resemblance to other cars

Discussion in '2005 Mosler MT900 S' started by odrallag, Oct 6, 2003.

1. i dont know why, but whenever i look at it from certain angles i cant help but think s7, especially when its in yellow. from the back i always think corvette. i personally would like this car a lot more if it had more unique styling.

2. Re: resemblance to other cars

The car has lots of components that came out of the vette, so many aspects of it will give people that idea. Also, the man who designed the car for Mosler was also on the design team that created the latest generation vette. It would probably look better if it wasn't so plain and had a different side air scoop design. It just doesn't seem to fit. The roof scoop is fine since everybody does it.

3. Re: resemblance to other cars

Definately looks lik the Saleen S7, and a little NSX styling might be in there too, but i don't see either of those cars beating this 0-60 so i don't care. I like the NSX best out of the three, though. You can't drift in an s7 or this. But you sure can in an NSX.

4. Re: resemblance to other cars

Interesting tidbit though...the Mosler MT900 was designed, and shown to the public before the Saleen S7.

Rod Trenne, who did the styling for the car, was influenced by the Mclaren F1, Jaguar XJ220, and Corvette C5, and you can see influences from all of those, along with some Mosler traditions.

5. Re: resemblance to other cars

Other than the mid-engine, louvered rear hatch, and MAYBE the narrow canopy, I don't see what this car has to do with the Consulier or Raptor ("tradition?") those cars were different, sporty, and, uh, aesthetically challenging (to steal a line from Bangle at BMW)

I liked the older cars, not so much the MT (it's OK) The Carerra GT from Porsche looks much more like a Consulier.

6. Re: resemblance to other cars

The narrow greenhouse is the biggest carry over, but also a lack of "flash"(ie the abundance of vents on the S7), relatively flat sides (the coke bottle is subtle, definatly a Trenne input). Looking at the Consulier, and the MT900, you can see(or at least I can) that they both come from the Mosler stable.

7. Re: resemblance to other cars

IF ANYONE PLAYED MIDNIGHTCLUB2 THIS IS THE VELOCI FROM THAT GAME! IT MAY LOOK LIKE A SALEEN S7 BUT ITS RAELLY A MOSLER!