rival of the m3 gtr

Discussion in '2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-DTM' started by 180SXTC, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from m3rhkp</i>
    <b>M3 is make for racing. but CLK no, they go for so call luxary car</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

u know shit mate, and check ure sentences b4 u post it, can't understand. and a CLK is not a pure luxury car!!
    what about the CLK55AMG model, 0-100kph in 5.4sec(an M3 is 5.2sec),255kw V8, the f1 pace cars, this car!!
    i mean they are quite a quick car standard.the CLK 320 8.1sec.
    and an M3 on road is performance not racing!! and fine ure racing M3 is cool but this is a Racing CLK, so i mean don't mix the two up!!
    the C32AMG beats on the M3 anyway 4.9sec top bmw M3 5.2sec, to let u know>
    stupid,,,,>>>
    later

<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

The M3 GTR is no more.

I read an article today, the M3 GTR (V8) can no longer compete in the 2002 American LeMans Series any more. One of the rules of the series is that the race car must have a road going version. The old M3 GT does (cuz it uses a V6), all the Porsches do as well. But the V8 M3 GTR does not meet that rule.

The governing body told BMW that the M3 GTR can race with the following conditions:
    1) 200KG weight penalty, and
    2) 20% power cut (by air restrictors)

BMW went ahead and tested their car with these restrictions, and then decided to quit the series. So, no wonder the BMWs were beating the Porsches, all because of an unfair power advantage. Go Home BMW. Or take the GTR to the DTM series and get your ass kicked by the CLK. Either way, can't win.

3. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

WOW
    ya'll is heated over this debate, I say #$%# le mans series, hell #$%# all those series lets stick with what the avg person can afford. M3 vs lets say clk55amg at least those 2 we can afford plus at least those 2 aren't hinderd by different regulations out the factory, they are restricted but with fewer and those are put there by they're respective makers. Motor trend recently evaluated all the current AMG and M models where they decided for what ever reason ( i think prices cuz bmw tends to be cheaper) that every bimmer was better. I SAY i already knew that because to win you neeed A STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from m3rhkp</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Davut</i>
    <b>The M3 GTR is no more.

I read an article today, the M3 GTR (V8) can no longer compete in the 2002 American LeMans Series any more. One of the rules of the series is that the race car must have a road going version. The old M3 GT does (cuz it uses a V6), all the Porsches do as well. But the V8 M3 GTR does not meet that rule.

The governing body told BMW that the M3 GTR can race with the following conditions:

BMW went ahead and tested their car with these restrictions, and then decided to quit the series. So, no wonder the BMWs were beating the Porsches, all because of an unfair power advantage. Go Home BMW. Or take the GTR to the DTM series and get your ass kicked by the CLK. Either way, can't win.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> U have a problem man? u know why they changed the rules so suddenly? because porsche was angry about loosing very badly to M3 GTR at the 2001 year, so that's why they go the the head of the LeMans in France and force them to change the rules sayin that the BMW have to sell aleast 25 or 50 of them, i forgot the right amount but is within that. and they tell BMW this at the last 2 month before the 2002 season start. u call that forcing? or kick them out? 2 month selling 25 of the V8 M3 with a price of $220,000 or something like that??????</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

do you remember back in 1973 or so when Porsche introduced the Carrera RS? the seris told them that if they didn't sell 500 road-going versions of the car that year they couldn't compete with that car. needless to say, they sold all 500 in a few months, and they produced more that year. BMW had to do the same thing, except they couldn't do it, and Porsche could. so now we all understand why the m3 gtr can't compete and why it can't beat the CLK-DTM.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from dodge_punk</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EugeneF15</i>
    <b>they arent set up for the same kind of racing, but the M3 would probly win.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> They are actualy set up for that racing, M3 isnt compared to this, m3 more of a family type sedan</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

M3 is not a sedan, but a coupe!<!-- Signature -->

6. i think this would compete well with the BMW m3 gtr

what do you think

7. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

Definately yes to that...<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

Rival yes, but not the winner!<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

this will knock the shit out of all m3 gtr`s!!!!!!!

10. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Patman</i>
    <b>Rival yes, but not the winner!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I doubt that.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

for those who do not know. the M3 whooped the Merc 190e 16 valve's ass back in the 80's. The M3 can do it again.

12. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

this is more powerful and better than the m3, and it would kill almost any m3.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

how much does it weigh? I really dont think its gonna "kill" a M3 GTR with 24 horsepower...

still pretty cool<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

u know M3 GTR have a V8 right? if this could beat a Porsche GT3 then will talk about killin the M3.. other wise i doubt it

15. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EugeneF15</i>
    <b>they arent set up for the same kind of racing, but the M3 would probly win.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> They are actualy set up for that racing, M3 isnt compared to this, m3 more of a family type sedan<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

M3 is make for racing. but CLK no, they go for so call luxary car

17. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

I asked the Question why there was no BMW in DTM a couple of months back. Someone posted an article whcih said BMW couldnt compete for some reason I can't remember. But one could only presume that the original 4 litre V8 unit was built to rival mercedes in DTM, who also use a 4 litre V8.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

The M3 GTR and the CLK DTM belongs to two completely different series. Which car is faster? Hard to tell, but the CLK has a higher HP, and I doubt there would be a big weight difference for these race cars, so I bet CLK is faster.

I would love to see the 2 cars race tho. hehe

19. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

to "m3rhkp" why are you talking about the clk being a luxury car and stuff, were talking about these two cars 9the race versions) please try and keep on the topic.

also if im not mistaken bmw did release an M3 GTR road car late last year.<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

Yes, the M3 GTR did release a street version, but they didn't produce enough of them.

Last season, the officials gave BMW a favor and let them race. But this season, no more breaking rules and cheating for BMW. Too bad.

21. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

If the M3 GTR was released, why havn't I seen it in any car mags?
    How much did they sell it for and how many did they have to sell for them to be elegable to race in ALMS?<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Davut</i>

BMW went ahead and tested their car with these restrictions, and then decided to quit the series. So, no wonder the BMWs were beating the Porsches, all because of an unfair power advantage. Go Home BMW. Or take the GTR to the DTM series and get your ass kicked by the CLK. Either way, can't win.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> U have a problem man? u know why they changed the rules so suddenly? because porsche was angry about loosing very badly to M3 GTR at the 2001 year, so that's why they go the the head of the LeMans in France and force them to change the rules sayin that the BMW have to sell aleast 25 or 50 of them, i forgot the right amount but is within that. and they tell BMW this at the last 2 month before the 2002 season start. u call that forcing? or kick them out? 2 month selling 25 of the V8 M3 with a price of $220,000 or something like that??????

23. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FerrariKing</i>
    <b>to "m3rhkp" why are you talking about the clk being a luxury car and stuff, were talking about these two cars 9the race versions) please try and keep on the topic.

also if im not mistaken bmw did release an M3 GTR road car late last year.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yo king, just 1 common, they didn't go on sell late last year, they go on sell this year at late January to Early Febuary.

24. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Davut</i>

BMW went ahead and tested their car with these restrictions, and then decided to quit the series. So, no wonder the BMWs were beating the Porsches, all because of an unfair power advantage. Go Home BMW. Or take the GTR to the DTM series and get your ass kicked by the CLK. Either way, can't win.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Hey boy,i think u have a few mistakes in ur 2 Message, 1st BMW M3 DOES NOT USE a V6 <-- Big Mistake there, that already show us how much you know about cars haha, 2nd officials gave BMW a favor and let them race?? Official didn't "GAVE BMW A FAVOR" to let them race, is because BMW already made a Prototype M3 GTR road version before the M3 GTR went to race for the last season LeMans so they didn't break rules nor cheating.(U think the official will be stupid enough to do that?) 3rd, "IF" the M3 GTR were to go to DTM?? wtf? ok if they go race Touring, u think BMW will be stupid enough to put a 400 hp LeMans Version M3 to race? do u know that the rules of touring and LeMans is different? Let's see.. i think there will be less restrictions. duh.. which mean more horses will be added to the M3, LAST:

"BMWs were beating the Porsches, all because of an unfair power advantage." ? if you know more history about LeMans, the M3 already beat the Porsche 4 years in a roll in the American LeMans Series(poor Smart azz). Go Home BMW? why don't u stay home and watch some TV.

25. Re: rival of the m3 gtr

<b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FerrariKing</i>
    <b>to "m3rhkp" why are you talking about the clk being a luxury car and stuff, were talking about these two cars 9the race versions) please try and keep on the topic.

also if im not mistaken bmw did release an M3 GTR road car late last year.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yo king, just 1 common, they didn't go on sell late last year, they go on sell this year at late January to Early Febuary.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Learn proper english, cause ure's sucks!
    Plus this is gonna whoop on the M3 GTR.
    later<!-- Signature -->