Slow for the performance

Discussion in '2000 Saab 9-3 Viggen Pikes Peak' started by christop, Aug 9, 2002.

1. for a 750hp CAR IT IS very slow

2. Re: Slow for the performance

in what way ?

this thing is lightning fast<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Slow for the performance

this car was made just for pikes peak, ever seen pikes peak? its like 90% turns, it doesnt need a high top speed, it needs acceleration<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Slow for the performance

0-60 in 2.3 Stop me when we get to the slow part.

5. Re: Slow for the performance

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from imprex</i>
    <b>for a 750hp CAR IT IS very slow</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    IMPREX here is just a little confused about top speed. Which is determined here most likely by gearing, because any monkey whose heard of rallying knows that you dont EVER reach 150+ anyway. I'm guessing this car has a very close ratio gear box specifically for such events as this.

6. Re: Slow for the performance

This beast doesn't need a high top speed. Have you ever see Pike Peak Hill climb? Its just corner after corner. The accelaration is this cars best friend so-to-speak. 0-60 in 2.3 thats pretty quick to me. It doesa that because of the gear ratios. They are so short that the car has "half gears" like a truck! In fact this car has a Scania 18 speed auto this hasn't got the facts right AGAIN. It the only gearbox that could handle the power and the change rate!

7. Re: Slow for the performance

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 89 5L 5 speed</i>
    <b>this car was made just for pikes peak, ever seen pikes peak? its like 90% turns, it doesnt need a high top speed, it needs acceleration</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your right,it's designed for pikes peak.You NEED acceleration on that course way ahead of speed.So what if it's not the fastest?(although it's still pretty fast)It is a good car.

8. Re: Slow for the performance

your topic makes NO sense how can a car be slow for its performance its performance tells u if its slow a car can be slow for its stats but saying its slow for itas performance makes NO sense

9. Re: Slow for the performance

Topspeed is not the most important factor in racing,atleast not in dirtracing,like pikes peak....Acceleration,braking and cornering are the keys to succes... I've seen this baby in action,and boy..This baby does move faster then you'd think...

So now you know...<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Slow for the performance

yes

11. Re: Slow for the performance

lklkj;

12. Re: Slow for the performance

ghjkhjkghjkghjk

13. Re: Slow for the performance

jhkghjkhjkghj

14. Re: Slow for the performance

Naaaaaaaaa o-60mph isn't THAT slow.

15. Re: Slow for the performance

lol..true..

16. Re: Slow for the performance

How is 0-60 in 2.3 seconds slow!? It's even faster than a F1 car!

17. Re: Slow for the performance

Actually an F1 car can hit 60 qucker than that. But 2.3 seconds is not slow at all. You'd have to be retarded to think that.

18. Re: Slow for the performance

Soon i will cry. Why are there so many stupidious people who are interested in cars?

ever heard of gear ratio etc.???

19. Re: Slow for the performance

You loose about a half second because of the dogbox in the 1-60 acceleration. And no it isnŽt slow it out performes most porches

20. Re: Slow for the performance

I'm happy to se that there is even more stupid ppl on this forum then i thought from the start. Slow? Haha, ye right dude.

I mean 800+ hk @ gravel and in speeds over 200km/h isin't slow in any way, you want acceleration in Pikes Peak, since there are alot of turns.