    <b>OK, I don't feel like quoting all the people that are idiots. I'm going to start with the person who said that the 4.6 Litre Mustang can easily be tuned. The car is already a DOHC car and now that they've strapped a supercharger to it they've mangaged to pull it up to 390 hp.......oh WOW big deal!! Why do you think there are so many CHEVY small blocks in drag cars?? The Mustang engine does sound better and it's not just the exhaust. I dont' know what it is...perhaps the crappy fuel injection system they have, but they sound better. This car isn't going to run 11's. MAYBE 12's but more than likely high 13's. It will beat regular Mustangs but not the SVT's obviously. The SVT does not compare to the Z06, so whoever tried it earlier needs to realize that it's a Mustang. The 04' Corvette is supposed to have vast hp gains (in the realm of 450 hp and the same torque) so this car, which also comes out in 04', won't be competing in sales. The LS1 has way more potential than any Ford engine out there. It's versatility has been proven time and time again. This car is sweet and I'm sue we'll be seeing a police package also.

Oh, dude, you're a funny one. Let's see:

"The SVT Cobra 32V is not easy to tune."

Check this month's issue of 5.0 magazine. Stock: 360 hp at the wheels. With the addition of a cold air intake system, an X-pipe, and a cat-back exhaust (about $1000 in parts), it made 400 hp at the wheels. Figuring 20% efficiency loss from the flywheel, that's 480 hp. The only recent domestic engine easier to tune or more responsive to tuning than the 32V modular is the Ford 302. Due to the ability of the DOHC valvetrain to efficiently utilize increased amounts of air, any intake or exhaust modification to that engine nets great power.

"They finally bolted on a supercharger but did not get much gain."

I'll give you a hint, turbo. Aftermarket supercharged cars are not that reliable. Why? Most people run the same compression ratio with vastly increased amounts of air and fuel in the combustion chambers. That's a recipie for sending con-rods right out the bottom of your block. In order to have a high performance supercharged car that could still carry a factory warrantee, SVT reduced the compression ratio and turned the boost up to a WHOPPING 6psi. That's why the power gains are merely impressive, not astronomical.

In a later post, you asked why SVT would underrate the 2003 Cobra. Simple.

2001 Cobra R: $58,000, 385 HP, 12.9 second 1/2 mile.
    2003 Cobra: $35,000, over 400 HP, 12.7 second 1/2 mile.

If you were an SVT Customer who paid sixty thousand for a Cobra R, wouldn't you be a bit pissed? Ford is just trying not to rub it in the face of its previous customers.

Would you like to continue letting your ass talk for you?

7. I like the Gto better, considering the looks and everything else...actually I think the Gto will still outrun hordes of cars without the toughest engine around... I hope the spirit will go on...

Peace.

8. boy, you must be crazy!<!-- Signature -->