see why the yanks are so far behind??

Discussion in '2001 Pontiac Grand Am Hot Wheels Concept' started by Jag-waa, Aug 10, 2002.

1. this is well and truly sad. hot wheels???<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: see why the yanks are so far behind??

Well, we also made another Hot Wheels car real. It's got twin Chevy 502 cid V-8s with superchargers and makes over 1400 bhp. It's called the Twin Mill I:<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: see why the yanks are so far behind??

I don't want to step into this argument, but I just had to comment on Jag-waa's signature line. I love it! I'm going to use that one. Had me laughing for 10 minutes!

4. Re: see why the yanks are so far behind??

If the yanks are behind, you guys are #$%#ed. You see... we own all your asses. Jag is ford...

5. Re: see why the yanks are so far behind??

Tut tut now...... Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious. No need for that here. We're all friends here.

6. Re: see why the yanks are so far behind??

All poniacs suck, they are cheap cars and they are slow and junk. Anyone with a junky pontiac should go drive it into a river and let it rust more than it already has.

7. Re: see why the yanks are so far behind??

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Cheapcarhater</i>
    <b>All poniacs suck, they are cheap cars and they are slow and junk. Anyone with a junky pontiac should go drive it into a river and let it rust more than it already has.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Apparently this is a joke-- no one would willingly type this much stupidity.

8. Re: see why the yanks are so far behind??

Pontiacs suck compared to my awesome ride that you couldn't afford if you used the money you earn in 20 years. Ha ah ahah ah ahhha ahhah ah!

9. Re: see why the yanks are so far behind??

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Cheapcarhater</i>
    <b>Pontiacs suck compared to my awesome ride that you couldn't afford if you used the money you earn in 20 years. Ha ah ahah ah ahhha ahhah ah!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Sorry to inform you, but I have enough money on my desk right now to buy one of those little red wagons you are talking about. Do you get the dog to pull it around for you?

10. Re: see why the yanks are so far behind??

Pontiacs suck compared to my awesome ride that you couldn't afford if you used the money you earn in 20 years. Ha ah ahah ah ahhha ahhah ah! ..........................sorry to say but tour lil red rust bucket of a datsun pick up can paid for by the ppl handin out straws at mcdonalds

11. Re: see why the yanks are so far behind??

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from tha topp dogg</i>
    <b>Pontiacs suck compared to my awesome ride that you couldn't afford if you used the money you earn in 20 years. Ha ah ahah ah ahhha ahhah ah! ..........................sorry to say but tour lil red rust bucket of a datsun pick up can paid for by the ppl handin out straws at mcdonalds</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You know the funny thing is that he's probably 15 and can't even DRIVE a car. I find it hilarious that here on these SUPERCAR.Net boards that you all have these AMAZING high horsepower street machines. Yet when you guys talk about them, you know the terms, what to say and all, but yet, you can NEVER back it up. Pictures, Dyno sheets and Time slips that you can actually verify speak a thousand words.

<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: see why the yanks are so far behind??

hmm ......to tell you the truth...most of the top performance racers are actually American and European cars. I seldom seem Jap racers gets to the top.....are the yanks behind?.....u make the choice^^

13. Re: see why the yanks are so far behind??

i think us americans just do what we do best... not that this car is an example... but we make good cars that go very fast in a strait line... and with the proper adjustments to the suspension also through turns... plus american cars are alot cheaper that most imports, and if you want an example of an american car that beats all the expensive imports, look no further than vector

14. Re: see why the yanks are so far behind??

Hit the nail on the head.

15. Re: see why the yanks are so far behind??

no creo que sean taaaaaaan malos, es decir, miren el Trans Am Formula Coupe, pero igual son autos estadounidenses, (no americanos, USA no es américa, les duela lo que les duela) es como decir que los mejores vinos salen de ruanda, es un absurdo, ellos hacen sus autos y son felices, italia hace sus autos y son grandes, es cuestión de percepción, todo esta bien siempre y cuando sepan donde estan paradas y no se les cree una nube en la cabeza como todo esos musscle car lovers

16. Re: see why the yanks are so far behind??

El Ford GT40 solo por curiosidad? No te gusta el gusta el carro o que?

17. Re: see why the yanks are so far behind??

Who here has actually driven a Grand Am? I own a 2002 Grand Am GT with the 175 Hp 3.4 Liter V6. I love that car it has never let me down it gets good gas mileage and runs 15.8s in the 1/4, STOCK! This car is quicker than all of you guys think. Also stop trashing American cars. We're in a different market than you europeans. Americans like different types of cars that you do. American cars don't need all of the bells and whistles imports need to make them look better. American cars are reliable, last a long time, and cost a hell of a lot less than imports. You guys shouldn't bite the hand that feeds, because GM and Ford own alot of the import car company's. For example, GM owns: Saab, Opel, Holden, Vauxhall, and now owns a part of Toyota (hint: Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix). Ford owns: Jaguar, Aston Martian, Land Rover, and Volvo.

18. Re: see why the yanks are so far behind??

its not a cheap car..iv seen plenty of nice pontiacs..4 example..my dad rented a pontiac grand prix gt in wisconsin when i visited my uncle..this year..nd we hit 106 b4 my cop radar went off..we wer still accelerating..dont call them slow they perform fine

19. Re: see why the yanks are so far behind??

a bunch of hot wheels have been made into real cars(but not into production cars).

20. Re: see why the yanks are so far behind??

Ya, Ive Got a 1999 Grand Am GT, Black one, there fast, and ive have a few fall aparts here and there (Door, Seat, Anti-Freez Tank Cracked)But i love this car, its great, my mom gave it to me!

21. Re: see why the yanks are so far behind??

Actually the car "Grand Am" responds very well to a turbo and there is a kit soon to be available. Funny enough there was a European company selling billet throttle bodies for it but they failed so A California based company is now making them. Hmm and much better.

The car is begging to be screamer.

All true car enthusiasts know its the raw power and lack of refinement that makes the American sports car an adrenalin rush VS an accessory that matches your clothing.

Dodge viper??? Don’t tell me you haven’t test drove one. ??

They are a blast and a good example of raw power and fun.

What about the 1000 plus hp in a Cadillac CTS. Yes it exists. No you cant by it from the dealership that way but there are companies willing to make it for you and it is “real”. Oh and the rest of the ero trash will not be driving one.

Gm makes conservative cars and really leave’s you with a tunable and modifiable platform you get to make yours. Individuality is king in the US and unlike the rest of the lemmings we like to make our cars distinctly ours. So yes many entry cars are low on power or exciting numbers but with a bit of basic knowledge outside of the info fed to you by your favorite review you would know the 3.4l or 3.5 can take on 320 odd hp with a turbo in the 9pound range. Not earth shattering but the cost is much lower than most imports and if the need arises it can be made much much faster.. Or if a individual wishes they can make it whatever they want with the money they saved by not paying a European to design there image for them..

Gm, Ford,Or Chrysler could make equally impressive cars as European companies but this would leave no cars for the common person and no room for individuality. Instead they buy the European car companies.

The ford focus was a European (ford) car for many years before it came to the US , never did it get the attention or modifications as it has in the US because the Europeans were told by the car producer it was a economy grocery getter and wala it stayed that way. Lol lemmings.

US ingenuity had an American tinkerer modify the car into a Monster V8 in no time at all, yes seems like ford liked the idea as much as the public.

So as nice as a refined car can be, Nice is not what American performance is about. When did nice win a race?

Have a nice day.