Still no breakthrough in design

Discussion in '2002 Ford Thunderbird' started by IvanKaramazov, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Why didn't they design a new one?

2. Re: Still no breakthrough in design

ya no new design and this car has very little power cosidering where its coming from<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Still no breakthrough in design

Ya... this car sucks. I think that it will be a bomb in the market. I just cant see why people would want to buy this... Kindof like the VW beetle.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Still no breakthrough in design

Bartman you hit the nail on the head, it will be sucessful for the same reason the new bettle is. Ford wasn't going for any revolutionary design, thats plain to see. They were going for a modernized look of the late 50's t-bird to bring back memories for the older generation (remember that we younger people aren't the one's with money) So yeah this car will be sucessful for the exact reason that the new beetle was!

5. Re: Still no breakthrough in design

It's just because of the name Ford Thunderbird this car will sell, not fot it's looks or performance, and that's just to bad.

keep the faith

6. Re: Still no breakthrough in design

It makes sense that the car shares similar lines with the Beetle, and incidentally with the Audi TT. Ford's current Vice President of Design, J Mays (yes thats the correct spelling of "J", he's one of those gay artsy types), was responsible for both of the designs of those other cars and this is the first project that he oversaw from birth to completion. Personally I think the design is rather bland, it doesn't have one single aspect that is daring and if they are going to try to pull of a modern interpretation of a 55 T-bird they are going to need a helluva lot more chrome. (if anybody has a Ford question I work for Ford so I might be able to answer it)<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Still no breakthrough in design

I saw some of the other designs they were going to use for this car, some with more modern looks to them. Those looked great, this doesn't. They better hurry up and hope those old people with the money buy these because the youngens won't. They should have went modern instead of retro with this.

8. Re: Still no breakthrough in design

it sucks. repeat after me, slow and ugly...slow and ugly

9. Re: Still no breakthrough in design

this car sucks very badly, but i love it. my dad is selling them at $10,000+ over window sticker.

10. Re: Still no breakthrough in design

AHHH! it's come back from the dead....and it's making it's way into your backyard, better annihilate this nasty...thing<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Still no breakthrough in design

I think only the owner of a 50's thunderbird will want to buy this, an upgrade version of the 50's.

12. Re: Still no breakthrough in design

I gotta say here, I am not impressed. I went and saw one in the showroom today, and the most unimpressing thing was that fake chrome eggcrate plastic bit on the front. I would have hoped for something that looked a little bit better. I also noticed that the car had little black plastic bits where fog lights should have been. Would ford really make fog lights an option on a $40,000 car??? I am not a huge fan of it myself but it will sell incredibly well with 50+ year old men.

13. Re: Still no breakthrough in design

Ivane be mlukni be mayna be, shto se pravish che gi razbirash tiya neshta. <!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Still no breakthrough in design

This car is not meant to be fast! It is meant to be and elegant cruiser. Cruising down the back roads with your lady afters sunset with the top down. Its not meant to be modern either its suppose to resemble the old T-Birds.

15. Re: Still no breakthrough in design

i hink its boring, like a lrage mini-One and i agree, there is a serious lack in design.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Still no breakthrough in design

damn....this car iz ugly....it does remind me of a stretched bettle....they really need to make a new design<!-- Signature -->

17. foglights

"Would ford really make fog lights an option on a $40,000 car??? "

I saw a dodge viper in a showroom recently, and I beleive that foglights are an option on the viper which is stupid.

- Steven<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Still no breakthrough in design

there still isnt any breaktrough in the design and they have to do something about it.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: Still no breakthrough in design

Just the case like the new Mini, but the Mini Cooper is much more legendary.