So my computer crapped out

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 550Maranello, Jan 15, 2007.

1. I was playing a game and it started to just freeze for 1 minute, play for 30 seconds off and on. Did a system restore (which took 20 attempts and about 12 hours later it worked), still crappy as hell. I mean it took about 4 minutes for the start menu to come up after clicking it. Windows then stopped coming up totally after a while. It said it couldn't find the hard disk all the time. It tried to use the Nvidia boot up, even after I restored it and took the card out. I have to work all week so my dad took it back and they said the hard drive was shot. I didn't know there are just "dud" hard drives. Anyways should get it back today. I've just been going through with drawls. No computer for 4 freakin' days OMFG!

2. No hardware lasts forever, eventually stuff goes wrong. I've replaced my hard drive twice in the 4 1/2 years since I bought this computer, although one was just faulty to begin with.

3. I never roll with just one hard drive anymore. 2nd drive, used for backups only, norton ghost, weekly scheduled backups...