Sorry about Swedish companies... they were all sold to Ford and

Discussion in '1966 McLaren M1B' started by Lee Iacocca, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Saab and Volvo were allways great companies...

unhapilly they were sold to GM and Ford....<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Sorry about Swedish companies... they were all sold to Ford

very old news.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Sorry about Swedish companies... they were all sold to Ford

the way to perdition...beeing own by an american company...anyway the new saab 9-2 is going to be manufactured in colaboration with subaru.for sure it's going to look nicer and work better than if it was done by ford designers...

4. Re: Sorry about Swedish companies... they were all sold to Ford

i pitty Volvo more they were sold to Ford. GM is a respectable company in my eyes...well for trucks anyway. Saab also makes airplanes aswell.

5. Re: Sorry about Swedish companies... they were all sold to Ford

Saab makes airplanes? Now thats something

6. Re: Sorry about Swedish companies... they were all sold to Ford

its well known.

7. saab basically stands for swedish automobile and aircraft builders and is owned by the swedish government. Scania trucks and buses is also part of the same group.

This is one of the reasons why saab cars were very innovative. For instance they were the first company to produce turbo charged mass produced cars and also there were a lot of aircraft design features incorporated into their car designs ( if you look at a 900 classic, all controls fall easily to hand and the clocks are viewable through the steering wheel) commonplace now i know but at the time unknown. It is a shame the car producing part of the firm was sold off to GM.