Road and Track hit 0-60 in 3.3 seconds!!!

Discussion in '2000 Saleen S7' started by CarreraGtRacer, May 8, 2003.

1. Re: Road and Track hit 0-60 in 3.3 seconds!!!

I dunno about that...I might be American but by no means Biased...I love the Enzo and the S7R and S7 but I think the S7R would beat the Enzo since the S7R is just pure racer...no creature comforts what so ever...The Enzo doesn't have many but it still does have some.

2. Re: Road and Track hit 0-60 in 3.3 seconds!!!

the F40 was also twin turboed so of course it would be faster in the higher rev range

3. Re: Road and Track hit 0-60 in 3.3 seconds!!!

PLEASE buy me one of these awesome pieces of car!!!!1!!

4. Re: Road and Track hit 0-60 in 3.3 seconds!!!

Wow, even I was suprised when the Magazines got their hands on this car. Now the Saleen S7, Ford GT, and Mosler MT900 Photon lead the way in American supercars. I hope Ferrari and Lamborghini have taken notice, they are going to be seeing alot more of these cars in their rear-view mirrors very very soon.

5. Re: Road and Track hit 0-60 in 3.3 seconds!!!

True but surely Ferrari and Lamborghini can handle it as well as Porsche

6. Re: Road and Track hit 0-60 in 3.3 seconds!!!

it doesnt have anti lock breaks. it also doesnt have active aerodynamics/active wings. Or traction control. those are against the le mans rulse, and the s7 is supposed to be basically a s7r race car with a touch of livability. teh enzo and viper have abs, which is really a huge advantage over non abs breaks. the enzo also has an aerodynamic packahge that veries with speed. the enzo would most likely win in a race, being built by a primier auto manufacturer several years later than the s7, to be the best. The saleen is reaching the end of its production, while the racing version of the enzo (to a degree), the maserati mcc (or something) is coming out in 2004. It will probably beat the s7, but your attacking (some) the s7 for the wrong reasons. its a great car, perhaps the top at its time of production (it would beat a mclaren in turns, not straits, but the recent rush of supercars has it just beat by the ferrari, maybe the cgt
    in my opinion, of course. ive nevber driven any of these

7. Re: Road and Track hit 0-60 in 3.3 seconds!!!

the s7 doesn't need a wing. you can drive the damn thing upside down at 160mph and it'll cling to the road, going upside down!!!

8. Re: Road and Track hit 0-60 in 3.3 seconds!!!

lol...so true bra

9. Re: Road and Track hit 0-60 in 3.3 seconds!!!

its such a shame my RSX has 900hp and can whip the americans in to shape

10. Re: Road and Track hit 0-60 in 3.3 seconds!!!

I trust road and track but that seams a little fast.

11. Re: Road and Track hit 0-60 in 3.3 seconds!!!

Its such a shame that your RSX doesnt exist.

12. Re: Road and Track hit 0-60 in 3.3 seconds!!!

Don't talk shit as*hole

13. Re: Road and Track hit 0-60 in 3.3 seconds!!!

again america shows how much more better there cars then ne other aorund the world

14. Re: Road and Track hit 0-60 in 3.3 seconds!!!

I believe it was in race trim, ie the S7R that was taken to the wind tunnel, so it had the wing, and front splitter when the down force numbers were determined.

15. Re: Road and Track hit 0-60 in 3.3 seconds!!!

dang,thats fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Re: Road and Track hit 0-60 in 3.3 seconds!!!

Its a mustang engine just any other amercian car using ether a hemi, corvette ls1 or a mustang cobra. for god sake saleen needs a #$%#ing viper engine from hennsey that would make a real farrari enzo killer. how fast dos this really go i hear 200, 210, 220, 226, even 240,mph make up your minds!

17. Re: Road and Track hit 0-60 in 3.3 seconds!!!

I'm not aware of any Mustang using a 7L block...and the fact Saleen has these blocks cast solely for them, would lead me to believe its not a Mustang engine. They do use some other Mustang parts though.

18. Re: Road and Track hit 0-60 in 3.3 seconds!!!

I dont think its turbocharged i think its supercharged or naturally aspirated.

19. Re: Road and Track hit 0-60 in 3.3 seconds!!!

Its such a shame that your a ignorant D*mbf*ck who dreams his cars up.
    Dont talk shit as*hole