Should Scaglietti get a chance to style future Ferrari?

Discussion in '1962 Ferrari 250 GTO' started by Scuderium, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Should Scaglietti get a chance to style future Ferrari?

Scaglietti does more building of body panels than styling...<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Should Scaglietti get a chance to style future Ferrari?

i think zagato<!-- Signature -->

3. Should other styling houses be allowed to body Ferrari's future models? Pininfarina designs are getting tired. Should Scaglietti or Zagato be be brought in?<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Should Scaglietti get a chance to style future Ferrari?

maybe... <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Should Scaglietti get a chance to style future Ferrari?

NOOOOOOO! THEY SCREWED IT UP THE FIRST TIME! sO why should they make even more ugly cars to pollute the world?

6. Re: Should Scaglietti get a chance to style future Ferrari?

well said

7. Re: Should Scaglietti get a chance to style future Ferrari?

Huh?

8. Re: Should Scaglietti get a chance to style future Ferrari?

i can care less who does it, as long as they make it look good, because Ferrari is about style, speed, and greatness

9. Re: Should Scaglietti get a chance to style future Ferrari?

This is a beautiful piece of automotive artwork. If only Ferarri could rejuvenate this design in a new FR coupe that could compete with Aston Martins and such.

10. Re: Should Scaglietti get a chance to style future Ferrari?

2002 Ferrari Enzo

11. Re: Should Scaglietti get a chance to style future Ferrari?

Won't happen because the replacements for the 550/575M and 456 are going to be MR to compete with the Murcielago.

12. Re: Should Scaglietti get a chance to style future Ferrari?

The Enzo is Hidious! and i think id be a bad idea for diffrent modelrs

13. Re: Should Scaglietti get a chance to style future Ferrari?

hey, its not.

14. Re: Should Scaglietti get a chance to style future Ferrari?

if its so ugly why is it one of the most desired cars among rich people

15. Re: Should Scaglietti get a chance to style future Ferrari?

Because rich people don't have taste,they have fat wallets.I think the Enzo is ugly too,but that doesn't mean it's a bad car,just an ugly car.Well atleast in my opinion it's ugly,but everybody has different tastes so whatever.Let's just say,I would never buy it.

16. Re: Should Scaglietti get a chance to style future Ferrari?

Pininfarina have done a good job but some competition might push them to produce even better desiens. Zagato did some beautiful work in the 50's and 60's it would be great to see some of ther talant reemerge. Scaglietti refined the original body work for the 250 GTO which was made by Scuderia. How much i dont know. If they did a lot to improve it then they should get a lot of credit and should get more opportunities to show there talent.

17. Re: Should Scaglietti get a chance to style future Ferrari?

Whose the jackass that said the 456 would be replaced with a MR car?

Firstly, the 456 was a 4 seater, a 2+2. Unlikely to see a 2+2 mid engine car, from anyone, ever. Lambo even did a concept and it looked like garbage. THe packaging simply doens't work out.

On a mid-engine 2+2 you would have to have the front and rear passengers, AND the engine all between the axles. That would make for a massively long wheelbase. On a front engine, the engine is over the front axle, givng that extra room, while the rear passengers can be moved back towards teh rear axle.

(I would have said this even before I knew the 456 was repalced by teh 612, a front engined car)

The 575 is also not likely to be replaced with a mid-engine. Ferrari makes their entry model a harder-edged MR sport model, then their two front engined GT's (2 and 4 seat) then the upper mid engine car is the Ltd Edition. F40, F50, Enzo. THey have a long line of building front engine, V12 grandtourers, and they're not about to change to 'compete' with Lamborghini (and the 456 doens't compete with the Lambo to begin with, but more with Aston's DB's, who's numbers aren't large enough to really concern them anyway)

Part of their bit is pretending that they're not competing at all, but just doing their own thing. With teh Enzo they intentionally did not go after the top speed thing. With teh 360's successor, I'm guessing that they'll intentionally NOT match the Gallardo's 500hp. I think they'll go mid-high 400's (say a 4.2L, 460hp V8?), because an outright HP race would cheapening themselves by competing with lesser brands.

18. Re: Should Scaglietti get a chance to style future Ferrari?

"Unlikely to see a 2+2 mid engine car, from anyone, ever."

Hmmm, that's funny, cause the Ferrari Mondial 8 was a mid-engined 2+2.

19. Re: Should Scaglietti get a chance to style future Ferrari?

Ferrari will be looking for more from Scaglietti in the future- especially after the beautiful 2004 612 Scaglietti coupe. Scaglietti (the man) was an excellent machinist when it came to aluminium, which was a big craze in the racing world in the early sixties. Aluminum is perfect material for the future because it is the cheapest quality material of such light weight (it is the strongest and lightest metal per dollar).

20. Re: Should Scaglietti get a chance to style future Ferrari?

a smart answer to a question so stupid it shouldn't have even been asked.

21. agreed

22. agreed

23. if the 612 was seriously styled by the company it's named after, ZAGATO ZAGATO ZAGATO!

24. scaletti DID style a car for ferrari befor. it just lookd ugly thats all