Recommend Me A Book

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Amazing Asian, Apr 25, 2006.

1. So uh, just recommend me a good book, i haven't had a really good one to read in a while and I want to get another one. The last 2 books i've read were DaVinci's Code and Angels And Demons, I loved them both.

2. Of Mice and Men

3. Burner: What Went Wrong by Dr. MR2T

4. Anything by Clive Cusller. The movie a while ago "Sahara" was based on a book by him, his stories are like a combonation of indian jones and james bond. Also clive cusller is a car collector so he includes alot of that info in the books.

also AMGRULES said a really good book.

5. Fight Club, if you haven't read it
    I'm reading Saturday by Ian McEwan right now, and it's pretty good but maybe not your thing.

6. The Anatomy of Melancholy by Robert Burton

7. Gross.

8. Either Deception Point, or Digital Fortress, both Dan Brown as are DaVinci Code and Angels an Demons, awesome books, have read em all.

9. Bourne Identity is a rad book also

edit: Bourne Supremecy isn't nearly as good, but it's worth the read if you liked Identity. Don't waste your time with Ulitmatum

10. i was thinking that one as well

11. Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk. It's #$%#ed up.

12. I'm reading that now. It's not nearly as good as Fight Club. The plot is kinda lame.

13. what do you like? informative books, like historical stuff or silly adventures around castle casting magic at rats?

14. Book of Mormon
    America the Book

but seriously:

The Last Open Road
    Montezuma's Ferrari
    The Fabulous Trashwagon -obviously all car books, they're awesome.

15. The Prince by Machiavelli. The man was a genius.

16. I've tried to get my hands on fight club but the library copies are all out.

17. I read that last year for class. It's pretty complicated.

18. I've read it at least three or four times, never for school. It's the only book I've ever read that I actually went through and highlighted different parts I liked.

19. I remember talking in class about how the book is written sarcastically because all the examples he gives actually prove the opposite of what the text was saying. You would have to know a ton of stuff to get all the references.

20. It -by- Stephen King

Cloud of Sparrows -by- Takashi Matsuoka [Autumn Bridge is the sequel also]

Magician -by- Raymond E. Feist

Across The Nightingale Floor -by- Lianne Hearne [1st of 3 books]

Life of Pi -by- Yann Martel

Brief History of Nearly Everything -by- Bill Bryson

The Gunslinger -by Stephen King [1st of 7 books]

21. american psycho, less than zero, glamorama, by bret easton ellis. is your a teenager youll love it.

22. There's a wocket in my pocket by Dr. Seuss is a good one too.

23. Yeah, I don't pretend to understand the whole thing, especially given the historical references. I think I'm fairly intelligent, but he blows me out of the water.