Renault Spider vs Elise

Discussion in '1998 Renault Sport Spider' started by barefoot driver, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Renault Spider vs Elise

yep, ELISE

2. Re: Renault Spider vs Elise

Elise,but this does'nt look all that bad.Its a all around good street car.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Renault Spider vs Elise

It's logical , the Spider is 200 Kgs heavyer than the Elise and is powered this the old génération of 2L engine.

4. I read a comparison between these 2 and the elise beat the renault quite easily

5. Re: Renault Spider vs Elise

definitly elise.. but look at that fuel economy! wow!!

6. Re: Renault Spider vs Elise

beats my dads stupid old minivan

7. Re: Renault Spider vs Elise

Elise would kick the spiders ass...

8. Re: Renault Spider vs Elise

can someone tell me how many were built. i remember seeing one towards the beginning of 99

9. Re: Renault Spider vs Elise

The Elise would win any comparison against this Spider, but where the Elise is more meant to go to the limit with, this Spider is more the car meant for touring on touristic roads, and no matter how good the Elise is (it is, I drove it), I'd pick this pretty much exclusive Renault

10. Re: Renault Spider vs Elise

as found on the Gear:Machine website, the Elise was pretty much the reason that this Renault doesnt get produced anymore, as quoted from Renault itself: "the elise was cheaper, more practical and equal fun to drive, and for us the Spider simply became too expensive to make"

I don't know personally how many were made, but I read a stat somewhere that in the UK were like 200 sold, thats all I know about that has to do with its sales/production.

11. Re: Renault Spider vs Elise

Got to be more than 200, ive seen two in my town. They don't look anything sepcial, too plastic.

12. Re: Renault Spider vs Elise

id pick the elise but am i the only one who sees a resemblance to the mr2 spi(or y)der?