Saleen S281 Mustang vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R

Discussion in '2000 Ford Saleen Mustang S-281' started by F50_Rulez, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Which car do you think will win?

2. Re: Saleen S281 Mustang vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R

Clearly the Saleen Mustang would rip a Standard R34 GT-R to shreads, lol.

Skylines dont have the best handling, they look bloody fantastic tho, and they have some (fair bit) of grunt. my guess is this Saleen wouldnt have the handling, but looks and grunt (alot of it) are bloody fantastic.

3. Re: Saleen S281 Mustang vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R

The skyline is an overrated car. It has YET to beat a Viper in any form of automotive racing.

4. Re: Saleen S281 Mustang vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R

too bad a G-Reddy 350Z will tear this stang a new asshole lol.
    G-Reddy Z 0-60 4.5.... 1/4 mile 12.6 ouch. still only a V6 3.5 TT vs 4.6 V8 S... pathetic..

5. Re: Saleen S281 Mustang vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R

nissan says the skyline GTR has 276HP (and we all know thats BS) in AUS. a 100% stock GTR was dynoed at 400HP to the wheels!!! so i'd say...

1/4:GTR
    track:GTR
    handling:GTR
    reliablity:GTR
    looks: IMO GTR
    luxary:GTR
    price:saleen
    seating: tie
    over all:GTR

the GTR will have a better 60 ft due to the 4wd, and a better top end, but the sleen would catch up in the middle.

on a track, the handling would play a big role, and the GTR would win, but it would be closer on the straights.

reliability, jap's always have been realy reliable, and american cars have not, so there ya go.

looks, to each is own.

luxary, u can get the GTR in leather, and it has all kinds of gizmo's most luxary cars would be lucky to have.

Price, the saleen is cheaper.

seating, they both have 2 front seats, and a bench in the back, and both r 2 doors. so it's a tie

and over all, the GTR is better.

6. Re: Saleen S281 Mustang vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R

thats a good Q. but i was thinking more of : this saleen vs. an M3>?

7. Re:

Skyline would smoke the saleen anywhere anytime

Skyline has 4 wheel drive and Atessa 4 wheel steering, it's got like one of the fastest times ever for any car around the Nurburgring.

And some skylines, depending on the order, have up to and over 1000hp.

8. Re: Saleen S281 Mustang vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R

but the viper [compared to each cars domestic markets] is $20,000 more. plus it has beat the viper in SEVERAL forms of auto-arcing, and events.

9. Re: Saleen S281 Mustang vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R

must people compare cars that shouldnt be compared... these two cars arent even in the same class

10. Re: Saleen S281 Mustang vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R

and even tho i would love to have a saleen for its power and unearthly sound... a skyline would make my life great... so badd

11. Re: Saleen S281 Mustang vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R

i think it's a good match up i think the saleen could beat the skyline but i also would not count out the skyline cus they are both very fast cars it should be a close race

12. Re: Saleen S281 Mustang vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R

I have the S281 and have smoked decked out M3's, and 350Z's all day. Not sure where you get your info, but not one has even shown me an ounce of savvy.

Numbers don't really matter when you are in the rear view...

13. Re: Saleen S281 Mustang vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R

What would win between a Skyling GT-R and a Saleen S-281? A good buddy of mine back in highschool has a Saleen S-281. Damn nice car, and pretty quick. When he isn't driving it. I live in Japan now thanks to the NAVY, so I'm around Skylines all the time. Not a bad car at all. And pretty quick. Depending again on who is driving it. I've beaten plenty of Mustangs and Camaros and other such cars like that in my BMW Z3 coupe. Then, I got my '96 Mustang GT. I've beaten plenty of Hondas, Nissans, and Toyotas in it. But, at the same time, I've been beaten in both cars. You can't use the stats the sites give you to compare cars in a race. Everyone drives differently. I love Mustangs. Safe to say that they are my favorite cars. I'd go for the Saleen, just for that reason. But the Skyline is still a damned nice car, and quick at that. But you get someone who went out and bought their GT-R, and someone who went out and bought a Saleen, then let them race. I'd have to give it to the Saleen, just because I've seen both cars in action with your average driver.

14. Re: Re:

the record is 7.19 at the N-Ring, and its not a skyline.

15. Re: Saleen S281 Mustang vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R

You ever been on a track? AWD is real fuzzy and all, but I was only running around 380rwhp and ate a Skyline at the Motorplex not 6 months ago. I was even running the small pulley on my SC and a bad tune job that left me at a ghastly 13 sec, with him way behind. All those issues and still finished first with a length to spare.

If you wanna bet the farm on a bolt-on modded Skyline, against my Pony, bring it to Texas...

16. Re: Saleen S281 Mustang vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R

No Skyline has 1000 horsepower stock. It might with a shitload of NOS and bolt-ons, but a Skyline without mods couldn't beat this.

17. Re: Saleen S281 Mustang vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R

First of this is a Saleen Mustang its got mods! vs a normal Skyline(basicly). The stang would win at the drag strip but a mustang has been know to lost to some sorry competion lately. Skyline would win at the track hands down so the skyline could do more that just run 1/4miles and your comparing it to a modded mustang! maybe a nismo skyline vs saleen mustang would be better.

18. Re: Saleen S281 Mustang vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R

Im just reffering to your sig, but if you are thinking about the same veloci i am then it has a top speed of 210 mph not 250. 250 mph with nos pressed every second. But im not sure if you are thinking about the same car. The one from midnite club 2. Tell if you r or not.

19. Re: Saleen S281 Mustang vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R

Hey thats was the topspeed with me i managed to out run a rocket car in a veloci no problem. Yes it was from midnight club2.

20. Are you sure when it was put to the dyno that it didn't have a nos kit and a turbo kit slapped on? The actuall hp rating for the stock skyline is 325 hp.Don't talk shit. Nissan says thier Skyline has 276 because the japanese government did not allow large production cars to have more then 300hp.

1/4: The mustang wins 13.4(with a slow driver) to 13.7
    Handling: The mustang is one of the best handling cars on the streets today according to about 50 million people in the US.
    Reliability: V8 over I6 kinda obvious
    looks: you own opinion
    Luxury: You have got to be kidding me and since your so smart(cough cough) learn how to spell luxury.
    Price: You got it(wow)
    Seating: What does seating have to do with anything?
    Overall: Saleen

I will admit that the japs have better technology, sometimes.

"reliability, jap's always have been realy reliable, and american cars have not, so there ya go"
    pfft, so there you not go. are you serious? Inline ANYTHING have always relied on the best of parts to power there engine. with the V8, you could just take a bunch of shit parts and slap them on.

"luxary, u can get the GTR in leather, and it has all kinds of gizmo's most luxary cars would be lucky to have."
    Uh, you can get just about anything put in your car if you want to like putting in white leather seats, gps system, on star, voice activated starter, electronic dash, ANYTHING.

And over all: Get your story straight because somebody that is smarter then you(which is everybody except retards)will come along and actually give the right information. PERIOD