sounds like a ford 49 rip off to me

Discussion in '2002 Chevrolet Bel Air Concept' started by prison, Aug 9, 2002.

1. sounds like a ford 49 rip off to me

2. Re: sounds like a ford 49 rip off to me

Hardly a ripoff-Chevy had done a Nomad concept in the mid 90's before the Ford 49 was even talked about.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: sounds like a ford 49 rip off to me

People don't know it's a 1957 Bel Air. They wrong pitcher or year.

4. Re: sounds like a ford 49 rip off to me

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MCgirl1984</i>
    <b>Hardly a ripoff-Chevy had done a Nomad concept in the mid 90's before the Ford 49 was even talked about.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

thats great... anyway this car is a rip of of the ford 49, whats all this talk about the nomad

5. Re: sounds like a ford 49 rip off to me

Personally, this looks like a rip-off '02 T-Bird to me!

6. Re: sounds like a ford 49 rip off to me

This seems like classic GM to me. They win customers by making a similar product with better performance on paper, and pricing it competitivly. This is like the new T-Bird, but not as stylish. Not that i would buy either, but I like the T-Bird more. Personally I have no problem with retro cars (mostly) People in general don't have the time, know how, or patience to fix up an old car that is less safe, worse on gas, and more trouble to run. They want the modern comforts and the old style, and thats what the cars companies are dishing out. Whats so bad about that? Even if you cant stand the looks, this trend will burn out soon. (I think)<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: sounds like a ford 49 rip off to me

well, at least its got a decent engine going 4 it, coz it hasnt got much else, this is hideous, chevy should be ashamed, this car isnt even in the same ball park as the Ford 49, that wipes the floor with this. It looks like what i imagine a Hyundai copy of the original would look like, which aint pretty.

8. Re: sounds like a ford 49 rip off to me

I'M TIRED OF TALKIN TO ASSHOLES WHO LOVE THOSE CRAPPY JAPENESE CARS OR VIPERS AND THAT KINDA SHITY CARS. IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT REAL SPORTS CARS THEN TALK ABOUT A LAMBORGHINI, A FERRARI, AND ESPECIALLY THE NEW BUGATTI EB 16/4 VEYRON WHICH IS THE FASTEST PRODUCTION CAR RIGHT NOW, **** THE MCLAREN F1 OR STUPID ASS CHEVROLET CALLAWAY SLEDGEHAMMER CORVETTE.

THE VIPER IS REALLY UNDERPOWERED BECAUSE IT HAS A HUDGE V10 BUT A BMW V8 OR A PORSCHE 6CYLINDERS TWIN TURBO ENGINE WOULD BEAT IT. AND DON'T SAY ANY THING ABOUT A TUNED VIPER OR RACING VIPER CUZ IF THEY HAVE TO TUNE A V10 TO GET IT TO PERFORM GOOD THEN THEY REALLY HAVE PROBLEMS.

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TALKIN TO ME ABOUT A SUBARU. THEY SUCK. PEOPLE ARE COMPARING IT TO A BMW, BUT THEY DON'T COMPARE STUFF LIKE TOPSPEED OR QUALITY AND STUFF LIKE THAT CUZ THEY KNOW THAT THE BMW WOULD WIN. AND IT'S AWD SYSTEM IS REALLY OLD, MY GRANDFATHER HAD A LANCIA DELTA WITH THE SAME AWD 25 YEARS AGO.

JAPENESE CARS SUCK MY LEFT NUT,
    AMERICANS HAVE GREAT CARS (CAMARO, TRANS AM...) AND SOME SHITY CARS (VIPERS, CORVETTES)
    EURO CARS ARE THE BEST.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: sounds like a ford 49 rip off to me

I SEE YOU FOUND THE CAPS LOCK TOO

jeez.

chevy is just trying to get its piece of the T'birds market, if ford didnt make a tbird, then this would not even be in existence

10. Re: sounds like a ford 49 rip off to me

bugatti driver...did u look at which forum u were typing all that crap in, sounds to me like u didnt. And dont use caps lock, and try and make any point ur trying 2 make clearer and with some theory in it rather than just pissed off opinions. Your grandfather didnt have a 4WD lancia delta 25yrs ago, the first 4WD lancia road cars only came out 15yrs ago, and that was THE most ridiculous argument ive ever heard, thats a bit like saying rear-wheel drive cars are shit coz theyve been around since karl benz invented the car in 1885, u dumbass, ur doing bugatti an injustice in associating yourself with them

11. Re: sounds like a ford 49 rip off to me

hey bugatti you idiot
    european cars are more expensive than their jap equivalents and esp american ones. with very little difference in quality. sure american CARS were crap quality relatively 10 years ago, but these days there is very little difference.
    stop TRYING to bash domestics/imports, compare individual cars or continue to be viewed as the idiot you apperently are.
    for its price, the wrx is an amazing car.

as for the bel air, its a rip off of the t-bird, its simply Chevy's responce to ford's risk thats paying off.