sledgehammer doesnt belong on this list!!

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by SpOnkey, Aug 9, 2002.

1. this car has fewer units produced than top fuel dragsters! if this car is on the list than the car that broke the land speed record at over 700 mph should be here too. this car is not a production car. it was produced. one was anyway and it cant accelerate very well either. why do you think the 0-100 isnt on here? they couldnt get it? please. most of the cars below it on the list could take it in a drag or on the track. it has top speed and that is IT!

2. Re: sledgehammer doesnt belong on this list!!

Go bug Dan about it, then. You're not the first person to argue about this.

3. Re: sledgehammer doesnt belong on this list!!

ummm, for running a 10.6 qtr, the 0-100 time must still be very impressive.

4. Re: sledgehammer doesnt belong on this list!!

Doesnt accelerate very well? 0-60 3.9? seems like that accelerates pretty well to me. dont know what you're smoking, but it must be some pretty good Sh**.

5. Re: sledgehammer doesnt belong on this list!!

I could show you a thousand cars on this site that are slower than this in every figure. And they don't have the 0-100 figure, not because it's slow (why would they hide that anyway?), but because they don't know it. Think, stupid, you'll need to do it every day sometime.

6. Re: sledgehammer doesnt belong on this list!!

This car can accelerate very quick and is a very incredible car. Will it withstand the track, no. But that is not what it was made for. It was made for Reeves Callaway and John Lingenfelter to have a little fun. And they did. Don't cry about this car being bad, in 1988 the stock Corvette has 300hp?

7. Re: sledgehammer doesnt belong on this list!!

Reeves didn't just build it for speed, or fun. He built it to have a 'practical' car that could kill the competition (being a prepped Ferrari F40 and Porsche 959). This car probably handles better than the stock Vette from '88 due to the modifications on the chasis for stability, too.

8. Re: sledgehammer doesnt belong on this list!!

.......I just think this is a nice car.

9. Re: sledgehammer doesnt belong on this list!!

who cares if it is very rare, its a sweet ass car

10. Re: sledgehammer doesnt belong on this list!!

ya so one was made, ok your smart. But not smart enough. Callaway said they will build another one for 400,000 dollars. If I had that money I would ether have this or a ferrari. Top speed of 254mph. There are very few cars if any in that speed range unless they run of pure octian gas. LOL and to any honda drivers, what have you been saying about american muscle? lol ya that is what i thought.

11. Re: sledgehammer doesnt belong on this list!!

They should make a street legal and smog legal car do those types of speeds then it could be on the list.

12. Re: sledgehammer doesnt belong on this list!!

Wow, yippy! Good news, this car fits all regulations. Yes, that means that if you bought it (don't know how you would pull that off), you could go to your state DMV, and get it licensed.

13. Re: sledgehammer doesnt belong on this list!!

Your mad this car is on the list?
    They offered to make one for anybody
    It's all legal to drive on the road
    and most importantly, it's faster then the other cars