So that new Ford Flex is a failure.

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by DownwardSpiral, Aug 6, 2008.

1. We haven't sold a single unit since they've been here.

2. Ford's marketing department seriously needs to be shot.

Recent vehicles that have been stupid failures...
    -Lincoln Blackwood
    -Calling the new minivan Freestar when it's pretty much the same as the old Windstar
    -Calling the new full size sedan the 500 and then switching it to Taurus
    -Ford Freestyle/Taurus X
    -Spending $1 developing the NA Focus when there's an amazing European on

3. Because "I got a Flex" sounds too much like "I gotta flex". Which is like burner bragging in one of the biggest and most profitable pubs in the UK.

4. I'd be happy to get one, but I didn't like the price tag starting at nearly 29 grand before I optioned it out. I guess I was expecting it to be priced in between the escape and explorer, and not between explorer & expidition money.

I mean, shit.

5. Yea, the flex is Ford's minivan replacement, it should start in the low 20s. Ford marketing assumes that everyone wants an expensive loaded model...

6. The Flex looks hot your sales dept sux.

7. An embarrassment of riches is a nice problem to have, right up until you have to explain it.

Customer: What's that? It looks like an SUV.

Ford salesman: No, no, definitely not an SUV. That's the Edge. It's a crossover with a 3.5-liter, 24-valve V-6 and a six-speed automatic.

Customer: Okay, then, what's that over there? It looks like half station wagon, half SUV.

Ford salesman: No, no, definitely not a wagon or an SUV. That's the Taurus X. It's a crossover with a 3.5-liter, 24-valve V-6 and a six-speed automatic.

Customer: Well, jeez, whatýs that in the corner, then? Gotta be a wagon, right?

Ford salesman: No, no, definitely not a wagon. That's the Flex. It's a crossover with a 3.5-liter, 24-valve V-6 and a six-speed automatic.

8. BUT! BUT! BUT!...They LOOK different

9. We're number one in the region.

10. for suxxing.

11. It hasn't even been out for long, how is it a failure?

12. Def.

13. You're SO creative.

14. #15 Damestic89, Aug 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    I'm sure Car and Driver would love to hear that.

http://tinyurl.com/5v49qr

15. #16 AMGrulz, Aug 6, 2008
    At least you gave credit where credit was due.

16. #17 WhiteChocolateWorld, Aug 6, 2008
    Pretty favorable write-up, though the price and fuel economy are no bueno. Probably doesn't help that it's so fat to boot.

17. I saw one parked for the first time the other day, and it is actually pretty nice looking. It should be cheaper though.

18. I love the white roof

19. there are two of them in town here. I think it isnt going to sell like hotcakes or anything given the status of gas prices, but for people who need a large family vehicle it is perfect and it has some great features. If the flex fails it certainly isnt the cars fault.

As for the focus, that is selling at a rate of 30:1 to the Saturn Astra so it is definitely by no means a failure.

20. The Focus sales 30:1 is what I dont understand, The Astra looks WAY better IMO and is a hatch

That was the most retarded move for Ford to ditch the hatch on the Focus

If there was a redline version for the Astra i would probably take it over every other sport compact I think

21. But he's SO correct....

Ford has shot itself in the foot for years by having too many vehicles that compete with one another.

22. I'd like to think that right after a car's initial release should be one of its strongest periods of sales, and well, these aren't selling. If as a brand new offering it's not selling, I wouldn't expect much to change in the future.

23. It's very rarely the car's fault. It's the fault of the retards who decided to build it...

24. Wait what the #$%# is a Taurus X?