Since I had a nervous breakdown...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Enigma Lips, Dec 30, 2004.

1. in Asia you are only properly old when you have passed 100.

2. Irregarless, you look 100 when you're 40

3. Irregarless, they look 100 when you're 40

4. You're the kind of person
    You meet at certain dismal dull affairs.
    Center of a crowd, talking much too loud
    Running up and down the stairs.
    Well, it seems to me that you have seen too much in too few years.
    And though you've tried you just can't hide
    Your eyes are edged with tears.

5. nervous breakdown... its aparently a new diagnosis so doctors and drug companies can take your money.

Get real, outsmart them.

6. Although not a medical term, the phrase "nervous breakdown" is often used by laymen to describe a sudden and acute attack of mental illness e.g. clinical depression, anxiety disorder, etc. in a previously outwardly healthy person. Breakdowns are the result of chronic and unrelenting nervous strain, and not a sign of weakness. Like any machine, the human body will start to malfunction when put under too much stress. In common usage the term "nervous breakdown" does not have a clinical definition and no reputable doctor would use it in serious diagnosis, instead focusing on definite symptoms and underlying causes. One common diagnosis used in this case is brief reactive psychosis.

Some commentators claim that a nervous breakdown can actually be a good thing in the long run, because (a) it forces the person to take a proper time-out to rest and recuperate and (b) the patient will have to deal with the issues that caused the breakdown in order to recover fully.

Causes of breakdown include chronic and unresolved grief, unemployment, career changes and other work stress, serious or chronic illness in a family member, divorce, death of a family member, and other sudden major life changes.

7. No doctor said I had a nervous breakdown. I have been suffering a clinical level of depression for the past couple years, and especially in the past 6 months or so.

8. Just knock it off.

9. I don't believe you, for some reason.

10. Here's my drugs.

I got kicked out of my unversity, gained 50lbs, and started doing fun drugs again. It recently led to my threshold.

11. It's just a dopomine stimulant, more or less. It's alot like doing a small amount of coke a couple times a day. I seems to make me really edgy though.

12. Why did you get kicked out of uni?

13. Because he gained 50Ibs.

14. How did you get kicked out of uni? Cheating? Sexual assault?

15. p.s. Send Gambala some in the mail.

16. Only women have nervouse breakdowns. The only time it would be acceptable for a man to have one is in front line battle. Then it's given a man's name: combat fatigue.

17. its used to treat ADHD hmm i wonder why i wasnt given that as well along with my ADDERALL XR.

18. ADHD, lower back pain, smoking cessation, cocaine addiction and depression.

19. Adderall xr is just speed.

20. yet i dont smoke it. it actually has the same stuff as speed(ie high etc.)

21. Why did you get kicked out of uni?

22. Lay off ESP. Just because he choses to get medical attention for his problems doesn't make him less a man....

A real man would have drowned his probles in Alcohol, but I am guessing he already tried that.

23. good luck with getting your shit together ESP. i had a nervous breakdown/depressional stage a couple of years back when i moved from toronto to this small town near vancouver(before i moved to vancouver) so i kinda have an idea where you come from.