Re: You Guys Are Lying!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1937 Mercedes-Benz W125' started by G20, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Lego wheels? Why do i doubt that??

2. You Guys Are Lying!!!!!!!!

this car sucks!!! I mean, think about it, a 1937 old car with thin lego wheels, that has 646 hp and is 200 mph!
    thats so fake! they invented the first cars with engines in 1937!
    now there lying about some stupid,ugly,piece of junk car,with 646 hp!!

3. hey, #$%# you man. this car is beautiful, and better then anything youll ever come close to.

dont juge things you dont know the least thing about.

4. It's amazing how stupid some people are. Not only that, they sound like their proud of it!<!-- Signature -->

5. stats are true. this car was to go against the Auto Union Type C. the Type C beat it n e ways on the track. the Supercharged V8 believe it or not was ver 9 litres. back then, they believed that a bigger engine will give off immense horsepower. <!-- Signature -->

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FAREL 40</i>
    <b>stats are true. this car was to go against the Auto Union Type C. the Type C beat it n e ways on the track. the Supercharged V8 believe it or not was ver 9 litres. back then, they believed that a bigger engine will give off immense horsepower. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

They do give off immense horse power back then. The car at the time are weight limited, you have a maximum dry weight that your car can't exceed. So the Germans just built the lightest chassis possible with the most powerful engine they can stick in.<!-- Signature -->

7. It is amazing. Auto Union built a car with almost 1000 hp that took Rosemeyer up to 300+ mph on the autobahn...before it killed him. What's even greater is this car I saw Speedvision. It had an V-18 from a zepplin in it with almost 2000 hp. Anyone see it. It was on Hemmings Motor News.

8. So wait...Cars built before 1932 were powered by, I don't know, happy thoughts? And first you said that engines weren't put in cars until 1937. Now you say 1932. Could you be wrong??? I think so...<!-- Signature -->

9. This car is truely unique, and what else could anyone expect from a mercedes race car that has a giant supercharged 8 cyl. This car was probably evolutionary setting the standards in the grand prix world. How could one say this is a piece of junk? What person wouldnt want to hear that giant rum of the obvious aircraft engine thats under the hood of this mythical machine. I would love to see this car doing laps or on a road course comming out of a light morning mist, it would be a sight that the racing world has not seen in a long time. This car is a wonderful example of how far cars have come along thorugh history. It is a beautiful piece of history that should not be forgotten in some garage, rather driven a few sunny sundays ounce and a while.
    -Cruise <!-- Signature -->

10. i dont know who to belive?

11. This car is the real deal, you stupid retard ferrariman92. The Thrust land-speed record cars have wheels thinner than these. Sure, this thing would be hard to handle, but this is how they made F1 cars in the 30s.

12. Ferrariman staked a few claims, and I'll dispel them here:
    The first motor car, with a gasoline internal combustion engine was built in 1896 by Carl Benz. By 1898 the electric car had hit the market, by 1908, it had essentially the same mileage as the GM EV1. In 1900, steam cars came into popularity, lasting all the way up to 1935. The German racecars of the 1930's, such as the W125 were designed by Germany's best (including Ferdinan Porsche who designed, um Ferraris, no Porsches!). If you're wondering when cars like this did over 200 mph, check out the straights at the likes of Nurenbergring and there is your answer. If you want a date, Januray 25, 1938, Rudolf Craciola in his Mercedes W125 streamliner and Brend Rosemeyer squared it off in the Autobahn Speed Week. Rudolf's best run was at 256 mph for the measured kilometer. Not to be outdone, Rosemeyer went at it, going over 270 mph before losing control (he was ejected from the car, surviving the crash intially, but dying the next day). Also, since you seem to like Ferrari's, look for a picture of a late 1920's or early 1930's Alfa Romeo P2 or P3. You'll notice on the hood a Scuderia Ferrari badge identical to the ones on Ferrari's today. Enzo Ferrari himself first got his start racing car, in 1928.

13. Look I've seen one of these and sat in a later W154 at Donnington Park. With gearing suitable for the Tripoli Gp or AVUS these cars cold do 200 mph. Problem is though that a there was Th Auto Union C-Type which was better. And I've seen one of those aswell<!-- Signature -->

14. ferrariman92, u really r king of the dipsh*ts arent u?...the fact that u said the 1st car with an engine was built in 1937 means that anything u say is completely irrelevant, there should b some sort of screening process 2 prevent morons like u from posting on here

show some respect for this brilliant website by NOT claiming that they make up cars, what the hell would b the point of that??

ive SEEN this car, ive seen its engine, u bolt on a huge supercharger to a 5.7-litre 8cyl motor running on what is basically rocket fuel, and what happens?....u get 646hp no problem

it did 200+ mph at the AVUS track in berlin, and similar cars were tested on a piece of unopened autobahn at over 258mph, setting many land speed records in the mid 1930s, all funded by a certain Mr.Hitler who wanted the world 2 knw that germans made the best cars, during the so called 'record week' cars from mercedes and auto union brought cars along and set records for standing and flying distances, aswell as top speed, Bernd Rosemeyer (as in Audi project rosemeyer concept car 2001) was killed when his car was blown off course by a strong sidewind, and the record attempts were stopped

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Oliver Peck</i>
    <b>It's amazing how stupid some people are. Not only that, they sound like their proud of it!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->hahaah!!!!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

16. why can't a v8 be a 4 speed? it has been done. it still is being done. wtf man, were you dropped repeatedly when you were a kid? eat paint chips? live to close to power lines? or just born special?

17. #17 426hemi, Jul 17, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  18. Many cars have V8's and 4-speed trannys, dummy (For instance, just about every musclecar with a standard tranny). This car probably never reached 200mph in Grand-Prix spec. Tjhere's no way anyone can know that it went 193 mph at Spa-Francorchamps. The longest straight in old-time Spa was the downhill stretch from Malmedy to Masta. This was not long enough to set up an effective speed trap, and there were obviously no radar guns back then. The car's real top speed was likely 175-180 mph, which is still impressive.

19. Hahahaha I bet you were a n00b when you posted this! Hilarious!

20. Hahahaha I bet you were a n00b when you posted this! Hilarious!

21. Hahahaha I bet you were a n00b when you posted this! Hilarious!

22. Hahahaha I bet you were a n00b when you posted this! Hilarious!

23. Hahahaha I bet you were a n00b when you posted this! Hilarious!

24. Hahahaha I bet you were a n00b when you posted this! Hilarious!

25. Hahahaha I bet you were a n00b when you posted this! Hilarious!