Saleen is a gay company created by gay people

Discussion in '2002 Ferrari Enzo' started by Homero, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

Great job, Homero! I tried downloading the presskit in Adobe Acrobat form from FerrariChat and the Owner's Site but the download messed up and I couldn't access the presskit. Thank you for providing us all with such information. The Enzo truly seems to be the most incredible sportscar ever built....a technological marvel. With this car, Ferrari has once again claimed the top spot in the sportscar world.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

yo

3. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

FERRARI ENZO:
    ENGINE AND TRANSMISION (*)

The engine of the Enzo Ferrari is a 12-cylinder aspirated unit in a 65° V, with a completely new design, based on experience gained in Formula 1.

The characteristic features of the engine (which has the project number F140) are its total capacity of 5,998 cc, a bore of 92 mm and a stroke of 75.2 mm, giving a unit cylinder capacity of 499.8 cc. The compression ratio is 11.2.

The cylinder head design reveals its Formula 1 origins: the “pentroof” type combustion chamber, with 4 valves per cylinder, and the inlet and exhaust ducts were designed to maximise the exhaust coefficients and combustion speed.

The timing gear features 4 overhead camshafts, direct valve control and hydraulic tappets. It is belt-driven, with central transmission on triple gearing. The timing of the inlet and exhaust manifolds is continuously variable, thanks to the intervention of the four variable advances activated by the engine control unit throughout the field of operation via a high pressure hydraulic system.

The variable geometry inlet manifold is also borrowed from Formula 1, with a system of small telescopic pumps activated by hydraulic actuator, that allowed the power and peak torque values to be maximised.

Electronic engine management is provided on each row of cylinders by a Bosch Motronic ME7 unit which controls the PFI multiple injection system, the drive-by-wire throttle valve and the single coils on each spark plug. Six knock sensors mounted on the cylinder block guarantee knock control.

The fuel required is Shell 95 octane (RON), while the spark plugs are NGK PMR8A M10.

The performance goals of the new V12 have been met in full, in order to supply a unique blend of very high power, generous torque from low speeds and a wide use range, and they can be summed up as follows:

• Max. power output: 660 bhp at 7800 rpm
    • Peak torque: 67 kgm at 5500 rpm
    • Available torque: 54 kgm at 3000 rpm
    • Max. engine revs: 8200 rpm.

The rear gearbox is coupled directly to the engine by an element that incorporates the engine oil tank, the bevel gear pair and the self-locking differential (lock percentage: 30 on thrust and 55 on release).

The project was developed to achieve extremely sporty performance by adopting triple cone synchronisers on all 6 speeds. The twin 215 mm plate clutch also speeds up engine dynamics and synchronisation.

The gearbox unit was developed only in a Formula 1 version, with an electrohydraulic system to activate the gearbox and clutch. Gear changes are managed electronically, activated by paddles positioned behind the steering wheel, on the basis of engine torque and vehicle dynamics.

The priority goal of the Enzo Ferrari project was to cut gear change times (they have been cut to 150 milliseconds) in the interest of extremely sporty use, thanks in part to a new control strategy and further refinements which have been less influenced by concessions to comfort, in the spirit of the car.

The gear levers are made of carbon, with an optimised shape and size, increasing at the top and bottom to allow the driver a larger steering lock without having to take his hands off the wheel. The Sport/Race gear change configuration pushbuttons and the reverse activation button are on the steering wheel.

The available gear change configurations, consistent with the character of maximum sportiness chosen for the car, only provide for manual gear changes performed by the driver by activating the F1 levers (the option of a fully automatic transmission is not envisaged).

The modes are:
    • Sport, a configuration designed specifically for sportiness, to be used most of the time;
    • Race, activated for more extreme, sporty use of the car, typical of the racing circuit.

Each of these configurations corresponds to a logic incorporated into the car control system related to the damper set-up and traction control (ASR).

In Race mode and with ASR disengaged, the “launch control” strategy borrowed from Formula 1 is also available, allowing the driver to start off at top speed in good grip conditions. Once the strategy has been activated, the driver keeps the brake pedal down while he uses the accelerator pedal to choose the engine speed at which he wishes to set off. When he releases the brake pedal, the clutch closes rapidly while torque control is left to the driver.

This allows very fast starts while it also guarantees an entertaining, enjoyable drive, letting the driver control traction through the accelerator pedal. According to the system consolidated by Ferrari for its Formula 1 transmission, a special multiple telltale at the centre of the main instrument panel keeps the driver constantly informed about the state of the system and the speed engaged.

*Source: Ferrari Media Centre

(the left one, it's a new picture)

4. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

THE ART OF FERRARI ENZO

Ferrari released today two artistic pictures of the “Enzo”. They are dark and will be part of the special brochure that will receive all the “Enzo” buyers. The pictures will be also for sale next month in “poster format” at Ferrari stores.

5. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

Man, I envy you... how can one be so lucky to have such a girlfriend?!

6. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Homero</i>
    <b>FERRARI ENZO vs. MCLAREN F1
    (FIRST MATCH)

FERRARI ENZO
    Top Speed +350 Km/h
    0-100 km/h 3.65 s
    0-200 Km/h 9.5 s
    0-400 m 11.0 s
    0-1000 m 19.6 s

MCLAREN F1
    Top Speed 371 km/h
    0-100 km/h 3.3 s
    0-200 Km/h ------
    0-400 m 11.1 s
    0-1000 m 19.6 s

Ferrari Source: Ferrari Media Centre
    McLaren Source: Sport-Auto Magazine (7-1997)
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

McLaren F1 0-200Kph 9.6s

Mafalda

7. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mafalda</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Homero</i>
    <b>FERRARI ENZO vs. MCLAREN F1
    (FIRST MATCH)

FERRARI ENZO
    Top Speed +350 Km/h
    0-100 km/h 3.65 s
    0-200 Km/h 9.5 s
    0-400 m 11.0 s
    0-1000 m 19.6 s

MCLAREN F1
    Top Speed 371 km/h
    0-100 km/h 3.3 s
    0-200 Km/h ------
    0-400 m 11.1 s
    0-1000 m 19.6 s

Ferrari Source: Ferrari Media Centre
    McLaren Source: Sport-Auto Magazine (7-1997)
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

McLaren F1 0-200Kph 9.4s

Mafalda</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

8. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

official specs are usually conservative,
    we can expect the enzo to be faster than
    the mclaren

9. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

Thank you Mafalda for the information. It seems to be very interesting the first official match.

Alexly, sorry, but I don't agree with you. Official specs use to be "little liers". Brands like Citroën are famous for lie about their specs.

The Ferrari case is not dramatic, but it's probably the Enzo will be a little slower or fast as the official specs. I don't think it will be faster.

10. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

Very nice job, Homero. Thanks for all the info and pics.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

FERRARI ENZO: AERODINAMICS (*)

The study of aerodynamics as a means of developing vehicle performance has been part of Ferrari culture since the 1960s, from the introduction of fins in Formula 1 to the adoption of an integral aerodynamic underbody on the 360 Modena, aerodynamic innovation has always marked the generations in the design of the brand’s racing cars and on-road GT models. When it developed the Enzo, Ferrari set itself two pure performance targets which would represent a milestone for ultra-fast cars:

• To increase the grip limit in medium-fast bends (by increasing negative lift);
    • To maintain a very high top speed (over 350 km/h).

The question of aerodynamics had to be approached in an innovative way to tackle this complex objective, because the two requirements are in conflict. The aerodynamic configuration of a racing car involves developing fins and specific accessories for each circuit, varying from configurations with a high negative lift and high drag for slow circuits (Monte Carlo and Hungary), to configurations with low drag (and low negative lift coefficients) for fast circuits (Monza and Hockenheim). But in the case of the Enzo, for which the various targets had to coexist in a single aerodynamic configuration, a concept of active, integrated aerodynamics was developed.

The optimal set-up is kept stable by special elastic features of the car's engineering and active aerodynamic control. To do this, two reference configurations were defined:

• high negative lift;
    • high speed.

These mark the aerodynamic limits within which the car is actively modified during its mission (changes to the aerodynamic set-up), constantly adapting to the optimal conditions demanded at a given moment.

Two main areas of operation were taken into consideration:
    • low-medium speeds
    • high-very high speeds.

As the speed increases from low-medium to high-very high, the engineering ensures that the car assumes the optimal set-up (the maximum negative lift obtained with an ideal load distribution) by varying the rigidity on the basis of ground clearance. As the speed climbs even higher, this set-up is maintained by the combined action of the elastic mechanical components and by active control of the aerodynamic fixtures. This means that even if the intensity of the negative lift increases with the speed, the load distribution is held at an optimal level.

At very high speeds, the actively controlled aerodynamic fixtures (front and rear fins) limit the maximum vertical load thus making it possible to keep the car above a set minimum ground clearance.

In terms of driver perception, the aerodynamic load provided by the Enzo is already considerable at relatively exploitable speeds (traffic conditions permitting), with a load of 344 kg at 200 km/h.

This load reaches 775 kg at a speed of 300 km/h, and then decreases as the speed increases, allowing the top speed to be reached (585 kg at a speed of 350 km/h).

On the Enzo, the aerodynamic load and balance can be modified on the road by means of a pair of flaps positioned in the front slides and a rear spoiler.

The high load and high speed configurations are as follows:

High load
    1. Front flaps completely retracted (flush with bottom);
    2. Rear spoiler completely extracted.

High speed
    1. Front flaps completely extracted;
    2. Rear spoiler completely retracted (flush with body).

To ensure that the rear underbody functions properly, a high nose and low front wing configuration was chosen to recover front load and regulate the balance. The rear underbody is made up of two large diffusers with an optimised longitudinal profile to supply high loads with high ground clearances, but without modifying behaviour as the set-up changes. They are optimised transversely by means of large central fins which allow the central flow to be separated from the lateral flows.

Two diffusers have been inserted in front of the rear wheels to generate load between the wheels, energising the part of the flow that is normally in the slipstream of the front wheel. An adjustable spoiler was fitted on the tail of the car to obtain the rear load interval necessary to cater for all possible use conditions.

The front area is dominated by the high nose under which runs an air channel that supplies the rear diffusers.

The choice of hot air vents on the front bonnet optimises heat dispersal while it helps to keep aerodynamic load high. In the central area, the wing helps to achieve the desired load and the right balance between front and rear.

Much of the front load is obtained by means of the slides under the radiators and the air outlets behind the front wheels. The slides are fitted with two flaps which allow active adjustment of load and balance.

*Source: Ferrari Media Centre

(…and two new pictures to illustrate this story…)

12. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

MEMBERS ADVICE:

This are no real pictures of the Ferrari Enzo. They are digitally modified pictures about the red car of the official pictures that I already posted here.

But I think that this amazing work made by Studioline deserves a space in this forum.

Enjoy it!

Homero

PS: The only mistake of this great work is placed on the back lights, yellow painted too. If you look at the real pictures of the Enzo posted in the page 3 of this forum you will see them are red. Congratulations, anyway, to Studioline.

13. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

14. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

ye

15. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

TIME FOR A BREAK (I)

A dream comes true, Jennifer Capriati climbs into a Ferrari Modena 360, a gift from Fila. Her prize, a contract extended until 2004 and the Ferrari that Capriati chose in Maranello, quite emotional and obviously very happy about it, with her father Stefano. In Miami, Fila will give her the keys: a special day coloured Ferrari red, like the lines of clothing and footwear that Fila has created for the Ferrari Marlboro Team and fans, used by the team
    until December 2004.

Don't you think she looks beutiful with her "rosso dress"?

16. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

17. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

TIM FOR A BREAK (and II)

It happened with the GTO, with the F40 and with the F50. Photographers and beautiful models can’t resist the temptation of the special Ferrari series. Who will be the first in do the same with the “Enzo”?

18. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

TIME FOR A BREAK (and II)

It happened with the GTO, with the F40 and with the F50. Photographers and beautiful models can’t resist the temptation of the special Ferrari series. Who will be the first in do the same with the “Enzo”?

19. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

GOTCHA!

The production of the Ferrari Enzo starts in the factory. I’ve found this new pictures of the Enzo in Maranello streets taken by SC.net members and posted in different forums.

20. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

This has to be one of the best threads on sc.net <!-- Signature -->

21. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

Oh, thank you!

22. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

yes i must admit this is a great forum. i'm just wonderin though. how come in some of hte supercar forums. the small picture that is displayed that can be enlarged, when it carries you to that link generates a different photograph. it happens ithe f50 GT forum as the new picture leads othe old f50gt forum and several others. but otherwise GREAT PICTURES!!!

23. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

Hey Homero nice man but i have to ask you is PapaFerrari your girl cuz like that pic you posted with you girl on top of the ferrari is under the man? and oh yea Great Job<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ImPoRtEr</i>
    <b>Hey Homero nice man but i have to ask you is PapaFerrari your girl cuz like that pic you posted with you girl on top of the ferrari is under the man? and oh yea Great Job</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Who is PapaFerrari? And what is Suchi doing with... it?

25. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

Who is PapaFerrari? And what is Suchi doing with... it?