Sick of BMW

Discussion in '2001 BMW M5' started by V12, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Sick of BMW

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Kipenstien the Great</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from V12</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMWMPower1</i>
    <b></b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->And also the new SL55 AMG that had a higher top speed than the Lambo Murciélago in an Autocar test. boring.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Mercedes went 202mph, the murcielago went 205mph. Like I said being an F1 fan I have been to races in the last years, and anyone who went last year got to see the Sl55 rip around Indy. awsome car</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->The SL55 went 338 km/h, the Murciélago 330 km/h. The SL55 was faster.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Sick of BMW

WHOS GIVES A SHIT ABOUT A LOTUS! I MEAN BMW MAKES THE BEST AND MOST TECHNLOGICAL ADVANCED CARS THROUGHT THE WHOLE WHOLE! LOTUS DOESNT MAKE A ANYTHING LIKE THE M5! THE ONLY REASON WHY THE LOTUS WAS AHEAD WAS THE LOTUS IS A SPORTS CAR PROBABLY 2 AND THE M5 IS A SEDAN THAT PROBABLY WEIGHS A LOT MORE THAN THE LOTUS! THE M5 KILLS AND SEDAN OUT THERE!! <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Sick of BMW

i meant to write Kipenf a g<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Sick of BMW

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from V12</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Kipenstien the Great</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from V12</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMWMPower1</i>
    <b></b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->And also the new SL55 AMG that had a higher top speed than the Lambo Murciélago in an Autocar test. boring.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->The SL55 went 338 km/h, the Murciélago 330 km/h. The SL55 was faster.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I have the godamn issue in my hands. Lamborghini 205mph, mercedes 202mph. oh and to the other guy, BMW 10 years newer than Lotus's carlton, hmm of course the bmw is going to have more technology. Go download the video of the lotus fleeing the swedish police, than download the M5 fleeing the police. Lotus is gone like a cannon-ball,M5 slowly but surely. And don't give me shit about the difference in police cars. M5 is a wave making boat<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Sick of BMW

WHO GIVES A SHIT!!
    <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Sick of BMW

There is no such thing as a crappy BMW!!!!

7. Re: Sick of BMW

Yeah your right, the BMW has alot more room for your man!
    theesses new BMWssss are sssupper. up your ass an 2 doors down.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Sick of BMW

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Kipenstien the Great</i>
    <b>Listen my Brother has owned them and so has everyone else. So typical always the same. And if you think your M5 is fast ha. Quote from a well know auto magazine. "We decided to race an 8 year old Lotus Carlton vs a 2001 BMW M5." "By 100mph the lotus was 10 car lengths a head."
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

If you feel sick of BMW, get the **** out of this forum...<!-- Signature -->

9. Listen my Brother has owned them and so has everyone else. So typical always the same. And if you think your M5 is fast ha. Quote from a well know auto magazine. "We decided to race an 8 year old Lotus Carlton vs a 2001 BMW M5." "By 100mph the lotus was 10 car lengths a head."
    <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Sick of BMW

The BMW is also more comfortable. Straight line isn't what matters. I know the lotus carlton can handly but so can the m5. Besides, the engine is the most advanced V8 in the world. It is absolutely mesmerizing. You are sick of BMWs because you have not driven them much. Drive them and you'll appreciate them. This is the perfect car, tied with the m3.

11. Re: Sick of BMW

And apples taste different than oranges.....

Stupid!!!!

12. Re: Sick of BMW

Sorry, the M5 will smoke any stock sedan out there. Every car magazine I have read has backed that up. The only thing that the Lotus Carlton can claim is it's top speed and that is irrelevent since the M5 can reach 185 mph. without the governor according to Automobile. The Carlton is a nice car, but the M5 has 10 extra years of technology and refinement on it, plus the amazing chassis, suspension, and engine knowledge of BMW and better looks to boot.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Sick of BMW

Hey, i drove an m5
    you don't know the m5... pure responsive power. Maybe that lotus is a faster car... who cares. I've only driven one lotus, so i can't say much about them, the espirt i drove seemed like a budget ferrari/lamb rough and rigged, not refined, but robust. the m5 is the shit. I floored it threw first gear and i said holy shit that was awesome. go and try to test drive an m5 it is a rocket.

14. Re: Sick of BMW

Sick of BMW? Come on now. They build the most technologically advanced cars out there and always have neat designs. If you wanna see a boring car company look at Mercedes.

15. Re: Sick of BMW

I totally agree the m5 is the best stock sedan out there and it truely hauls ass..it can fly even with its additional weight it is teh equalivelant of a freakin covette...do people understand that..u can carry 5 people in the car...4 comfy and go just as fast as a vette...not a z06 which are super fast....not from this planet but the bmw has more refinement and is just a better car..L8rz

16. Re: Sick of BMW

Just got back from test driving an M5. carbon black, blue sports leather. Floor the throttle in second, sounds like a NASCAR.

Like they say, BMW - The Ultimate Driving Experience<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: Sick of BMW

BMW Motorsport make great cars. But I think Motorsport needs to rethink their direction. Their new car's have TOO much refinement. They don't have the raw edge that the E30 Evo III has which is regarded as the best handling BMW ever, or the earlier M5's, sure the new model's are quicker. But each new model has an extra 2 cylinder's than the model's they are based on.

M division really needs to consider a stripped out M3 CSI, not with carbon fibre to drop the weight down a few hundred kilos, but scrap the traction control, and all the electronics and give customers a chance to drive the car. Nothing would bring a bigger smile to a driver's face than a stripped out raw E46 M3.

18. Re: Sick of BMW

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMWMPower1</i>
    <b>Sick of BMW? Come on now. They build the most technologically advanced cars out there and always have neat designs. If you wanna see a boring car company look at Mercedes.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Well I wouldn't call the new 7 very attractive. I'd much rather have a S class. And the new E55 AMG will have 476 hp and a six speed manual transmission and a much stiffer chassis. Not exciting enough? And the new upcoming SLR with 560 hp and 800 Nm torque and less than 1500 kg. Not exciting? And also the new SL55 AMG that had a higher top speed than the Lambo Murciélago in an Autocar test. Not exciting? I like BMW but I prefer Mercedes and they surely aren't boring.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: Sick of BMW

Alright alright some make valid points. Sorry the test was 0-120 and the lotus was ahead by 10 car lenghts. I am an big fan of F1 racing. now if BMW can put their money where their mouth is and put a gasoline based V-10 in the next M5. They would once again have my deep affection! does anyone agree?<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: Sick of BMW

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from V12</i>

The Mercedes went 202mph, the murcielago went 205mph. Like I said being an F1 fan I have been to races in the last years, and anyone who went last year got to see the Sl55 rip around Indy. awsome car<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: Sick of BMW

<b>Listen my Brother has owned them and so has everyone else. So typical always the same. And if you think your M5 is fast ha. Quote from a well know auto magazine. "We decided to race an 8 year old Lotus Carlton vs a 2001 BMW M5." "By 100mph the lotus was 10 car lengths a head."
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    The Lotus and the M5 are different cars with different purposes. The M5 is the fastest Saloon car in the world and it combines grade A handling, design, interior, and ride. The Lotus is just meant for speed and handling. If you compare a Lotus Carlton to a Z8, then the Z8 will smoke it guaranteed. A comparison between a Lotus Carlton and a Z8 is fair: They are both roadsters!!!<!-- Signature -->

22. #22 BMW M5, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Sick of BMW

BMW M, I take it you don't actually have a clue what a Lotus Carlton is?
    I'll take pity on you here, and suggest you follow this link to see what was the World's Fastest Production Saloon http://www.mcp-motorsport.co.uk/lotus_carlton.htm
    <!-- Signature -->

23. Re: Sick of BMW

Haven't been here in a while. oh I see it is the same old shit! Your right I have no clue what the lotus (Omega)Carlton is. thanks for the link you friggin idiot.
    suck on these as well<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: Sick of BMW

About a year ago I drove a BMW 540I with the sport handling package in the BMW test drive for breast cancer event. The 540 has 292hp and like 324 lb/ft of torque. Needless to say it was a blast to drive. The fact that the M5 has over 100 more hp speaks volumes about the kind of fun that you could have in one. Any car that can carry 5 people comfortably and hit 60 in under 5 seconds gets two thumbs up from me. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that he M5 employs some of the most technologically advanced electronics systems and engineering designs in the world.

25. #25 geese, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Sick of BMW

wow i had never heard of the lotus carlson before this. as for the original post i beleive you posted this comment in the wrong forum.
    the magazine article you refer to is probably comparing the LC to the E34 M5 and not the E39 M5. the E39 m5 does 0-60 in 4.8, and the quarter mile in 13.2. the lotus carlson does 0-60 in 5.1, and the quarter mile in 13.5 @111mph. so in order for it to be 10 car legnths ahead at 120mph after losing in the quarter mile it would need a nitrous boost. the LC doesn't have a speed limiter so its top speed is 176mph. im not sure what the top speed of the m5 is ungoverned, but with the governor it is limited to 155mph.
    i am however very impressed by this lotus saloon from the '90s that is so close in performance with the new m5.
    here is a link to a page where you can find performance stats on the lotus carlton:
    http://www.lotus-carlton.co.uk/