Should America/the world attack Syria?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by IdoL, Aug 27, 2013.

1. If islamist rebels were so good with chemical weapons there would have been equivalent attacks to this in Iraq/Afghanistan/Egypt/Yemen etc. But there weren't. Just face it: government attack.

2. During my time on SC.net, I've served in the army and voted twice.

3. coming from a bloke that can only speak in absolutes this is laughable.

4. Actually, I voted 3 times. Damn government.

5. Neither. I'm just wasting time/having fun discussing world politics. Problem?

6. seems i was right all along. russia has proof that the "rebels aka terrorists" were the ones using the gas and not assad.

makes way more sense.

7. actually quite sad that only mr putin is the one with the right mindset.

8. #109 The Niggar King, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  9. #111 Baklava, Sep 3, 2013
  10. Oh great reliable proof you have there.

Russia is just as politically motivated in this as the United States are, probably even moreso.

11. Helped rebuild a house for Habitat for Humanity, donate blood, and donate to the food bank and USO. Your turn.

12. I joined a bunch of Islamists to take the next plane to Beirut and participate in the civil war.

**** your food bank, I will spill more blood than you can donate in a lifetime.

13. "I will spill more blood than you can donate in a lifetime."
    Bwahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahha
    I less than three you

14. more of these pictures are popping up all the time........ US citizens say no, US military personnel say no. No more war.

15. What's the situation like in congress? Is it looking like they'll approve action ot not? And if not, do you think the President will go ahead with it anyway?

EDIT: Emperor*

16. So many brain farts in this thread

17. So AMURKA has gone pacifist now ? Funny how people loose their BAALLLSSS when there is actual danger. This situation is disgusting.

18. I wonder what his rationale for joining the Marines was. Probably something silly, gay and naïve, like straight out of a wartime propaganda poster.

19. #121 nappyjb37, Sep 4, 2013
    There looks like there is support for some manner of action, but no 'boots on the ground'. It appears still to be action from a distance, likely with no effect on the civil war.

edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23967190

20. Maybe he doesn't like terrorists.

21. #123 V8stangman, Sep 4, 2013
    U.S. Senate panel approves resolution on Syria military strikes

White House praises committee vote, which sets 60-day limit on any Syria engagement and bars use of U.S. ground troops in combat operations.

The U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee approved a resolution on Wednesday authorizing a limited U.S. military intervention in Syria, setting the stage for a debate in the full Senate next week on the use of military force.

The committee voted 10-7 in favor of a compromise resolution that sets a 60-day limit on any engagement in Syria and bars the use of U.S. troops on the ground for combat operations.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/1.545466

22. 10-7

What a smashing majority

and ofcourse it will have effect on the civil war

23. A lot of republicans are opposing this war. Oh the irony.