Saw a Ford GT on the street the other day

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by FerrariAKL, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Wow that thing was cool. I was at a soccer game and that bad boy rolled up. I heard it long before I saw it. This particular car was in Gulf Oil blue with navy stripes - interesting combination. It sounded like a freaking NASCAR at high rpm and had tons of low-end bass note as well. I don't know why all the magazines were complaining about the noise, as this sounded amazing.

The car just looks incredible in a parking lot filled with everyday mom-mobiles. It's just so out-of-place among Expeditions, minivans, and Camrys, its so low and wide.

2. Never heard of that color combo before. Did it look like a private person's car, or one of the prototypes?

3. No pictures huh? That color combo isn't even listed as an offering, I would really like to see it.

4. It was probably a replica of a GT40 and you were way to much of a n00b to tell. Gulf Oil sponsored one of the orginial GT40 race cars.

5. Exactly what I was thinking. Still cool as hell! I'd LOVE to build a GT40 kit car. Can't imagine driving a car only 40" tall.

6. I was thinking the same thing, but figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

7. retard, at least he knew it was a cool car. It was obviousaly an original GT 40 from the 60's or early 70's

8. They are for sale? I thought it was going to be a 2005 model so it was supposed to be released later this year.

9. I saw one at an auto show bout three years ago. Was a bright shade of yellow & very badass in person.

10. The only retard around here is you. There was no GT40 from the "early 70s". The last road going GT40 was built in 1969.

11. What are the color combos for the GT anyway? Just curious.

12. www.ford.com

13. Private car, it had proper VA liscence plates.

14. No, it was a real 2005 GT. I talked to my local Ford dealer the next day, and they said that they delivered that very car. I've seen the GT in photos countless times and I've seen it before at the Chicago Auto Show, plus I've seen more than enough GT40 replicars. The color combo really suprised me though. All I can figure was that it was a special order, because I don't think that color combo is available.

15. Awesome.

16. Ha! I bet I saw a GT before all of you! I saw one at a private exhibition at the Harvard Design School in 2001. J Mays brought a prototype there by himself, for an exhibition of his other work, including an Audi Avus.

17. Ha! I bet I saw a GT before all of you! I saw one at a private exhibition at the Harvard Design School in 2001. J Mays brought a prototype there by himself, for an exhibition of his other work, including an Audi Avus.