So fast, but not enough for 1300 h/p

Discussion in '2001 Lotec Sirius' started by TOOORQUEOUS, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Yeah, 400 is so #$%#ing fast; but with that insultive level of power, it could get a bit more, specially when accelerating(3.7s.)

2. I agree with you Bugatti Veyron is better.

3. Re: So fast, but not enough for 1300 h/p

A cars top speed has more to do with aerodynamics than with hp.

4. Re: So fast, but not enough for 1300 h/p

Mbe it's slow cause of its shitty 5 speed manual transmission.

5. Re: So fast, but not enough for 1300 h/p

let me get this straight.. u think this is slow..... do u smoke crack!!!

3.7 secs is blistingly quick, and 248mph is unblevieble, just cause the car has 1300hp, doesnt mean that it should go faster, it #$%#ing fast enough!!

6. Re: So fast, but not enough for 1300 h/p

Well, If you gonna say it in that way, then Im gonna respond the same manner:

Hey you dipshit, what the hell are you talking about? When some carmaker designs a car for the most insane speeds, it's better that they do it fast enough, like this one, that haves 1300 h/p ready to get wild, and they put 5 speed, all that power goes to be not usable.

Also, If im saying from the beggining that it is like more fast that I would want, WTF?! do you argue like you did, relating to me of being a "Cracksmoker".

****!!!! You missed the objective of the forum, idiot! Clap Clap CLAP!

7. Re: So fast, but not enough for 1300 h/p

This car should be doing something like 2 seconds to 60, however it isn't. Why? Traction. Even drag slicks probably aren't enough to grip 1,300HP. A 802HP Corvette did 60 in 1.97 w/ drag slicks. Now, if you increase the HP, you're only gna decrease traction, hence, slowing the car's 0-60 time down. But once it gets going, it'll take a Mack truck to slow it down.

8. Re: So fast, but not enough for 1300 h/p

im thinking kenworth or maybe peterbilt truck

9. Re: So fast, but not enough for 1300 h/p

I HATE FAGS THAT COME ON THIS SITE AND PRETEND THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!! 1300 HP IS ALOT BUT ITS NEEDED TO PROPELL THIS CAR TO ITS TOP SPEED!!!!!!!! 5-SPEED IS GOOD ENOUGH YOU MORONS, THEY JUST MAKE THE 1ST GEAR CLOSE TO(*ALMOST*) AS TALL AS 2ND GEAR ON A 6-SPEED!!!!!!!! IF THEY MADE THIS CAR WITH A
    Cd figure of 1.9 THEN THIS FORUM WOULD BE ABOUT "HOW UGLY THIS CAR IS"
    SO SHUT THE **** UP!!!!!!

They did their best at trying to mix beauty with purpose in the cars shape!!!!

If we need to raise the top speed of Ferrari Testarossa from 180 mph to 200 mph, without altering anything, we need to raise its power from 390 hp to 535 hp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Re: So fast, but not enough for 1300 h/p

Cool down, man. Well, you're pretty right. But I think the first gear should be lower, although with lower rpm, it'll make the car overcome it's inertia quicker- and once you get it going- shifting ti a taller gear will simply make it go faster. Meanwhile, a 5-speed surely limits the topspeed, cause the lower gears will make for "bigger" gear travel for gear to gear transfer, that will limit the speed. An example is the Veyron- it makes less power than this car, but is faster cause of a 7 speed- with two taller gears with "smaller" circumferences for gear to gear transfer.

11. Re: So fast, but not enough for 1300 h/p

To: RalphCM and everybody else

*1973 Porsche 917/30*

-Transmission Type 920 4 Speed Manual
    -Top speed 386 km/h / 240 mph
    -0-1/4 mile 7.3 seconds
    -0-60 mph 2.1 seconds

and if anybody argues that the porsche had over 1100 hp, this car has 1300 hp!!!

12. Re: So fast, but not enough for 1300 h/p

If you know anything about aerodynamics you'd realise that up to a point more power is useless as it becomes more and more dependent on the drag coeeficient of the particular vehicle the faster you go. For this reason the top speed of this vehicle is very impressive as the car still maintains its car like form and is quite attractive in its design. If you wanted to go faster you would need a radical design such as that of the thrust SSC etc. Hence I think this car is a great piece of engineering.

13. Re: So fast, but not enough for 1300 h/p

you guys would know, you're the experts, why haven't they hired all you guys at Lotec?

14. Re: So fast, but not enough for 1300 h/p

I do work for Lotec. Im the chief aerodynamics researcher for the company, and have been for the last 10 years thankyou very much!

15. Re: So fast, but not enough for 1300 h/p

....Why do I get the feeling that you're lying your butt off?

16. Re: So fast, but not enough for 1300 h/p

Why is the 5spd tranny shitty? There is no point in adding gears if you have good and flat power/torque curves?

17. Re: So fast, but not enough for 1300 h/p

It has 1334hp and only 400kph. Does it mean that it has more downforce?

---Sorry for my bad English.

18. Re: So fast, but not enough for 1300 h/p

With 1300 hp and 0-60 low as 3.7, top speed should be at least 50 kph more. Something's wrong with that stats. Car's just too god damn slow for that kind of power

19. Re: So fast, but not enough for 1300 h/p

DIABLO WHIRLWIND, did you not read any of the comments made before you wrote your own LAME-ASS post? In order for this car to keep it's incredible looks, it needs to have all of that horsepower. It is one thing to be ignorent, because ignorence is when you just don't know any better. But it really is annoying when valid information is being put forth and somebody chooses to disreguard it and continue to spit out one dumb comment after another. Here is a little three step program that I try to live by at all times.
    Step 1: Hear/read what has been stated.
    Step 2: Resist urge to say something stupid and think.
    Step 3: Make a well-thought out, and hopefully semi-intelligent comment.

20. Re: So fast, but not enough for 1300 h/p

How is this thing less aerodynamic then the Bughatti Veyron? yet that car still reaches a higher top speed with less horse power. and another is the SSC Aero 8T I wouldnt say that it has far more superior aero dynamics then this. but yet it makes it to a higher speed then this thing also. Now if it is true that the SSC is far more advanced then this thing, maybe Lotec does need to hire help else where! B/C the SSC was created in Richland washington and the design team consisted of one man. I guess the bigger point is that if you cant reach higher then 250 mph with 1300 hp why is this thing better then they veyron and the SSC?

21. Re: So fast, but not enough for 1300 h/p

SILENCE PLEASE.....SIRIUS IS SPEAKING......

22. the hell?

I'm pretty sure that the Sirius has a 6 speed

24. You guys area all #$%#ing morons.... HP DOES NOT AFFECT ACCELERATION TORCHE DOES YOU DUMB#$%#S YOU CAN HAVE 8000 HP AND IF YOU HAVE NO #$%#IN TORCHE YOUR CAR WILL NEVER #$%#IN MOVE IF YOU WANNA INCREASE ACCELERATION DROP A #$%#IN SUPERCHARGER ON IT AND INCREASE THE TORCHE OUTPUT!!! JESUS YOU PEOPLE ARE #$%#IN STUPID

25. Retarded