Slow

Discussion in '1994 BMW 850 CSi' started by bob777, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Slow

Good point

2. Re: Slow

ok first of all none of you should be comparing the s600 with the 850 simply because they are completly different cars. one is a coupe and one is a sedan (thank you captain obvious)the only thing i would say about each is that the s600 is more technolgically advanced than the 850 but then again the 850 is much older and obviosly ahead of its time if we are talking about it today and making a lame attempt to compare it to an s600.

3. Re: Slow

I think that there aren't many vehicles of this size that weigh this much much that are this fast. And there was NEVER a S-class coupe in 1994 that had this much power, or was this fast.

4. I agree the first half dozen posts or so are comparing this car to *new sl's .... ok while yer at it why dont you compare a 2006 mustang with an 87 corvette .... i think even though there in the same class (.ie competitors) the gap in years makes it unfair to compare .....

5. I agree the first half dozen posts or so are comparing this car to *new sl's .... ok while yer at it why dont you compare a 2006 mustang with an 87 corvette .... i think even though there in the same class (.ie competitors) the gap in years makes it unfair to compare .....

6. The BMW 850 CSI it a GT car not to be mastaken for the american definition of GT car which is mostly a step up in the engine and suspension but if you look at the 850 CSI it is a fine example of a GT car, a true GT car is a car that blends a sport car with luxury. Also unlike a traditional sport car it isn't as tasking to drive over long periods of time over long distances, this car was built to cater to the executive market that would be driveing over long distances every day to and from work and lived in one city but worked in another so it had to not only be able to get them there but do it in a timely manner while not looseing its reputation as a luxurious car. This has been more than acheved in the 850 CSI boasting a 6 speed manuel transmission (note if you have a CSI it only comes in a 6 speed manuel) the only draw back is if you live in the US you will want a more aggressive gearing in the rear end this is due to the fact that the car doesn't wake up and start to show its teeth somewere around 96 kph like i said before theis is a GT car it show its true colors on the autobahn the fastes i have ever seen a 850 go was about 302 kph and i held very well and for a car that waighed in at about 4000 lbs that says a lot. another thing about this car is if you ever get to drive one (I am speaking to those who don't have one but want to speak slander upon the 850 csi) if you get to drive on take a look at the arrangement of the guage cluster the way everything you need to see is laid out for you the is because it was designed like a cock pit you can really see BMW's heritage in the aircraft field show through in this car it was stated best by a bmw executive that it is a private jet to the executive without the pricetag of one at about $125,000 this was very true you just go out and price a small corporate jet and tell me which was more cost effective to own. oh and on a final note a few tid bits i have done the euro coine on a idleing S70 it does work and to give a few kudos the that engine it is the same engine that is in the McLerene F1 it is just a highly tuned Ram air version, and bottom line up front the car is a eyecatcher and sounds BAD ASS and is just a joy to own