So I might be getting a new car so....

Discussion in 'Modified / Tuned Cars' started by Zprotuner, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Aaay yo, nice avatar.

2. Why would you want an S2000 transmission? It barely works behind the S2000's engine and has known oiling problems. Least of all behind something with far more power such as an SR engine.

You know what I think? I think you don't even own a Z and this is going to be your first car. You just lied about the Z to make yourself feel better on the internet.

3. lol, i was waiting for it.

4. I bet it will end up looking like something off that Discovery channel show, "Junkyard Wars."

5. $7000 seems way optimistic. I'd say just keep it FWD and stick a limited slip differential in there and be done with it. My $0.02.

6. I just thought of this now..correct me if I'm wrong, but older Sentra's already come with SR20's do they not? I remember reading somewhere that the new Sentra's were losing the SR20 for the VQ series. If this is true then you could save yourself a whole bundle of cash right there.

7. How old are you? Do you understand how parts fit together? The F20's transmission in the S2000 will not fit the SR20. Do you know what a bell housing is? Also why the hell would you pick that trans? Honda transmissions aren't known for their strength.

you think a rwd conversion is only finding the rear differential? hahaha.

Driveshaft? Custom bell housing? (or you could use the 5 speed out of the silvias??) Will the axles fit? Is there a transmission tunnel? You have no clue what you're doing...

Not to mention the car + the sr20 + forged internals = >7k

Just so you know you can make 400whp on stock internals in an sr20det if you tune it correctly.

8. I'm 20 years old. I just turned 20 on december 1st. And no I dont think its only the rear differential, I dont have alot of experince in this range but I'm definatly not going to be the only one working on it, I have a few friends that said they'll help me out anytime I need them. I picked that trans because its small and could probably fit into the sentra, transmissions is probably my weakest area of knowledge when it comes to cars but I'm willing ot learn. There are alot of sentras out there with SR20DET's so if I need help on swaping out the engine and transmission I'll email one of them.