So Carl Sagan was a toker...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by maserati, Dec 22, 2009.

1. #1 maserati, Dec 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    I stumbled across this site, and I figured the idea that Sagan wrote a piece on smoking dope under an alias was bs, but I surfed around a bit and it seems legitimate.

http://www.marijuana-uses.com/essays/002.html

It's seriously a good read if you're in the mood for it, I especially like this last bit:

"The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."

2. Its common knowledge

3. Figures. I don't know much about stuff. Maybe I shouldn't smoke so much pot.

4. "helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world"

I don't know about all that; it usually just made me feel slow-witted and lazy.

5. #5 20000 RPM, Dec 22, 2009
    Carl Sagan was one of the coolest people in history. He chaired the committee that made the "golden records" carried on certain NASA satellites:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyager_Golden_Record#Background

Carl Sagan was the chief ambassador of Earth and the entire human race to the entire universe. I can't think of a more important job.

6. #7 SEABEE, Dec 23, 2009
    i can
    how about a job where he actually has to do stuff

7. imagine smoking a doob with carl sagan.

8. #9 BigHorsepower, Dec 23, 2009
    I dissagree with that last statement marajuana has often made me violent but its so fun that i dont care. mild violence. like running around my boarding house stabbing people with tacks if they didnt buy me a pop. True story. magic mushrooms made me hide under my bed for 3 hours.

9. I can't stop, it would be soooo sick.

10. That's because only stupid pot-heads believe that nonsense.

12. k

14. #16 Comunista, Dec 28, 2009
    no, cool is definitely not the right word... but being stoned with Sagan might have made him cool.