sevenspeedracebarge blog kind of thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sixspeedfirebird, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Best lap of the weekend, 1.31.58. Instructor friend of mine was turning 1.22s in his new ZL1 and 1.28s in his stock power, race prepped NB Miata.

Data logger is decent, but slightly delayed on the gear changes and such, still, fun to see.

PGN1 likes this.
  2. i want to see baby dranos reaction video to this video

3. I dont post my kids on line, the worst I have is them from the back on my manly shoulders

to be fair she reacts the same to the singing lion

sixspeedfirebird likes this.
  4. singing lion probably could have cracked 1:30 tho

xDRAN0x, Veyronman and ETB4U like this.
  5. Well, today makes two years with the car. Will have to go for a drive to celebrate.

Hopefully nothing explodes as the extended warranty is expired now :x

[​IMG]

Veyronman likes this.
  6. This thread is two years old? When did we get V4?

7. Other than the starter motor (I think?) has anything else gone wrong that was covered by the warranty?

8. RIP M5

9. Nope, that was it. Forget the exact cost, $2,800ish I think, but it paid out $14xx. First and last time I'll have an extended warranty.

10. I take it from that you're technically out of pocket (warranty cost more than the money saved)?

I'm always reminded of Doug DeMuro's $5000 used Aston Martin warranty that paid for itself within 1000 miles haha

11. Correct, cost more than it paid out. In a way I was almost hoping it would go totally FUBAR while under the warranty so I could have a lot of nice shiny parts, but then I'm sure they would've fought me for every penny.

12. Yeah that's the annoying thing about these extended warranties it seems. You pay through the nose for it, then you have to argue the point whenever something breaks so they actually pay out what they said they would. Seems liike a lot of unnecessary stress.

Would have been nice to have a new Diff out of it or something, haha

13. Especially after seeing your racecar vids.

Veyronman likes this.
  14. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

[​IMG]

16. Edit: LS swap or swap a Viper motor. Or swap it FWD with K24 motor to make it real fast.

17. get something lighter for the track

18. Looks like it's nothing major, just another lambda sensor. $110 per side.

That's probably what I'll do. Basic Impreza or something for everyday duty, C5 Z06 or 987 Cayman for track/autocross use.

WhiteChocolateWorld and SEABEE like this.
  19. Hi liitle oxygen sensor, won't you please come out and play?

No? Ok then :'(

....should've just done headers.
    [​IMG]

20. Autocrossed again today, ended up 37th out of 75 overall with a 45.9. Car definitely had some 44s runs in it, but I only got one clean run out of five all day. There was a Chicago Box that (we later found out) was tighter than regulations should have allowed and it caught me out on 4 of my 5 runs, just couldn't get the big sedan through there cleanly with any speed at all.

[​IMG]

21. Caught a friend of mine wiping out the cones around said Chicago box, it was a real struggle for everyone all day.

[​IMG]

ETB4U likes this.
  22. really glad to see this has given you little trouble and you find your way to autox. how many miles have you put into it?

23. I've put about 32,000 on it in 25 months. A lot more than I ever expected.