Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

Discussion in '2000 Saleen S7' started by F50_Rulez, Sep 16, 2002.

1. I like to see this car go against my favourite car in an all-out performance contest.

2. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

shut up. Is that all anyone puts for a topic on these fast cars forum. This Car Vs. That Car,,,, opinions anyone? Stupid

3. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

i'd have to go for the Saleen it's IMO a much better car

4. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

Same here. S7 rules. Besides, they're easier to find and they don't even makes F50!

5. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

Hmmm, close but d go for the S7. Good race though.

6. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

Thats what these forums ar for, to compare cars and dibate or disuss them.

7. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

This forums are here for people to dibate and discuss.

8. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

i have both id know id go for the f-50

9. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

well, given a choice I'd take the S7, although I'm too lazy to start looking up stats for both to compare them. It'd be a good race though, and both would be fast enough for me

10. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

But then again F50's were made in 95 and this is a 2000 meaning it probably has newer technology on it.

11. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

I would go with the F50 because it is my favorite car ever, but i love the Saleen very much

12. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

Well, 67ShelbyGT500Mustang pretty much nailed it there. You're an idiot for criticizing someone on using the forums as they're supposed to. Without comparisons these forums would be pretty dull, so I think it's safe to say it's you should shut up.

As to the Saleen vs. the F50, I would put my money on the Saleen just because of it technological advance due it being years newer, not to mention the amount of downforce this car is capable of producing.

13. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

newer technology in what? the dry-sump oil system used(old tech), the 7.0L 427 pushrod v-8? older than ass tech....or the fact that it dont use carbon fiber but instead a cheaper and just as light and about 90% the strength of it and also about 70% cheaper?

naw in terms of technology the f50 kicks this things butt...but then again technology is something saleen dont really need to kick some real ass....yes some things are "high tech" but imo nothing near a ferrari high tech...

saleen gives u brute performance without to much technowizardry...

anyhow close race but in the end i would pic the s7 to be the victor

14. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

I gotta go with the F50 here are my reasons:
    1. My favorite car
    2. I like the interior more
    3. i like the exterior more
    4. I love a car with a V12, (not sayin V8 is bad)
    5. Top speed
    6. what more can i say, its a Ferrari

15. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

this site is too compare, criticize, and discuse.

16. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

Saleen S7, I rather american than european.

17. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

One of the few I know who would take American over European.

18. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

The F50 wins...

19. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

The Saleen S7 is great but the F50 is even better in my opinion.

20. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

this thread isn't about technology though, it's about which car is faster.

i'd take the F50 because i love both cars, but the F50 would probly win in performance.

21. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

22. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

performance wise they're pretty equal but i think the f50 would marginally out perform the s7

23. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

i'll take f50, just can't say no 2 a ferrari

24. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

I couldn't agree more,and it's my favorite car ever too!However other then the old pushrod(Dinosaur)engine this car is and looks pretty good for an American car,I'm impressed,lol
    As for the race it would be a close race in a straight line,but on a track with turns, I don't know the F50's handling and balance at the limit is very,very good.I don't know that much about this car nor it's handling(not saying it's bad)but I don't think it handles quite as good as the F50.

I have a video of an F50 being tested on a track and the commentator
    I believe it was jay Leno explains"For a car to handle like this at the limit it must have balance,at the limit of adhesion itfeels as if the car is on tiptoes dancing through the apex"

He also said that drivers(race car drivers)talk alot about balance,espacialy while cornering.

25. Re: Saleen S7 vs. Ferrari F50

lol