Sorry if you think this ISN'T a performance car...

Discussion in '2002 MINI Cooper S' started by EmmArTooGuy, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Even though the straight line ability isn't that great, look at the handling. R&T just published an issue where they tested this car and posted 69.5 mph through the slalom. Thats faster than their times for the Vanquish, Z8, Z06, Viper GTS, F50, Diablo, and 911 GT2; not to mention all the other cars they've tested.

2. Re: Sorry if you think this ISN'T a performance car...

yup, this thing is incredible when it comes to handling/slalom. Do you think they'll try to live on the legend and make another rally car of it? That would be a pretty good rally car I think. With that kind of handling, and the way they soup those cars up, that thing would go like a rocket. Be pretty cool too see the legend live on, but who knows
    cheers
    jono

3. Re: Sorry if you think this ISN'T a performance car...

that wud be awesome

4. Re: Sorry if you think this ISN'T a performance car...

If this car is lowered and aerodynamically redesigned slightly, it will have even greater handling, this is due to a greater downforce on the car, aka the air moving under the car. By the way, this car is the best handling car in the world, of course excluding formula one cars

5. Re: Sorry if you think this ISN'T a performance car...

does anyone know anything about a mini cooper m being devloped by bmw?

6. Re: Sorry if you think this ISN'T a performance car...

does anyone have any information about bmw devloping a mini cooper m?

7. Re: Sorry if you think this ISN'T a performance car...

ok dude did you hear that from me or from EVO magazine?
    i either go by this name or RacePhreak13
    and i don't know if the M is still being tossed around by BMW, i haven't heard a word of it surface in forever, i have a feeling they might have thrown out the idea with the arrival of the JCW package. BMW/MINI say they're still staying completely open to the ways they can run with the mini, that's how the convertible's coming about, and maybe even a 5-door mini...that would either be completely cool or stupid-looking. on one hand, if i had one i could drive my friends around comfortably, on the other hand, i wont be able to call it a coupe. i'd be driving a sedan!!! no 17-year old should have to drive a sedan!!!

8. Re: Sorry if you think this ISN'T a performance car...

I emailed MINI about a hybrid Mini... they said that they might make one in the future. That would be awesome, I think that we should all show some interest in this car so it's actually produced.

9. Re: Sorry if you think this ISN'T a performance car...

oh ya if the Lord had a drivers licence hed drive a Toyota. First of all, if the Lord wanted to drive an Echo, he would. But, no one exept you and Zeph Cohen like Toyotas. Its every boys dream to grow up and drive a Carola, or maybe if their lucky, a Camry. Oh and i do agree with you on the Mini Cooper S. It is one of the best handling cars dispite its wheelbase. One reason is the weight, another is weight distribution(yes, the little that it has is indeed equal)