Re: Wow lots of power but no decent suspension to handle it.

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by hennesseyms, Aug 9, 2002.

1. At least I'm not sounding dumbest. That would be your job.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jcazz</i>
    <b>6 were made. But they are road legal. 2 are in the LA area, 1 in the UK, 3 are still in Italy.
    I don't have inventory, it isn't necessary. You place an order,put down a deposit, sign some forms, and I'll put almost any car in Europe in your driveway (assuming you have one) in two weeks. And you'll spend less. Don't believe me? Couldn't care less. Fact is my knowledge far exceeds yours in this field. And I don't need to prove shit to you.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Ah, the biting remark "I don't need to prove shit to you." This almost always comes up when people can't prove their point. How convenient, no? You don't need to prove shit, because you can't.

6 F50GT's, huh? Last time I checked, 6 was still less than 100 GTS-R's produced and CURRENTLY produced ACR's.
    And isn't the real number closer to 3? Being an importer, I thought you would know this. You may very well be an importer, but it certainly isn't cars.

2. What a weak come back (dumbest). What grade are you in? Want proof place an order. No joke. Other than that what can I do to show you. But then you don't sound like a likely candidate for a sale so I'm not too concerned.

And actually the number might be 7 because there are rumours of one F50 GT that was built and is still un-owned in Modena.

3. OK, suppose I place an order. What state are you in? Are you an RI?

How about this: ask this question in the F50GT forum:
    "How many F50GT's were made?"

I dare you.

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>the Viper has very big tires , very helpful for the slalom.
    But 30L/100kmh for fuel cosumption...When you don't push the car hard.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    LiquidChild, why don't you mention to deuginthesky how stupid it is to bring up FUEL CONSUMPTION when it comes to supercar comparisons?

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LiquidChild</i>
    <b>Guibo: " Viper this, Viper That, Viper does this, Viper #$%#s my mum, Viper Fucks my dad.", shut up saying how good your fecking Viper is, What Badge would you rather have on your "hood", Dodge or Exotic European Supercar maker with some proper history?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Ferrari 308 vs. a Viper? I think I know your answer to that.
    BMW Isetta vs. a Viper? Ditto.

Ferrari badge dangling from a gold chain around your neck, or a Dodge Viper to actually own and drive?

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Guibo</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    But 30L/100kmh for fuel cosumption...When you don't push the car hard.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    LiquidChild, why don't you mention to deuginthesky how stupid it is to bring up FUEL CONSUMPTION when it comes to supercar comparisons?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Why don't you kiss my ass.<!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Guibo</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    LiquidChild, why don't you mention to deuginthesky how stupid it is to bring up FUEL CONSUMPTION when it comes to supercar comparisons?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

It's so exciting to fuel a car every 200kms !
    Especially when a liter of 98 octane fuel costs 1$.

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Guibo</i>
    Big tires help in the slalom? Prove it. Why does the Mini Cooper do so well in the slalom, on ALL-SEASON tires even.

I thought lower weight, a narrower car, and mid-engiine layout was more conducive to excellent slalom speeds. The F355 has all of that.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Which Mini ?

The original or the one from BMW ?

The mini from BMW (1.6L)has 175/65 R15 tires.
    The Cooper has 195/55 R 16 , or 205/45 R 17 tires (in option)
    Are these small tires compared to the length and width of the car ?
    And the tires are on each part of the chassis , at its 4 ends.

Now , do you know physics ?

Most in contact the tire is with the road , more it holds the car.
    More the car is holded , faster it can go threw corners.

Why do you think the F1 have big tires ?
    Big tires limit the top speed , but help acceleration and holding/handling.

9. You can blame it all you want on the tires. The fact is, the Viper comes equipped with them. Its suspension is designed with those tire sizes in mind. So what if your other supercars don't come equipped with them? Tough! Doesn't the NSX Zanardi have narrower tires than a 550 Maranello? Why is it faster through the slalom?

Yes, that's the new BMW Mini.

10. I've written that the size of the tires is helpful , not that the Viper only relies on its tires.

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LiquidChild</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Guibo</i>

Why don't you kiss my ass.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

LMAO! Just another example when LiquidChild was made a total fool out of by Guibo. I love this. Whats that, like 2390487320 times now Child?<!-- Signature -->

12. #62 Guibo, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LiquidChild</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Guibo</i>

Why don't you kiss my ass.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    The way you kissed Silver Surfer's ass in this thread?:

http://www.supercars.net/cMsg?viewThread=true&bottom=120&year=1999&make=Ferrari%20Koenig&model=F50&fn=5

You got a little something brown there around your lips.

13. Open top RT/10 roadster vs. hard top 355 is not a fair comparison? No offence but I’m starting to lose respect. The RT/10 has a hard top and the 355 has the GTS and Spider versions. And I’m aware the 550 has never had the best slalom times but the 575 is supposed to be better then the 550 in every way so that is bound to change. Besides the F50 is the top of the line Ferrari if you really want to go head to head on stock cars. And if you want to bring special edition Vipers into the comparisons then I’ll have top bring up cars like the F50GT (a road legal car). Come on. You’re being silly.

Liquid child had a point. People with class, taste, and a lust for power will buy the Ferrari. A cheap American (or someone who doesn’t have the required budget) will settle for an Viper. I was at the Auto Show in Detroit, the Vipers were getting little attention compared to the Ferraris.

I still don’t know what the hell your point is with this 600 GTS shit. You go from the 800TT to the 600 GTS, and you’re all over the place. So what? It’s a good car? That’s funny but I don’t recall trashing it (or bringing it up for that matter).

You (Guibo) are constantly trying to prove that Vipers are the ultimate car on Earth. Very few people would agree with you. Fact is you are posting test results that occurred in the States and were documented by American magazines. They are biased, everyone knows that. Why do so few American cars get tested in Europe? Partially because no one there wants them. But also because different numbers may ruin the credibility of so many that it simply isn’t worth the risk. Funny how Ferrari sends their cars all over Europe, Japan, and the U.S. So do many other European car manufacturers. But when Chevrolet/Calloway was asked to send their Sledgehammer to be tested in Germany and Italy it failed to appear. As did many other cars (ie. Vector). Dodge to this point has also neglected to prove itself on a world level.

You like challenges, here’s one. Find me test results for the Viper that occurred in Europe and were published by a European magazine that prove that these cars are capable of what you claim they are without cheat tires...and I’ll shut up.

14. Jcazz I couldn’t have said it better myself. Fact is most US cars don’t get tested in Europe, the S7 for example. Or maybe they do and the American magazines don’t post it I don’t know but you are right, there are never results for these cars from tests that took place outside the States.

I also noticed that Guibo is not mentioning the test result he had earlier that documented the 800TTs record run “without slicks” since I showed him that the article clearly indicated that slicks were used.

I think I said it 20 times now. I like this car, but don’t believe everything you read.
    <!-- Signature -->

15. #65 Guibo, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jcazz</i>
    <b>Open top RT/10 roadster vs. hard top 355 is not a fair comparison? No offence but I’m starting to lose respect. The RT/10 has a hard top and the 355 has the GTS and Spider versions.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Why not compare a GTS hardtop Viper against the F355 coupe/berlinetta ? Anything wrong with that?

<b> And if you want to bring special edition Vipers into the comparisons then I’ll have top bring up cars like the F50GT (a road legal car).
    And how many of those were produced? There were 100 GTS-R's built. And ACR's and ACR Pluses are still in production. And fully street legal and smog legal. Can you say the same for the F50GT?

<b> Liquid child had a point. People with class, taste, and a lust for power will buy the Ferrari. A cheap American (or someone who doesn’t have the required budget) will settle for an Viper.
    Yes, I admit the existence of Eurosnobs. What else is new? What would you rather have, a Ferrari badge dangling from a gold chain around your neck or a real, whole car (a Viper) to drive? And no, this (like all my other questions) is NOT rhetorical.

<b>Fact is you are posting test results that occurred in the States and were documented by American magazines. They are biased, everyone knows that.
    Everyone? How is the 360 Modena getting to 60 in 3.92 seconds by MT biased? Have you seen that kind of result anywhere else? How is the NSX Zanardi beating the Viper GTS through the slalom biased? How is it that MT found Ford was less than honest about its hp output claim for the old Mustang Cobra? (Hint: DYNO tested.) Is that bias? The American mags have tested the 996 GT2 to very similar times the German magazine Auto Motor und Sport. Here's something for you to consider. The results from the test of the new Mini Cooper. Autocar (UK publication) got 0-60 in 9.3 seconds. R&T got 8.5. Standing 1/4 mile? Autocar got 17.4 @ 77 mph. R&T got 16.6 @ 83.5. Biased? I don' think so. And the examples can go on and on.

<b> But when Chevrolet/Calloway was asked to send their Sledgehammer to be tested in Germany and Italy it failed to appear. As did many other cars (ie. Vector).
    When was this request made? By whom? I seriously doubt there is an audience in Europe for these rather exorbitantly priced American exotics. Certainly not enough to justify a magazine or whomever requesting that these cars be tested.
    Seen any requests by Americans to test the Weinack Cobra?

<b> Find me test results for the Viper that occurred in Europe and were published by a European magazine that prove that these cars are capable of what you claim they are without cheat tires...and I’ll shut up.
    (I doubt you'll shut up no matter what I show, but here goes.) Are we talking about stock cars or modified? This should point you in the right direction, for stock cars (as far as I know, only a handful of Venom 500's have been imported into Europe, and none have been performance tested):
    http://www.nurburgring.de/?rubrik=rekorde&lang=eng

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>Jcazz I couldn’t have said it better myself. Fact is most US cars don’t get tested in Europe, the S7 for example. Or maybe they do and the American magazines don’t post it I don’t know but you are right, there are never results for these cars from tests that took place outside the States.

I also noticed that Guibo is not mentioning the test result he had earlier that documented the 800TTs record run “without slicks” since I showed him that the article clearly indicated that slicks were used.

I think I said it 20 times now. I like this car, but don’t believe everything you read.
    Funny you should mention the S7. It just won the opening round of the British GT racing series. The same series in which Ferraris, Lister Storms, and TVR Speed 12's run.

Back to the point, the 800TT's record run was not on pure slicks. They are DOT-approved and street legal. They are not completely slick, but still have the minimum of tread required by federal law. I never said the 800TT's record run was done on stock Michelin tires. With these tires, the car did 0-60 in 3.21 seconds, the quarter mile in 10.7, and the standing mile in 28.23 seconds (on a rain-slicked road).

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jcazz</i>
    <b>I still don’t know what the hell your point is with this 600 GTS shit. You go from the 800TT to the 600 GTS, and you’re all over the place. So what? It’s a good car? That’s funny but I don’t recall trashing it (or bringing it up for that matter).

You (Guibo) are constantly trying to prove that Vipers are the ultimate car on Earth. Very few people would agree with you.
    And I'll tell you what I've told others: I don't give a flying fvck who agrees with me. You can discuss the merits of a car with me or not. Your choice. I'm not here to hold your hand.

What is it about the 600 GTS? You still don't get it? God, you are dense. Here's the point:
    The claim was made that the handling numbers were done on semi-drag slicks.
    Here's why I have to disagree:
    1) The 600 GTS wears the stock Michelin tires.
    2) It was tested on its STREET suspension setting (remember those fully adjustable Penske coil-overs?)
    3) With this setting, runs the slalom at a consistent 73.5 mph. Only .1 mph slower than the stock Viper's best run. And it pulls 1.03g on the skidpad, which is .02g better than the stock Viper's best.
    4) Hennessey also offers the 650R, which is designed for roadracing and not strictly dragracing. It comes with Hoosier S03's. Why the change in tires? Because Mickey Thompson ET's are fine for the straights, but don't offer the control of a proper tire set up for roadracing or autocrossing. Oh, yeah. It comes with adustable Penske's, too.
    5) The 800TT comes with adjustable Penske's matched to Eibach springs.
    6) The increase in performance over stock is easily attributable to these adjustable coilovers, properly set up for a slalom and skidpad course. In their STREET setting, they're already offering more control in the slalom and .02g's more lateral grip WITHOUT CHANGE OF TIRES.

And when have I made the statement that the Viper is the ultimate car on earth? Please, point it out. Show where I have started a thread stating "This car kicks the shit out of Car X" or "What car is BETTER than this?"
    If you've read these forums CAREFULLY, you'll see I've pointed a few cars that have already been shown to be quicker than this one.

18. JCAZZ
    Don’t bullshit me (again) you are constantly defending Vipers. But you did at least admit that the tests were run on non-stock tires. If I called the semi slicks would you get mad?

The 600GTS is very good but you forgot one thing IT ISN’T A STOCK VIPER!

The S7 won a race, should I be impressed. Ferrari is winning the F1 championship again but have I mentioned that. No. It’s irrelevant.

The website you posted was interesting but proved nothing.

Those requests are constant. Car collectors and enthusiasts do live in Europe too you know? The sledgehammer especially was invited to compete against the 959, and F40 but didn’t show.

And then you mentioned times when MT and R&T posted accurate results. Why are you splitting hairs? Shit even a broken clock is right twice a day. Or did do you think that every result is full of shit. You can’t deny the obvious incentive in these tests though.

And did you think that it was the status of the “top” be it hard or soft of the 355 was what made it incomparable to the GTS. The 355 is the little Ferrari the big ones were the 550 and F50, since the RT10 is the smaller Viper it should rightfully get compared to the smaller Ferrari.

And we weren’t comparing production numbers. Both were special editions and both were road legal. (F50 GT, and GTS-R). That’s why I mentioned the 2.

Look around there are plenty of Euro cars in the same price range as Vipers. And why are they snobs? For liking a car? That’s stupid. I’d take a Ferrari over a Viper any day. But that is a matter of opinion. Respect that.

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jcazz</i>
    <b>JCAZZ
    Don’t bullshit me (again) you are constantly defending Vipers. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Because people are constantly attacking Vipers. Don't tell me you wouldn't do the same for your beloved Ferrari. Or whatever. Want to place a bet? Here it is: If no one slags the Viper on purely stupid grounds (like "Oh, a Ferrari F355 will waste it around a twisty track!"), then you will see me disappear from here. Until then, tough. Deal with it.

<b> The S7 won a race, should I be impressed. Ferrari is winning the F1 championship again but have I mentioned that. No. It’s irrelevant. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Hey, I didn't bring up the issue of the S7. Ferrari is winning a EUROPEAN championship. And has been there for how long? Whoopdefvckingdo.

<b> And then you mentioned times when MT and R&T posted accurate results. Why are you splitting hairs? Shit even a broken clock is right twice a day. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Oh, did you want more examples. Just say the word.

<b> Or did do you think that every result is full of shit. You can’t deny the obvious incentive in these tests though. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    If true, then you can't deny the obvious incentive to the other side of the coin as well.

<b> But you did at least admit that the tests were run on non-stock tires. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Show me where I have DENIED that. I've stated from the beginning that 2 types of tires were used, one being the stock ones.

<b> And did you think that it was the status of the “top” be it hard or soft of the 355 was what made it incomparable to the GTS. The 355 is the little Ferrari the big ones were the 550 and F50, since the RT10 is the smaller Viper it should rightfully get compared to the smaller Ferrari.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Smaller? How is the RT/10 SMALLER than the GTS?

<b> >Look around there are plenty of Euro cars in the same price range as Vipers. And why are they snobs? For liking a car? That’s stupid. I’d take a Ferrari over a Viper any day. But that is a matter of opinion. Respect that.

What European cars are in the same price range as the Viper? Name them, and we can compare them? Merely liking a European car does not make one a snob. But saying that you'd rather have anything with a Ferrari badge on the hood over anything with a Dodge badge smacks of snobbishness. There's no two ways about it. That is quite simply shopping by badges. Here's my question to YOU again (and please do not fail to answer it): Would you prefer to have a Ferrari badge dangling from a gold chain around your neck, or would you prefer to have a real Dodge Viper to own and drive. Your reluctance to answer indicates your preference for the former.
    "Matter of opinion"? EXACTLY. That's what it boils down to. I've said this many times before, and I'll say it again: You can argue about which car is "better" all year long and never come up with the answer. Prefering a Viper over a Ferrari F355 is no more wrong a preference than picking the Ferrari. But the issue here is: which car is faster? So far, it's been shown that the Viper is faster. Respect THAT.

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jcazz</i>
    <b>The 600GTS is very good but you forgot one thing IT ISN’T A STOCK VIPER!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    You forgot another thing: I NEVER SAID IT WAS A STOCK VIPER! LOL.

21. - Sorry but I don’t think stating the obvious is attacking anything. Maybe if posts like “Vipers vs. the World” weren’t on here others wouldn’t look to prove themselves and obviously offend you (relax man it’s not like you designed it).

- Please indicate how the F1 circuit is European because I will be watching it this summer in Montreal and I’m sure races take place over the rest of the world as well with cars from all over the world too.

- Hey maybe Euro mags have the incentive to also exaggerate but we don’t know for sure since few cars make it there for testing purposes.

- You did claim that the test results were stock. The article showed they weren’t.

- RT10 isn’t smaller physically or in engine size. It is “smaller” so to speak, in terms of performance.

- The F50 GT is faster than this too. So respect THAT.

- Want to talk money. Fine, I hate it. But fine. I priced out what it would take to get a 1994 Dodge Viper RT/10 to where I live (not USA, and not Europe). So I am on neutral ground (actually physically I’m closer to the States). I also took into consideration necessary taxes. I also chose cars with relatively similar mileage.
    - 94 Dodge Viper RT/10 $62,200 USD
    - 95 Ferrari 355 Berlinetta $64,500 USD
    - 91 Ferrari 348 TS $37,100 USD
    -84 Ferrari 512 BBi $48,500 USD
    -95 Ferrari 456 GTM $74,200 USD
    -93 Ferrari 512 TR $59,300 USD
    -90 Ferrari Testarossa $41,400 USD
    -92 Lamborghini Diablo $59,300 USD
    -84 Lamborghini Countach 5000S $54,000 USD
    -96 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo $57,500 USD
    -96 Porsche 911 993 RS Touring $53,000 USD (a lot of miles)
    -97 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 $42,500 USD
    -02 Porsche 996 Targa $68,300 USD (NEW)
    -00 Porsche 996 Carrera $62,800 USD
    -99 Porsche Carrera 2 Tiptronic $66,400 USD

I know there are cheaper Vipers but I used that one because I needed similar mileage + all necessary expenses are accounted for in those prices (taxes, importing, compliance conversions, etc.)
    Care to compare? No problem. We can’t really use any handling tests here (which benefit’s the Viper) but at least acceleration and speed can be taken into consideration.

0-60 Top Speed (mph)
    94 Dodge Viper RT/10 4.6 170
    95 Ferrari 355 Berlinetta 4.8 183
    91 Ferrari 348 TS 5.8 170
    85 Ferrari 512 BBi 5.5 188
    95 Ferrari 456M 5.2 186
    93 Ferrari 512 TR 4.8 195
    90 Ferrari Testarossa 5.3 180
    92 Lamborghini Diablo 4.5 202
    84 Lamborghini Countach 5000S 5.6 187
    96 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo 3.9 180
    96 Porsche 911 993 RS Turbo 4.6 206
    97 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 4.6 174
    02 Porsche 996 Targa 5.1 177
    00 Porsche 996 Carrera 5.0 179
    99 Porsche Carrera 2 Tiptronic 5.1 176

I know the 0-60s are all relatively similar (the Viper being even better than many). But the top speeds all out do the Viper. And I know you won’t like this, but if you were to consider handling, the RT/10 would get outperformed by nearly all these cars.

And I know you never called the 600GTS a stock Viper but you are expecting us to compare it to stock Euros. If you bring up tuned Vipers expect to hear about non stock Euros. It’s only fair.

22. I said, "Are you an RI?" Not "Are you in RI." If you were, you'd know the difference. And Rhode Island wouldn't even be in this discussion. Answer quick.

23. LOL, "how presumptious are you Americans?" How presumptious are you to presume I said you were an American? You already stated that you were not, no?

24. And yes, I'm still waiting on that source for your F355 top speed.

25. Goodness, a flurry of responses followed by 10 minutes of silence. Looking up the info, eh?