Sad to see it go...

Discussion in '2002 Dodge Viper GTS Final Edition' started by MaximusMeridius, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Sad to see it go...

The Viper is and was a milestone for 90's american sports cars

2. Re: Sad to see it go...

dis is crap ok its nuttin

3. This was always a great car. It had a huge engine, great styling, and awesome performance. The 2003 Viper is kinda ugly and they dont even make a gts yet. Not that the new viper wont be a cool car, but this was the original and it had to be good to stay around as long as it did with the same body style.

4. Re: Sad to see it go...

ummmmm there is a 2003 coming out. Havent you seen the new pics? It is 1000x better than the old one. Better looks, more power

5. Re: Sad to see it go...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PreludePower</i>
    <b>ummmmm there is a 2003 coming out. Havent you seen the new pics? It is 1000x better than the old one. Better looks, more power</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I'm pretty sure he knows about the 2003, since he mentioned it in his post. He's talking about there not being a GTS until 2005. Now, about that, even with the original body, the GTS wasn't released until '95 or '96 (I think, correct me if I'm wrong).<!-- Signature -->

6. Me too, new viper looks like a video game car

I disagree with the new one having better looks. I like the old one, and am sad to see it go too. I used to like the new one, not more than the old one but I did like it, but soon didn't and realized I enjoyed the older one's style much more. The new one looks,... too new I guess. Too concepty. It falls into that mark that I guess dodge felt it had to make, as times are moving on and cars are getting edgier, but... they didn't have to at all. The redesign was appropriate for the time, but not where it'd take away what we've come to love about the car! The beautiful shape and muscular curves are completely lost in the new one. Very boring almost, but it's just my opinion.

7. Re: Sad to see it go...

dis is crap ok its nuttin

8. Re: Sad to see it go...

dis is good shit mate!!!

u don't know what the fuc ur talkin' about<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Me too, new viper looks like a video game car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bara10</i>
    <b>I disagree with the new one having better looks. I like the old one, and am sad to see it go too. I used to like the new one, not more than the old one but I did like it, but soon didn't and realized I enjoyed the older one's style much more. The new one looks,... too new I guess. Too concepty. It falls into that mark that I guess dodge felt it had to make, as times are moving on and cars are getting edgier, but... they didn't have to at all. The redesign was appropriate for the time, but not where it'd take away what we've come to love about the car! The beautiful shape and muscular curves are completely lost in the new one. Very boring almost, but it's just my opinion.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I have to agree with you on this. I used to like the new one too but my heart was still set on the old design.

10. I still prefer the look of the gts, although the new srt-10 is a better quality car and its easier to see over the massive hood.