Stock C6 Z06 goes 10.98 @ 129mph

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by Spyder757, Dec 1, 2007.

1. The very same reason

2. The Z06 was running more than factory boost?

3. No, much like the owner had spent a lot of time behind the wheel of the Z06, Nissan has spent much more time behind the wheel of the GTR than the magazines did.

4. PWN

5. Z06 is the jesus.

6. SRT-10 is the Father.

7. and then there's the Blue Devil...

8. Holy Ghost?

9. Ah sick cuz, I didn't look hard enough. I guess this 10.9 isn't too far fetched if that is the old record.

Edit - So he didn't mention anything about tyre pressures? I think car mags test cars with factory recommended pressures, so that would account for some of the difference between owners and magazine times.

10. Yes there are "perfect shift points", but it doesn't take too long to work them out. After a few runs you should be able to suss it out, and I'm sure the people who test cars for a living are capable of this.

Obviously there is a perfect rpm to launch at (once again, with trial and error it's not hard to work out), but you don't bloody neutral dump a manual car. Or an auto for that matter.

A car with several thousand miles on it has nothing to do with performing maintenance on it.

You don't have to be "real good" to change gears without the clutch. With a normal road car gearbox the engine speed needs to match road speed for the gear you're changing into, and then you can put it in gear without using the clutch. If you want to change gears fast and without backing off the throttle, you're better off just stabbing/kicking the clutch when changing gears.

Drive cars much?

11. VTEC

12. VTEC doesn't equal hp.