single turbo....NOT bi-turbo..

Discussion in '1999 Blitz Skyline GT-R R348' started by veilsided921, Aug 10, 2002.

1. this babe's got a single turbo...
    not stock bi-turbo....
    CAN anybody explain why they did this? in technical terms?
    i really like to know.

and..why did they name this car R348 when it only achived 343?
    348 was their initial aim...

<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: single turbo....NOT bi-turbo..

I saw your post and thought id help you with your question. Twin turbo setups are better for high performance street applications than in the search for ultimate power. One large turbo will give better top end performance than a twin turbo, and as this car is looking for that sort of result, the single large turbo is better suited. Thats not to say that a twin turbo will not produce decent power, just that it is easier to get large power from a single rather than a twin.

3. Re: single turbo....NOT bi-turbo..

wow is this the nerd forum? come on. we need some cool people here so i deceided to come. you losers can leave now. the playa has arrived!

4. Re: single turbo....NOT bi-turbo..

its not a single turbo...and yes this car did hit 348....on a public road....which is not the stats they show, yes, but this was tested by a company that tuned this car (blitz) the stats shown are not the stats that blitz would show

5. Re: single turbo....NOT bi-turbo..

what are you talking about of course its a single turbo. they use one large turbo to generate the massive amount of power that this does. sacrifice the bottome end for top end power. the turbo on this sucker probably doesn't even kick in till like 4000 rpms.

6. Re: single turbo....NOT bi-turbo..

They could have still gotten 850hp with 2 turbos and a lower spool-up time/rpm.

7. #7 Maqe, Sep 1, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: single turbo....NOT bi-turbo..

umm, you need to take a look at www.exvitermini.com
    This guy has like 1350bhp with a twin turbo installation, so that's not the issue.
    It's more likely that it's cheaper and perhaps somewhat easier to do with a single turbo. (that's at least what I've heard from a professional supra tuner)

8. Re: single turbo....NOT bi-turbo..

imho its twin turbo. they work in sequental mode - first comes the smaller one than the biger. thats why max hp is on 9300 rpm. if there was this huge turbo lag as you say, makeing 0-60 in 3 sec would be impossible (i think)

9. Re: single turbo....NOT bi-turbo..

YA SUPRA WILL SMOKE THIS.BUT IF U RACE FOR 40 MILES ROLL ON OR FOR TOPSPEED!!!SUPRA HAS DISADVANTAGE IN 0-60 AND PERFECT IN TOPSPEED IF U HAVE KAZAA CHECK THE SUPRA VEILSIDE VS SKYLINE VEILSIDE...SKYLINE WINS IN 0-400M BUT GETS SMOKED IN 0-1000M(SO SUPRA IS THE BEST)IF U DONT BELIVE THIS CHECK THE SUPRA VEILSISE VS F40....F40 GOES IN 1000M BUT SUPRA SMOKES IN ITS TOP SPEED(SUPRA WINS) TOP SPEED OF F40 IN THE TRAC 306KM SUPRA 318!!!!!!!!!!! SO CHOOSE SUPRA OH AND THIS SUPRA WAS GOR 990HP.NOW CHECK THE FULLY MODIFIED SUPRA VEILSIDE FOR 1039HP AND TORQUE FOR 1239 WATS ITS TOPSPEED GOD KNOWS
    check 2004 supra v6 3.5 twin turbo, v8 twin turbo ,v10 twin turbo.

10. Re: single turbo....NOT bi-turbo..

As I understand it the Twin Turbos work paralell.
    And you can get a really good 0-60 with a bir turbo lag, the secret is called "Launch Control".

11. Re: single turbo....NOT bi-turbo..

There's no opinion about it....the Blitz is a single setup.

One big KKK turbo.

Although they could have done just as well with twin 3875's or 3037's....

Stop your whining.

12. Re: single turbo....NOT bi-turbo..

Yup, you are right. The Blitz Skyline has one HUGE turbo. A stock Skyline GT-R has a twinturbo setup.

13. #13 AmericanSpeedRacer, Sep 28, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  14. Re: single turbo....NOT bi-turbo..

go home, were talkin about a man's car, not a boy's car okay, grasshopper.

15. err its a SINGLE turbo on this blitz skyline. it uses a kkk single turbo mate. as for TT setups it can either be parrallel or sequential. on stock skylines they are parallel and on rx-7's and supras they are sequentials. sequentials are expensive to fabricate into a production car becuase u have to have one spoolin up first and then syphoniing off a bit of boost to spool up the larger turbo. the transition of the smaller turbine goin offline and the bigger one goin online causes jerkiness if on high bhp cars on WOT etc.

16. Hey, you damn ma=onkey. How about you stick your filthy tail up you ass far enough to clear out the piece of dick that was left in you, and then maybe you willrealize that grown folk's talking about a skyline here. Keep thinking like you are and we'll let another dick get stuck up your dry bony butt crank. Now get on your knees and bow down to the king of eatern roads, say you are sorry bustard.

17. I have a question for you. Has anyone though of making a system that pairs twin turbo that bring up the low end performance up then slips to the bigger turbo. Use a big and small turbo that surports the big onr to reach it's limit then slips and re-directs all the air to the big one for higher end perfomance? For those that think it can't be do, or how, think again. That's what your broke grand pa said about Henry Ford and his mass production of automobiles.

18. good call, and they wanted less weight