RX 8 vs. 350Z

Discussion in '2002 Mazda RX-8' started by elbato22, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: RX 8 vs. 350Z

the rx8 makes 238hp, and considerably less at the wheels. In terms of straight line acceleration, the Z>RX8 by a fair bit. However, in terms of handling and cornering, expect the 8 to make up abit for its lack of power at the wheels.
    I own an 8, and i'd like it to have some more torque at the lower rpm's coz its lifeless until u push it past 4.5k rpms. after 5k, and if u keep it up there, then its one hell of a sweet ride.
    in terms of styling and looks... thats all personal preferences, i like the 8 in this department. its unique as well, i think the Z is trying to copy the more 'poshy' car manufactuers.
    Practicability goes hat down to the 8, 4 doors, 4 seats unlike the Z which only has 2 doors 2 seats. if u're the kind of person who wanna zoom thru the 1/4 mile faster, then the Z would be a better choice than 8. however, if ya want a practical car with adequate sporting performance and fun, and at the same time, can fit 3 friends in to share the enjoyment, then u'd have to go for the 8.

just my 2 cents

2. Re: RX 8 vs. 350Z

You all keep sayingthe 8 is practical but it's not really. Boot space is tiny and the back 2 seats would only fit kids.

3. Personally i like the 300zx over them both, but I think that the 350Z probably would keep up with the RX-8, and I believe that Nissan has had much more racing experience than Mazda, not to say that Mazda sucks. (my dad has a 1993 626 and he "raced" a civic off a stoplight, and he was just ahead of it), anyways I prefer Nissan over Mazda.

4. Personally i like the 300zx over them both, but I think that the 350Z probably would keep up with the RX-8, and I believe that Nissan has had much more racing experience than Mazda, not to say that Mazda sucks. My dad has a 1993 626 and he "raced" a civic off a stoplight, and he was just ahead of it for the most part, anyways I prefer Nissan over Mazda.

5. I would pick the RX-8 but since they brought down the HP to 238, im not sure.
    There making a coupe of this thing? I don't think so

6. I would pick the RX-8 but since they brought down the HP to 238, im not sure.

EDIT: Whops posted more then once

7. I would pick the RX-8 but since they brought down the HP to 238, im not sure.

8. rx8. even though i dont like it but still .......