RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

Discussion in '2002 Ford GT40 Concept' started by mpg, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

ur right

2. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

WEW-HEW!! n' HOT DAM! dis thing is niiiiicccceeee. iTll smoke them maclarens an all them ugly ass fererieris. dirty italianshit. GO FORD!!! Buy one n smoke em all!! this new gt can go 0-60 in 3.1 seconds an tops out at 22_ somthin miles per hour!!! KICK ASS!!!

GO NASCAR!!!

3. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

ferarris couldn't even touch this ride

4. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

Get it straight...The GT40 is the reason why Ferrari dropped out of Lemans. You really need to get your facts straight before debating. Back in the 60's Ford and Ferrari had a business venture that went sour when Ferrari pulled out of doing business with Ford. The end result, Ford competed in Lemans, and placed a one two three finish...a first in history, and continued to dominate Lemans for the next couple of years...FORCING Ferrari to pull out of Lemans.

5. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

You know, Im beginning to think that you're the self proclaimed Ford Anti-Christ. You never seem to skip a beat whenever anyone praises a Ford. Your right there breathing down their necks. It seems as though you have dedicated your internet life in supressing and degrading factual information for your very own beliefs. Now, I know that there are many Ford fanatics that deserve to be bashed and put in their place for spitting out garbage and none-sense. But when someone takes the time to read and do research, and claim their stakes and bombard the forum with literature from other websites and magazine, books and any type of media, the debate is over...so I thought. Anyways Im not being delusional when I say that Ford GT40 is a ferrari Killer. Whereever you decide to read about the legendary GT40...you will see "Ferrari Killer" or something to that effect. You assume that ferrari was already pulling out of Lemans...while the entire media world states that Ferrari pulled out of Lemans because of the embarrassment. I didnt make all this up, Im just repeating what I read...over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and overover and over and over and over and overover and over and over and over and overover and over and over and over and overover and over and over and over and overover and over and over and over and over again. Maybe one of your ancestors was present during those days and told you the real truth to the tale. Whatever your problem is with Ford, is none of my business, but don't push your personal quandary on us.
    And just as an add on to my respond...I pasted some info from different sources:

The impetus behind the GT40 came from the ambitions of Henry Ford II whom, after getting the cold shoulder from Enzo Ferrari in 1963, gave new marching orders to his troops to design and build a Ferrari challenger.

The original GT40 race cars were born of Henry Ford II's determination to see Ford reap success in European endurance racing. And, perhaps, his desire for revenge after Hank the Deuce failed to buy Ferrari from his bitter rival Enzo Ferrari. A corps of racing legends, including Carroll Shelby, A.J. Foyt, Dan Gurney and Jacky Ickx, became forever linked to the GT40 when the car triumphed at the Le Mans 24 Hours race in France over four consecutive years in 1966-69, including a dominating 1-2-3 finish in 1966.

In 1963, Ferrari was losing money fast and needed financial help fast. They turned to Ford. There was to be a merger in which Ferrari would then be owned by Ford. When Ford executives informed Enzo Ferrari that the name of Ferrari will be changed, Enzo was outraged and turned Ford away. This in turn outraged Ford. Ford knew that the one thing Ferrari has always managed to accomplish was win the 24-hours endurance race in Le Mans France. So Ford decided to take that from Ferrari. In 1965, with help from Britain's Lola, Ford entered the Le Mans race with the Ford GT-40. It was called the GT-40 because of the car's height of only 40 inches. They failed to win in 1965, but in 1966, with an increase in engine size, they had an incredible one-two-three victory in Le Mans. Their winning streak continued on to 1969 (four consequtive wins in a row) when Ferrari, embarrassed by their defeats by Ford, withdrew from the series. A lot of racing heritage and history was because of this chain of events; even the shaking of the champagne tradition started when racing legend Dan Gurney sprayed his bottle of champagne at others upon winning the Le Mans in 1967. This racing icon was somewhat reborn when Ford introduced their showcar the GT-90, which you can see below this. However, now they went full-blown and brought the Ford GT-40 back to life, this time more polished than ever.

6. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

and guess what the volkswagen glx vr6 was conciderd a porshe killer

7. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

The 0-60 3.7(Car and driver) Ferrari killer is here!

8. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

to GT40Waiter .
    "I have driven the 360 and the Porsche 996TT. The 996TT is a much better car in the performance department than the 360 and IMO the 996TT will have a hard time running with the GT40. The 360 is a beautiful car, but it's numbers don't match it's looks."

no one who has driven a ferrari 360 would ever talk about "its numbers". why would you lie like that eh? its ok, ill let you off this time. people who have driven the 360 will tell you about its perfect balance, the way you can place the car perfectly on the track to within an inch of its life. it is an amazing machine. but hey, "the numbers dont match the looks" idiot. heres a tip, if you want to drive one go down to your local circuit and rent one from them for about 500 big ones. lol, some people. how was that porsche by the way.

9. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

Whatever bucko....

Hmmm...the only part that supports what you say is what Henry Ford's intent was.....doesn't mean Ferrari wasn't already pulling out.

Look up how much Ferrari invested in LeMans in the seasons preceding their pulling out of LeMans, it's quite obvious they were pulling out long before Ford got involved, because they couldn't afford to race and keep their company above water, so they had to pull out and get the company back on top of the game before they could make a serious investment in LeMans.

Look up more than just opinionated BS, look up the FACTS.

And I only post something negative about Ford when I hear someone say something false about Ford as if it were fact.

10. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

simply change the pulley
    on the blower drive remap
    700 h/p in under 1 hour

11. Re:

sorry to all those ferrari loves (including myself) but this Ford will have the 360 served on a sliver platter, we cant really be unrealistic. the facts are infornt of us, to all those ignorant Ferrari rules people......competition is a good thing........admit it when we have been beaten.......look at it this way, its the only thing ford could come up wit to take out a ferrari.......put this thing against the 550 and then see who kills who......but it was made to compete wit the 360, and that it does period.

12. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

I just love this Ford. It's the first proper American supercar ever made. Coz Idon't think the Saleen is one. Far too low ground clearance.
    And it looks astonishing.
    And ur right. It did beat the Ferrari. On top gear.

I wasn't too surprised though. Coz I thought it'd be able to compete with Cgt, Enzo & stuff.

13. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

OMG, not another one you "Lemans Means Everything" people. SHUT UP! Damn, Lemans and Street racing are two totally different things so don't confuse the two. Secondly, this is a Ferrari killer especially considering the price tag attached to it. And no, unlike Corvettes and Mustangs this car does not have a cheaply designed interior so shove it straight back down your puke chute.