Road-legal version

Discussion in '2001 Ferrari 550 GT' started by CeltaDriver, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I heard that Ferrari will release a Road-legal version of this car in a limited series (around 20 cars). Does anybody has more info on this?<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Road-legal version

575M is the name of the road legal version ferrari 550

3. Re: Road-legal version

no it isnt

4. Re: Road-legal version

It doesn't make sense to make a street legal version of the 550GT. Why would anyone buy a race car for the street when they could buy a 550 or even a 575?

5. Re: Road-legal version

Crazy F50 owners like Aaron Kwok would buy one, use for the track.

6. Re: Road-legal version

i would rather go with the 575m..

7. Re: Road-legal version

Streat Legal not Road legal!!! Get it right. One more thing Ferrari's Suck.

8. Re: Road-legal version

Ferrari's suck at what? Street legal or road legal?? I believe the F50 GT1 would whoop any little porsche that you bettin on by a mile. This 550 GT has 600+ HP with only 2400 lbs, thats damn light, and with that much horsepower, it would smoke any porsche out there, let alone the F50 GT1 with 700+ HP or so with only 1800 lbs.

9. Re: Road-legal version

i would love to see a road version of this..

10. Re: Road-legal version

fellas really, you need to think. they might make a street version of this car but do you actually think that it be at the same h.p.? of course not becouse they need to tone things down a bit for the u.s. regulations which we know that they suck but what else can we do we just have to wait to the u.s. softens up to get a car that has the full spec of the track on the road.

11. all of you are morons.
    first of all, the 550 and 575M are the same thing, except the 575 is "updated" in the sense that it is newer and with increased power output. second, the car in discussion is the 550GT, meaning it is only legal to drive/race on a racetrack. finally, why would ferrari make a street legal version of a racecar that is already being produced?! the 550GT is based on the street legal version, the 550. i know of very few car manufacturers that go the other way around (track car to street).

12. all of you are morons.
    first of all, the 550 and 575M are the same thing, except the 575 is "updated" in the sense that it is newer and with increased power output. second, the car in discussion is the 550GT, meaning it is only legal to drive/race on a racetrack. finally, why would ferrari make a street legal version of a racecar that is already being produced?! the 550GT is based on the street legal version, the 550. i know of very few car manufacturers that go the other way around (track car to street).