Re: Z06 vs Cobra R

Discussion in '2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R' started by stangman, Aug 9, 2002.

1. actually they were about equal, and i believe the cobra handled better

2. actually i do beleive the 00r is quicker than the 00 Z06

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BigJoeT</i>
    <b>No he doesnt have a link because the Zo6 Did not come out till 2001. And the Cobra R does not have a back seat.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Go to WWWW.MOTORTREND.COM and search for SVT Cobra R. It will give a list of two pages, select article 13 and read on.
    I may of gotten the years of the corvette off. But the performance stats are there.

4. #4 Cobra Man, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BigJoeT</i>
    <b>Once again ford comes out with a "Super Car" and once again theres always a chevy car to blow it away (Zo6). If you guys dont beleive me goto www.zo6vette.com and look under media then click on Motor Trend comparison Zo6/cobra R/Viper. You will see the Zo6 Out performs them all exept the viper in the 1/4 mile by like a thousanth of a second.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->And you will also that the Cobra R beat it in 0-60, track lap, Dyno test, and throw the cones. P.S The Z06 posted 385 and had 344hp at the rear wheels & the Cobra R posted the same hp and had 376hp at the rear wheels.<!-- Signature -->

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BigJoeT</i>
    <b>First of all chevy did not make the Zo6 in 2000 they started in 2001.
    and the 2001 Zo6 is faster than the 00 Cobra R</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Not faster!!!!<!-- Signature -->

6. The vette was also beaten in mph. vette had a top speed of 167mph and the Cobra R on the hand had a top speed of 177mph<!-- Signature -->

7. LOL........You didn't read the same mag. Because if you did would of notest that the Cobra R Beat the vette in 0-60, Dyno test, track laps, and throught the cones. P.S it turn that it was ( after the Dyno test)the Z06's 344hp vs. the Cobra R 376hp.<!-- Signature -->

8. No thats wrong. its bhp is 385 and so isnt the 01 Zo6. your telling us that only 10 hp was lost from fly wheel to wheels, i dont think so.<!-- Signature -->

9. #9 BigJoeT, Aug 9, 2002
    No the 01 zo6 was 1 second faster on the road track. if you dont beleive me goto http://www.zo6vette.com/media.php and click on zo6/cobra R/ viper test you will see.<!-- Signature -->

10. I know this has nothing to do with the cobra but i found it interesting when i was watching Andy Pilgrim a test driver for chevy, and he used to be a driver for ferrari. a quote " a buddy of mine is the president of a ferrari owners club and sometimes i take my Zo6 down to their ferrari fun weekends and he says that i cant drive my Zo6 because im upsetting all the ferrari owners, because im going faster than them" Just more proof that the Zo6 is the ultimate bang for the buck.<!-- Signature -->

11. this cobra is a nice car even u want it or not!<!-- Signature -->

12. as it was said in car and driver and other american car magazine: the cobra is one of the ultimate drivin machines avilable on the road!

13. #13 BigJoeT, Aug 9, 2002
    Z06 vs Cobra R

Once again ford comes out with a "Super Car" and once again theres always a chevy car to blow it away (Zo6). If you guys dont beleive me goto www.zo6vette.com and look under media then click on Motor Trend comparison Zo6/cobra R/Viper. You will see the Zo6 Out performs them all exept the viper in the 1/4 mile by like a thousanth of a second.

14. First of all chevy did not make the Zo6 in 2000 they started in 2001.
    and the 2001 Zo6 is faster than the 00 Cobra R

15. I mean the Cobra R is a nice car but the Zo6 Clearly out performs the cobra R.

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BigJoeT</i>
    <b>I mean the Cobra R is a nice car but the Zo6 Clearly out performs the cobra R.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Of course. The friggin SS is nearly as fast!<!-- Signature -->

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SSfearSS</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BigJoeT</i>
    <b>I mean the Cobra R is a nice car but the Zo6 Clearly out performs the cobra R.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Of course. The friggin SS is nearly as fast!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your kidding right?

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SSfearSS</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BigJoeT</i>
    <b>I mean the Cobra R is a nice car but the Zo6 Clearly out performs the cobra R.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Of course. The friggin SS is nearly as fast!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

So your saying that the SS is nearly as fast as the cobra R and the 01 Z06? Because the Cobra R and the Z06 have similar performance stats. The only difference is that the Z06 is slightly faster off the line, but as far as top end and performance, they are identical.
    I have seen the comparison video, and the cobra has been known to have a faster 0-60 time than what was tested. Cars perform different under different circumstances. So yeah the top choice on the comparison was the Z06, better overall performance for its price tag. And No, the SS ISNT nearly as fast, how can it be when the 01 svt cobra with 320HP gives the SS a run for its money.

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BigJoeT</i>
    and the 2001 Zo6 is faster than the 00 Cobra R</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

How so...
    MotorTrend tested both the 2000 Z06 and the 2000 Cobra R
    Results
    0-60 4.4 seconds Cobra R
    0-60 4.8 Corvette
    Quarter Mile 12.9 Cobra R
    Quarter Mile 13.3 Corvette

I know that SpeedVision tested both cars and got different results.
    Bottom line is that both cars are equal in performance..Nuff Said.

20. The Stang has a back seat....and side pipes which kick ass...Plus only 300 were made so its more rare...Did I mention it isn't made of fiberglass? Fiberglass is good on the Vette and all but I mean its annoying as hell fricken loud shit.<!-- Signature -->

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MantronixFX</i>
    and the 2001 Zo6 is faster than the 00 Cobra R</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

How so...
    Results
    0-60 4.4 seconds Cobra R
    0-60 4.8 Corvette

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Do you have a link? I thought the Z06 never came out in 2000.<!-- Signature -->

22. No he doesnt have a link because the Zo6 Did not come out till 2001. And the Cobra R does not have a back seat.<!-- Signature -->

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SSfearSS</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MantronixFX</i>

How so...
    Results
    0-60 4.4 seconds Cobra R
    0-60 4.8 Corvette

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Do you have a link? I thought the Z06 never came out in 2000.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

It was compared to the 385hp 2001 Z06 [unless it was a 2000 model w/ 385 horsepower].<!-- Signature -->

24. Im not denying you have the wrong perfomance stats but the zo6 never came out in 2000 the site must have typoed.<!-- Signature -->

25. the stang doesn't have backsteats, the stang doesn't have air conditioning, doesn't have am/fm radio, it has no luxury period.