Similarity

Discussion in '1992 Bizzarrini BZ-2001 Concept' started by AnthonyA9, Aug 9, 2002.

1. The headlights look eerily similar to the Ferrari 360 Modena, yet the 360 was made 7 years later. Ferrari robbery, or coincidence?<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Similarity

coincidence I think...
    <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Similarity

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PeP</i>
    <b>coincidence I think...
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    definetely coincidence. Maybe Ferrari stole this car's design...<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Similarity

It kinda looks like a Corvette Indy

5. Re: Similarity

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PorscheBoy09</i>
    <b>It kinda looks like a Corvette Indy</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->it kind of does.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Similarity

Actually, now that you mention it they do! I think it might be coincidence, but maybe not. Bizzarrini made several Ferrari designs if memory serves me right, back in the 60s, before branching off to his own. Not only the headlights, but the split front grille, the front fender curves, the rear top air intake near the cockpit, the main side air intake (look closely, it seems to be an oversized Ferrari 360 Modena intake) and the cover between the seatbacks and the engine bay. Definite similarities, but whether or not Ferrari copied the design is a mystery. It sure is interesting to note!<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Similarity

This Bizzarrini guy probably got snapped up by pinifarina.. who design all of ferraris recent cars. That wouldn't suprise me at all.

8. Re: Similarity

This car looks like lots of thimgs. Everyone may have stolen styling ques from it.

9. Re: Similarity

I read about this car a long time ago and if memory serves me right it was a totaled ferrari testarosa that some celebrity had bizzarini re-body. SO what is a "lamborghini" V12 doing in a car that originally had a Ferrari V12, I think someone here made a mistake.

10. Re: Similarity

no mistake two other sites have the lamborghini V12 as the engine for this car<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Similarity

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from imprezawrx14</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PeP</i>
    definetely coincidence. Maybe Ferrari stole this car's design...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yeah it's a coincidence<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Similarity

It could've been a project to see if the people would like the cars design back in 92, and if it got some kind of good feedback Bizzarrini could've sold the design to Ferrari, or maybe Ferrari was behind it the whole time...
    Whatever it is, it's a pretty odd coincidence.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Similarity

wow. i was gonna post a message on my own about the similarity of the design of this car and that of the modena, but then i realized there are alot of car freaks who have seen it first. but on topic..it totally does look like the new spyder at a glance...including the lights, side intake, cockpit, and intake near cockpit. i would love to see the rear because that would provide beneficial info on the similarities too. but oh well.

14. Re: Similarity

not a coincidence think about it a ferrari designer saw this car a small brand with only two cars in production @ the time and got some ideas not really that hard to concieve

15. Re: Similarity

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from imprezawrx14</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PeP</i>
    definetely coincidence. Maybe Ferrari stole this car's design...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

lol gayrod. That makes a lot of sense!

16. Re: Similarity

A Lambo V12 engine with only 360bhp?
    That's a bit low.
    <!-- Signature -->

17. Re: Similarity

id take it and beat the hell out of it<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Similarity

This looks like a 360 spider with oversized side intakes, a slightly different front end, and nasty rims. Kind of ironic that a car called the 360 looks like a car made years before it with a nearly identical 0-60 and top end, all from ..... 360(!) HP. I doubt that's a coincidence, though. Come on, Ferrari. I know you can do better than that. Yet another platform car from GM (who owns FIAT, who owns Ferrari). Unless this Bizzarini guy was in on the 460's design, there's no excuse for that.

19. Re: Similarity

yes it looks similar the shape though was mainly dictated by how many lights there are and how much glass is needed to cover them in order to keep the front strealined (if you catch my drift)<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: Similarity

looks like one of those panoz cars<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: Similarity

Yes. It very much resembles panoz's designs.<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: Similarity

To BENTLEY, here are the pics of the rear u wanted

also with the lights debate, how many cars have front lights that look the same, go on go out for a drive and look, nearly all of them. no whilst i wouldnt say the lights of this car or the 360modena arnt the same as every other car on the roads im sure there are quite a few cars with very similar lights, eg. Aston Martin db7<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: Similarity

i cud rip this with a classic car 1900's hehe

24. Re: Similarity

It also kind of looks like a Mazda Miata with a wide-body kit and some huge air intakes. Obviously they did not design the car, so I wonder who did style the car for them.

25. Many many websites list this car as powered by a lambo v-12. They are wrong.It was commissioned by Barry Watkins, who went out and purchased a slightly used 1987 Ferrari Testarossa, after getting Mr Bizzarini interested in the prodject. It is a carbon fiber body (very rare in 1992) and is almost completely custom. A few of the Ferrari interior buttons and what-not are visible from the drivers seat. The chassis is all Ferrari, modified, as is the entire drivetrain. It is as wide as a miata is long. It was modified to make it run cooler (larger intakes and vents in the humps behind the seats) It is registered as a Ferrari. How do I know? It is currently at the shop I work in, awaiting parts.