Still Ugly

Discussion in '2002 Pontiac Bonneville G/XP' started by CorollaRacer, Aug 9, 2002.

1. That front end should be wiped off the face of the earth.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Still Ugly

That's all a matter of personal taste. I think that the front end looks mean. Its gives the Bonneville a really "tough" image.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Still Ugly

The bonneville will never have a tough look. It's just a regular old American family sedan.
    This car's horsepower's pretty good for it's class though<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Still Ugly

It might be ugly, but its got a state of the art motor........
    Cast Iron??? What The????
    I thought they stopped using that heavy shite in the 90's

5. Re: Still Ugly

Pontiacs are generally regarded as the poor man's performance vehicle. A relatively strong but rough engine, coupled with a rough transmission are Pontiac trademarks. As are the curious styling and cheap, plasticky interior. Its nice that they are trying to increase the quality of their vehicles, but maybe what they need is a fresh start. But does GM really need ANOTHER branch?

As for the cast iron block, it may be old, but many many modern cars use it because it is effective and strong. Weight can be a problem. But if you judge a car by what the engine is made out of... The Corvette Z06 has a cast iron block, and its no low tech car. Now I don't want to start another thread about Corvette is king, no it's not, European cars are better, nuh-uh, Japanese cars are best...<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Yeah....

its not that bad, but its not too good either<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Still Ugly

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CorollaRacer</i>
    <b>That front end should be wiped off the face of the earth.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

and you still have no clue what you are talking about.

corolla is a piece of shit

8. Re: Still Ugly

It isn't the most attractive car on the market, but it's styling is better than than the last bonneville. And it's certainly not bad for the market they are trying to impress...i.e. NOT the 16-25 group.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Still Ugly

Its ugly, but I don't like pontiac. I am not a big fan of this car company and not to excided about their cars.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Still Ugly

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CorollaRacer</i>
    <b>That front end should be wiped off the face of the earth.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I agree, the Frontend is it's least appealing part. The Rear end is beutifull (look at the rear picture and then look at the front picture. The uglyness is in the Front of the car). <!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Still Ugly

It may be ugly, but consider this, why has pontiac lasted sooooo damn long.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Still Ugly

The corvette block is alloy
    not cast iron

who cares what it made of
    it works

I dont get u guys
    Youl drool over those jap cars that llok like they were styled by a manga cartoonist

but when a aggresive looking american car comes out its not nice

man the japs have brainwashed u good

13. Re: Still Ugly

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ni3Frontier</i>
    <b>Pontiacs are generally regarded as the poor man's performance vehicle. A relatively strong but rough engine, coupled with a rough transmission are Pontiac trademarks. As are the curious styling and cheap, plasticky interior. Its nice that they are trying to increase the quality of their vehicles, but maybe what they need is a fresh start. But does GM really need ANOTHER branch?

As for the cast iron block, it may be old, but many many modern cars use it because it is effective and strong. Weight can be a problem. But if you judge a car by what the engine is made out of... The Corvette Z06 has a cast iron block, and its no low tech car. Now I don't want to start another thread about Corvette is king, no it's not, European cars are better, nuh-uh, Japanese cars are best...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> You think Japanese cars are the best? Really?!!
    Havnt herd that in a while. Have you guys read that last Car & Driver magazine? They put the NSX, Porsche 911 and ZO6 to the test. On the Track, every driver was faster with the ZO6, 2 out of the 3 drivers liked the ZO6 best for the Track, 1 guy liked the ZO6 in every category. That guy was Steve Millen (Also S/Millen was faster than the other guys with every car).

Old pushrod technology schooling European quality and Japanese Honda technology.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Still

Get rid of your corolla corolla racer.>.>><!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Still Ugly

I think it looks better than the older ssei, but i still think the car is built rigid, cast iron block, could this be to improve the rigidity of the front crumple zone in case of a direct head on impact?
    I like the car..looks good, surely roomy, ...and for those of you who think amricans dont know how to build anything properly....just let me ask you one question...WHICH IS THE MOST POWERFUL COUNTRY IN THE WORLD???...thought so...it aint france, or the british or germany or japan...its AMERICA.....

16. Re: Still Ugly

OMG ur a #%$, americas the most power country in the world? why cuz its millitary goes into billions of dollars of debt every year? yes, billions i was reading all about how the blow their money. most powerful country in the world to go do what? bomb another one to nothing? a good number of u americans are pritty sick all u do is brag about ur millitary but u obviously dont understand certain things, like hmmm what the hell is ur millitary gonna acomplish, a good majority of the worlds countries are all part of the UN and NATO, so big amrys arent needed, its funny u brag about ur country being the best in the world, well every time i go there all i do is laugh at 90% of americans as they make asses of them selves, the one thing i dont understand is how they can live an hour away from toronto yet have accents like their from southern alabama. its hilarious. u say ur country is the best, well how come it hasnt been voted number one many years in a row like switzerland, canada etc. how come u dont even have a health care program for its population when in canada i could get a heart transplant, brain sergery, and oh why not throw in a prostetic eye while were at it, all for free. hmmm how much do u think it would cost u??? thats what i thought. if america is soooo supirior, why cant they use real wood in a pontiac, or give it an intirior that doesnt consist 99.9% of plastic, how about an aluminum block? how about they ditch the OVH engine and join the 21st century. please would u just quit with the american nationalistic pride, if u like ur country good for u, i love mine too, but u dont have to go around making an ass of urself saying "WHO HAS THE MOST POWERFUL COUNTRY IN THE WORLD??? OOH THATS WHAT I THOUGHT AMERICA".<!-- Signature -->