spotted: 2007 Passat R36

Discussion in 'European Cars' started by ajzahn, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Yeah and you got an 8 cilinder car for the same money of a 530i. And now you can get a used W8 for the money of a new Polo, so what?

2. Both this R36 and the last gen V8 S4 are rated at 0-62 in 5.6 seconds.

3. It should be a CC R36

4. cough cough Phaeton flop cough cough

5. Is available with the same 300hp engine oveerhere.

6. this Passat is a whale.

7. ehm isnt this car already out?

8. I had a short test drive with Passat CC last week. It had a puny 2 litre diesel, 140hp but enough torque. The test car was loaded with every option from leather to those funny lane assists etc. It felt ok for something wearing /40 profile tires. Costing 57000e ~ 75000$ not worth the money in my opinion, halve the price for American market.

The DSG is now perfect (I've driven 1st gen DSG, which was not entirely smooth), in auto mode exactly like a real automatic. If I get a chance to test it on something more powerful, Ill tell if its perfect as manual too.
    A comfy, if a bit noisy car for 2 adults + 2 kids. There is no headroom at the back for grown-ups. The frame less doors were a bit odd in a 4door.

I took some pics...and yeah, Better get a lesser Audi, all but the Jetta felt a bit cheap compared to prices.

9. I spotted the R36 concept @ Essen

10. from what year is this thread? wtf.....i just saw an r36 on the streets :\