Steinmetz speedster 220bhp 2litre turbo

Discussion in '2000 Opel Speedster' started by BobbiePower, Aug 10, 2002.

1. The Steinmetz Speedster is even better. Opeltuner Steinmetz have powered the speedster with a 220bhp 2litre turbo engine. They even put a f1 car like airintake on it. At Steinmetz they call it the funster. It seems to be faster than a ferrari.

2. Re: Steinmetz speedster 220bhp 2litre turbo

hehehe, sounds like a little devil<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Steinmetz speedster 220bhp 2litre turbo

Sounds like my kind of car :) I like it because it is small, and I once owned a 69 Opel GT :) They didn't call it the mini-vette for nothing :)

<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Steinmetz speedster 220bhp 2litre turbo

look at the pontiac solstice concept, it has the 2.2 ecotec four, but is supercharged and has 240 hp. Now GM or Opel could pop that daddy in the speedster as a factory car and turn it into a really fast car.

5. Re: Steinmetz speedster 220bhp 2litre turbo

agreed.....this could actually be a decent car in my opinion if it had that much BHP....it's alright now in stock but with a 2.2 240bhp it'd be better...HEY! theres an idea for Opel! make a speedster extreme with the 240bhp ecotec! now thats a good idea!<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Steinmetz speedster 220bhp 2litre turbo

a speedster opc is planned ;) i'm looking forward to this ;)<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Steinmetz speedster 220bhp 2litre turbo

no more speedsters will be made from the factory when the contract for the car ends with Lotus which is when the last Turbo VX220?Speedster rolls of the production line........sorry although this means more Elises for me!<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Steinmetz speedster 220bhp 2litre turbo

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Brit cars rule</i>
    <b>no more speedsters will be made from the factory when the contract for the car ends with Lotus which is when the last Turbo VX220?Speedster rolls of the production line........sorry although this means more Elises for me!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

That sucks but then again. More Elises!!!!<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Steinmetz speedster 220bhp 2litre turbo

The problem with a turbo on the Speedster is the cooling of the Engine. The Engine sits behind the seats and than you'll have a problem with leading the air there, but someone will probbly find a solution for it.

10. Re:
    Steinmetz speedster 220bhp 2litre turbo

GM Performance Parts just recently (last couple months) released a roots type supercharger for the Cavalier/Sunfire 2.2L Eco-Tec, which I belive boosted horsepower around 195. No it's no turbo 220bhp but it's a more likely direction for the company to go in given it's an off the shelf part. Besides get a bigger pulley and you can increase the boost no problem.

11. Re: Steinmetz speedster 220bhp 2litre turbo

anyone seen the astra coupe OPC extreme??? :p:p:p
    based on the dtm astra
    production of 50 is planned :D

12. Re: Steinmetz speedster 220bhp 2litre turbo

That must be one hell of a pocket-rocket... I bet it could compete with even the 330 bhp Austin Mini-Cooper.