Rice Boys vs. True Performance Imports

Discussion in '2002 Honda Civic Type-R' started by MugenSi, Aug 9, 2002.

1. This is coming from the point of view of an 18 year old college freshman who owns a tastefully modified 2000 Civic Si; no body kits or huge, heavy 18" wheels adorn my car, simply an extensive list of engine and suspension modifications.

The specs aren't up on this car, but I can tell you that it's running the RSX Type-R's 200-hp 2.0 Liter engine in a 2500 lb. car. Not exactly a Mustang Cobra, but quite fast nonetheless. This car has about as much in common with the fat-tipped, stickered, winged '96 Civic DX's you see on the streets of your hometown as does a brand new Trans Am WS-6 with an '84 Formula, replete with screaming chicken graphics.

Try not to judge all imports or import drivers by the actions of a number of R!ce Boys who know nothing about their cars and treat them the same way. This Type-R is a true sports car meant to be enjoyed by those intelligent enough to drive it correctly and take care of it well. Nothing hurts me more than to see a 16 year old behind the wheel of a dirty, scratched, dinged-up Integra Type-R (and we have plenty of these in my hometown). So bust on R!ce Boys and their gay cars as much as you want, but I ask you to not group true import enthusiasts with them--if you do, you are as bad as the R!ce Boys themselves.

2. Re: R!ce Boys vs. True Performance Imports

Here Here!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Ice Boys vs. True Performance Imports

I can deal with that! Infact I respect that. 70% are fakes, but there are 30% of the import guys out there that truly represent properly. <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: R!ce Boys vs. True Performance Imports

This is true, there are some Imports that are nice and they run like a dream, in fact i have seen a Civic hatchback beat a Viper... But you are right most of them dont know sh!t about their car, and just bolt on the huge wing, and the grill in the front and the fat exhaust. But there are some Imports that do deserve Respect:

Toyota Supra
    3000 GT VR4
    Lancer Evolution
    Rx7
    Eclipse GSX (in my opinion a clean looking car)
    probably some more, but i cant remember them.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: R!ce Boys vs. True Performance Imports

I myself prefer tuning imports, and what I really hate is all these idiots with coffee can mufflers that are louder thatn a lawnmower with fuel injection (I've actaully seen one, and it was VERY loud). I would rather have a muffler that you can't hear unless you strain to hear it, and then when it's finally loud enough, I'm already a half-mile ahead of those stupid idiots who think because they have a Civic with some stickers, they go fast. I'll take a beat up CRX that goes 150 over a nice-looking Civic DX hatchback that goes 120 anyday.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: R!ce Boys vs. True Performance Imports

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from F1LM My Car</i>
    <b>I myself prefer tuning imports, and what I really hate is all these idiots with coffee can mufflers that are louder thatn a lawnmower with fuel injection (I've actaully seen one, and it was VERY loud). I would rather have a muffler that you can't hear unless you strain to hear it, and then when it's finally loud enough, I'm already a half-mile ahead of those stupid idiots who think because they have a Civic with some stickers, they go fast. I'll take a beat up CRX that goes 150 over a nice-looking Civic DX hatchback that goes 120 anyday.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Couldnt have said it better.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: R!ce Boys vs. True Performance Imports

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MugenSi</i>
    <b>This is coming from the point of view of an 18 year old college freshman who owns a tastefully modified 2000 Civic Si; no body kits or huge, heavy 18" wheels adorn my car, simply an extensive list of engine and suspension modifications.

The specs aren't up on this car, but I can tell you that it's running the RSX Type-R's 200-hp 2.0 Liter engine in a 2500 lb. car. Not exactly a Mustang Cobra, but quite fast nonetheless. This car has about as much in common with the fat-tipped, stickered, winged '96 Civic DX's you see on the streets of your hometown as does a brand new Trans Am WS-6 with an '84 Formula, replete with screaming chicken graphics.

Try not to judge all imports or import drivers by the actions of a number of R!ce Boys who know nothing about their cars and treat them the same way. This Type-R is a true sports car meant to be enjoyed by those intelligent enough to drive it correctly and take care of it well. Nothing hurts me more than to see a 16 year old behind the wheel of a dirty, scratched, dinged-up Integra Type-R (and we have plenty of these in my hometown). So bust on R!ce Boys and their gay cars as much as you want, but I ask you to not group true import enthusiasts with them--if you do, you are as bad as the R!ce Boys themselves.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree with you... there are some imports that are tastefully modified, and look and run very well, and then there are some that just supe up their moms neon or something not ment to be a performance car. but I do respect some Imports, like the NSX (overpriced however) Supra, And the RX7... but then there are the rycers that think their car is the badest on the road, thats the ones i like to humilate<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: R!ce Boys vs. True Performance Imports

Funny thing is a Kawasaki Hayabusa Motorcycle usually has a bigger engine then these things. <!-- Signature -->

9. Re: R!ce Boys vs. True Performance Imports

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Neptr0n</i>
    <b>Funny thing is a Kawasaki Hayabusa Motorcycle usually has a bigger engine then these things. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Uh, not unless the Hayabusa has a 1.6 liter engine...<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: R*ce Boys vs. True Performance Imports

My god, there are people that think like me!! Yea!
    I agree. Analogic's 70-30 statement is about right. And yeah, the GSX rocks! Noone seems to know of that car or its twin the TSI AWD. Some of the best cheap performance you can get!<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: R!ce Boys vs. True Performance Imports

No its actully almost a 1.3 lol and can Preform Jaw Droping results im planning on trading my Gsx-R 1000 on one mine cuts better but these Bikes are a Dream. Put a Cheater Bottle on one and you own yourself what Mclaren is to Motorcycles

12. Re: R!ce Boys vs. True Performance Imports

The street import scene isn't all about speed. The other half is show. As for the people who don't know what they are doing, even the best of us had to learn somewhere right? The 96 DXs with the 5 inch coffee cans, it's all about the sub culture. Speed is again, only half. If you ask any true azn about the true street import scene, there is only one answer; It's all juss an azn thang.

13. Re: Boys vs. True Performance Imports

it started as an azn thing all i know is that hate people who try to pretend that they know what there talking about but realy dont sh** and if your trying to learn read does any body know where i can find accurate 0-60stats<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: R!ce Boys vs. True Performance Imports

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FD3STTurbo21</i>
    <b>The street import scene isn't all about speed. The other half is show. As for the people who don't know what they are doing, even the best of us had to learn somewhere right? The 96 DXs with the 5 inch coffee cans, it's all about the sub culture. Speed is again, only half. If you ask any true azn about the true street import scene, there is only one answer; It's all juss an azn thang.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I like my cars to look nice and clean, but if I had a car that could win in any show competition and couldn't do shit on the street, what the hell is the point? Going fast is way more fun than showing off your car's looks. Styling is some of it, and to some people it might be most of it, but to me there is nothing like going 160 down a deserted road, except maybe going 1400 at 40,000ft!<!-- Signature -->