Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by Black Action Jackson, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

im pretty sure this car will run the viper into the ground they dont call it sleghhammer for nothing u know

2. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

thats easy...800TT outta the hole, then after the
    quarter its all Sledgehammer!

3. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

The Venom 800TT does 327km/h the slegehammer does 409km/h....which do you think??

4. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Supra_lady</i>
    <b>The Venom 800TT does 327km/h the slegehammer does 409km/h....which do you think??</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Top speed isnt everything ur gonna do with one of these things. once u it 200 your gonna shit your pants, 0-1 mile is what its all about<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

It's a good question with no easy answer both are comparably great in the racing field, in terms of a road course though sledehammer beats it.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

on road tires the venom would win 0-60 the sledge would take over for the 1/4 mile 10.1 to 10.06 (barely)then it would widen the gap untill about when the sledge hits the high end power at 190 MPH that will set you back in your seat untill 230 MPH odly enough that is about the venoms top speed and then the sledge will keep accelerating.

ps if this car isn't fast enough already just imagine what it would be like with the boost all the way up!!! its set at 18 psi but it can go over 25

in short they are both great cars but the sledgehammer is grand champ

7. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

800tt all the way baby this dumbass corvette car needs slicks to get that 1/4 mile viper on the other hand even though it's 1/4 mile is still faster will not need nos because it sooooo far behind because it's accelleration SUCKS unlike the corvette which needs the viper to have a blown tire to win.

<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

The DODGE VIPER looks better

That Corvette is Ugly

9. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

this is a very hard question, but most people would pick the viper, its almost as fast, and in some cases is faster than this. the viper is almost a little more than 3 times less and is a newer car with beter fetures.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

i think it would be a pretty close race. .1 sec is too close for the 1/4 mile it would come down to the driver

11. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from viper kicks ass</i>
    <b>800tt all the way baby this dumbass corvette car needs slicks to get that 1/4 mile viper on the other hand even though it's 1/4 mile is still faster will not need nos because it sooooo far behind because it's accelleration SUCKS unlike the corvette which needs the viper to have a blown tire to win.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You've got it backwards. The Viper has DOT approved street slicks, the corvette has shaved street tires.

12. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaroboy</i>
    <b>on road tires the venom would win 0-60 the sledge would take over for the 1/4 mile 10.1 to 10.06 (barely)then it would widen the gap untill about when the sledge hits the high end power at 190 MPH that will set you back in your seat untill 230 MPH odly enough that is about the venoms top speed and then the sledge will keep accelerating.

ps if this car isn't fast enough already just imagine what it would be like with the boost all the way up!!! its set at 18 psi but it can go over 25

in short they are both great cars but the sledgehammer is grand champ</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    nice details and right on too.........<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

800TT is better looking and preforms better in course

So Viper all the way.

14. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ZR3</i>
    <b>The DODGE VIPER looks better

That Corvette is Ugly
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> kiss my ass, looks don't matter cockbreath, it's the handling and the displacement that make a car. <!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Bigblockbrawler426Hemistage8</i>
    <b>i would have say the both cuz they are american cars!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> you and I are apparently the only americans in this discussion, eh..<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

you know bigblock, you never seem to say anything intellegent! all i have seen from you is "italian cars are #$%#ign pimp ass cars and are trash" and other stuff like "american cars kick any #$%#ing imports ass" why don't you say something that proves that american cars are really good as you claim, and also why don't you prove that this car is incredibly awesome! i know this car has good top speed and acceleration but i wanna hear something different coming from yuor posts instead of the regular "italian cars suck my cock"<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

that was your answer, man your more #$%#ed up then i thought! <!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

when it comes to looks the dodge viper wins by a longrun, not to mention the viper is better in availibility and price<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

i would rather have a viper because of the faster acceleration better handling and it looks way better then the vette!

20. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

yo id pick the corvette look at the speed i thought it was a freakin v12

21. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

You have to remember that the Viper was not created yet in 1988. Corvette has been an icon of speed since 1953. I would have taken the sledgehammer over 800TT if I had the choice and today I would take ZO6 over GTS.<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

Since Iam a GM guy , I would have to say I would take the vette no question. That thing is a total freaking beast.<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

a lot of people have said this and i will to no production no bragging rights the 800TT is cheaper looks better and imagine if hennessey gets there hands on the new 500.1 bhp new viper that corvette will be blown right apart!!!

24. Re: Sledgehammer v.s. Viper Venom 800TT? Please answer

yeah motor trend meagazine tesetd the 800TT and it did a Πmile in 9.99 se. you can check it out at motortrend.com the sledgehammer does it in 10.6 sec. so get lost with that junk and the sledgehammer there is only 1 of and to reproduce it it would cost $400,000 the 800TT will cost $135,000